CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

NO Way. That ring is being sold on ebay as a fan ring. No way Jostens or who would be making the auctual rings for the Royals would let it slip. Remember what Jostens did just hours after Duke won the 2015 National Championship they had posted on their facebook page what looked like their new Ring and they had just won it hours after they won it. Clearly it was just a mock up ring that was posted to screw with the would be bootlegers who fake rings, It must have worked too as a few weeks after the photo was posted there were knockoffs of this fake mock up Jostens Duke ring on the market. I am sure when the real Royals World Series Ring comes out it will be much nicer than this fan ring that appeared on ebay,

Looks like the NFL, the ultimate big-sports marketing machine, is paying tribute to the history and design of their past Super Bowl rings:

sb509.jpg

This huge looking display piece will be heading to San Francisco to be on display at the NFL experience. You can see by the background and built in lighting in front of the display, that this prop is quite large.

You can notice, that as usual, the rings are not displayed to scale size, as they all pretty much look the same size.

• Like 1

I have met dozens of ring collectors over the years. All of us have been frustrated by the lack of information available about championship rings. Lack of knowledge has led most of us to spend money foolishly from time to time on our beloved hobby. That’s why I started this blog and I’m thrilled that this blog has helped spread knowledge to other collectors.

Proforbes, welcome to the site, glad you're with us!

I went to the site link you posted, hoping to see a new championship ring blog. Did I misunderstand your post? When you said "that's why I started this blog" did you mean that's why you posted here, or did you start your own blog elsewhere?

Please let me know as I would think it would be great to the hobby to have more ring people post blogs.

Thanks!

I have met dozens of ring collectors over the years. All of us have been frustrated by the lack of information available about championship rings. Lack of knowledge has led most of us to spend money foolishly from time to time on our beloved hobby. That’s why I started this blog and I’m thrilled that this blog has helped spread knowledge to other collectors.

looks like a scam just to get us to go to her website that has nothing to do with sports rings

looks like a scam just to get us to go to her website that has nothing to do with sports rings

thanks Ravens12, I appreciate you letting me know

With another Brady vs. Manning game looming, it's a great time to look at, and discuss the design of some of their Super Bowl and championship rings.

Missing below is the Patriots Super Bowl 49 ring, (wish I had one) and the Colts 2009 AFC championship ring (an oversight on my part when taking the photo)

Of interesting note, if the Patriots win Super Bowl 50, you can bet their new ring will be even larger and contain more bling than any of their other four Super Bowl rings.

(Click on the picture below, to see a larger image of the rings)

brady1.jpg

I thought they were super bowl champions.

Why is it not called the world championship then ?

It is the NFC-AFC World Championship Of Professional Football

Super Bowl is just a much more marketable name...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I know it's early to talk more about ring design and the NFL, as only two of the four remaining teams will have a shot for a new championship ring design (the two winners advance and are guaranteed a new championship ring).  But here are some of the  championship rings awarded from each team in the past.

Any thoughts or comments about any of these rings (all made by Jostens) or about any ring designs that may come from this season?

My main thought is that if the Patriots win the Super Bowl, there theme of huge rings with Lombardi trophies each containing a football-shaped diamond will probably continue and we will see the largest super bowl ring ever.

cs1.jpg

On 1/11/2016 at 0:21 AM, Bucfan56 said:

Possible leak of the Royals new rings? 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

On 1/11/2016 at 3:33 AM, Championship Sports Rings said:

NO Way.   That ring is being sold on ebay as a fan ring. No way Jostens or who would be making the auctual rings for the Royals would let it slip.

I've got to say... that's one helluva fan ring then.  Best one I think I've ever seen.

• Like 1

nav-logo.png

Eli Manning will be honored at the Super Bowl as a 2 time Super Bowl MVP and of course, older brother Peyton will be playing in his 4th Super Bowl.  The Manning brothers, including Super Bowl 50, will have played in 6 Super Bowls!  The five existing rings are shown below.  Any thoughts of comments on the design of the championship rings shown below?

My favorite is the Giants later Super Bowl ring, shown below with 4 Lombardi trophies. 

pman7.jpg

eli1.jpg

Next to ZERO.  The only part of the ring that will have the super bowl 50 logo will be the side.  The Broncos might make the top of the ring to celebrate the 3 titles the will have won if they win the super bowl next sunday.   The Panthers winning their first super bowl will no doubt put the panthers logo somewhere on top of the ring.

The referee squad however will also get special Super Bowl 50 rings and the odds are good that they will put the Super Bowl 50 logo on top of that.  But again it wont be that big of a surprise as they have prob done that in past years.  We shall see but i fully think they will never put the Super Bowl log on top of the ring. 

On 1/30/2016 at 4:24 AM, Mac the Knife said:

What do you suppose the odds are of, instead of incorporating team-specific elements on the ring top, the Panthers or Broncos opt to really emphasize the SB50 logo as the centerpiece?  Unlikely perhaps, but it'd sure make the 50 ring distinctive from its predecessors.

While the odds are low of the sb50 logo making it to the centerpiece, a nice way to pay tribute to super bowl 50, with a possible chance of happening, would be to return the ring to the color gold instead of white gold.  The last yellow gold ring, was the Saints since that was one of the team's colors, back 6 years ago.  since that time, every winning super bowl ring has been white gold.

Yeah it will be interesting if Jostens makes both the winner and losers rings this year.  They made the Panthers only ring and they made the Broncos last AFC ring and Super Bowl ring.  After see last years Pats rings it would be hard for a team to turn down Jostens, especially after Tiffany's terrible Seattle NFC Ring. 

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

16 hours ago, sports-rings.com said:

To celebrate Super Bowl 50 week, and to honor the two teams that made it to the big game, here is a picture of all eight championship rings the teams have.  Seven of the eight belong to the Broncos.

Any comments, thoughts, or opinions on any of the designs of the eight rings?

sb50a.jpg

Wow, sweet post. Thanks for putting those all together Mike!  

One question: It appears that you have the relative size of the rings correct, so my question is whether the Broncos last AFC ring is REALLY that big? It seems outsized, but I know you would represent it correctly because you're into details like that. 

Anyhoo, just curious!

Thanks,

Karl

A part owner of the Green Bay Packers

On January 30, 2016 at 1:31 AM, Championship Sports Rings said:

Next to ZERO.  The only part of the ring that will have the super bowl 50 logo will be the side.  The Broncos might make the top of the ring to celebrate the 3 titles the will have won if they win the super bowl next sunday.   The Panthers winning their first super bowl will no doubt put the panthers logo somewhere on top of the ring.

The referee squad however will also get special Super Bowl 50 rings and the odds are good that they will put the Super Bowl 50 logo on top of that.  But again it wont be that big of a surprise as they have prob done that in past years.  We shall see but i fully think they will never put the Super Bowl log on top of the ring. 

Gosh, I was all set to totally agree with you (and I think I mostly do). But then I remembered the NFL helps pay for the rings.  Granted, the individual team owner often goes above and beyond money-wise, but what if the League ASKED them to incorporate the Super Bowl 50 logo?? You know, it only comes around every 50 years. 

Just look at what they're doing with the Super Bowl artwork. Remember when each SB had its own distinct logo and artwork? Not anymore. And I'm not saying it's better or even a good thing. Just that that's the way it is now. 

Okay, go ahead and shoot down my theory now! ;)  

like i said, ymar, I do mostly agree with you!  

Karl. 

A part owner of the Green Bay Packers

6 hours ago, Karlsgems said:

Wow, sweet post. Thanks for putting those all together Mike!  

One question: It appears that you have the relative size of the rings correct, so my question is whether the Broncos last AFC ring is REALLY that big? It seems outsized, but I know you would represent it correctly because you're into details like that. 

Anyhoo, just curious!

Thanks,

Karl

The relative size of the front row rings are correct, because every one of the rings in the picture were photographed by me and are player rings and 100% authentic.  The rings in the top background might appear a hair larger had I moved them up to the same row as the front row (because objects get smaller when they are moved back).

Yes the Broncos AFC ring is that big.  When others (or me) compile ring photos and merge different pictures together, it's almost impossible to get the exact size right.  Fortunately, I own just about every NFL championship ring since super bowl one (I am missing just two winners and NFC rings).