CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Bama41827 - I agree with a lot of what you are saying!

The Cowboys ring is gorgeous and the Bills ring is about the best you can do on the budget the NFL provides for losing teams during that time period.

I see the last Steelers ring differently than you do - I find it to be like modern art - way too much going on and it looks poorly designed to me. I don't mean any disrespect - while I am a Jets (and Giants) fan, I love championship rings so much I can still be awe when teams I root against get great rings made.

Perfect point is the Pats new ring - it is magnificent, yet the Pats, as a Jets fan drive me crazy.

I think the Steelers Super Bowl XL was a great looking ring - it's only issue was that it was quite small compared to other rings from that time period, including their ring made three years later.

None taken, for the most part, the latest SB Ring from the Patriots is pretty gnarly (in a good way). I love the style and homage to the past with the marquis diamonds celebrating the past SB's won. The Steelers latest ring was the one I liked the most, I should have clarified that. I hate to say this as a Steelers guy but in reality, I will digress and say the Pats have done a great job overall designing their rings. I am always anxious to see the styles and designs that get introduced each year. Soon enough we may see knuckle rings....

As The NFL Season Approaches, Fans Dream of New Championship Rings

This photo recently wound up on Twitter and reminds championship ring enthusiasts and football fans of what possibly lies ahead:

eag50.jpg

We’ve seen plenty of fan-designed championship rings show up on the internet, but this one is really good!

Perhaps the designer can work for a major ring manufacturer as some of their rings lately have been uninspiring.

This Super Bowl ring design, although heavily borrowed from the Eagles 2004 NFC championship ring, is a classy attempt to show what a future Eagles Super Bowl ring could look like.

In all probability, the Eagles would go with a little more bling and not have a team-colored green onyx center stone. But who could argue that this championship ring is not gorgeous?

The one large marquise football shaped diamond would be symbolic of the team’s first Super Bowl championship (still yet to be won).

Good luck to all the teams, and their fans and just think, in five short months, we’ll know which NFL team will be awarded a very special, Super Bowl 50 championship ring.

Anyone want to discuss the design of this ring???

A few days ago the New 2015 Duke National Championship Rings were given out to the players. To the surprise of prob a of of fans the design was NOT the same one that was relasesed 2 hours after they won the National Championship in April. I had posted the link to Jostens facebook page as soon as they released the mock up photo. It was similar to the 2010 Ring they had put out. I thought no way this would be the real or final design that the team would choose and I find it real funny that Jostens would post it just hours after the team won it all. What would be real funny would be if Jostens wanted to stick it to the bootleggers and cheap knock off makers so they would waste their time and money making this so called Duke ring and it wasnt even the real one the players would get 5 months later. One could believe that Jostens did it on purpose because they could have just posted a photo of a mock up of the top of the ring but they went as far to post the 2 sides of the ring too. As you all know the people who make fakes and copies will have to have clear photos of both sides of the ring as well as the top of the ring. No doubt when the fake copies came out less than 2 weeks after Duke won the title they prob sold a few rings till the real ones came out this week. No I bet those fakes will be even discounted even cheaper since they are not eevn copies of the real ring. Sadly in about 2 to 3 weeks you will start to see copies and fakes of the real 2015 Duke National Championship Rings. I would also guess that most of the fakes are ordered and not in stock. The only exceptions would be the Super Bowl Rings they prob make a ton of them as they are much more popular than college rings. In the end even though some china company took the time to make fake copies of the mock up 2015 ring months ago i doubt if they really loose too much money as they can pretty much crank them out as soon as the design is released.

Its a real shame that Jostens and the other ring companues dont put more pressure on ebay to pull these fakes as thats one of the things that are not allowed on ebay. But ebay hardly enforces it unless the ring companies complain. I know they have a place in the market placce but its cluttering up ebay way too much. Used to be cool to see real champiosnhip rings for sale now most of it are the cheap copies and fakes.

The New Duke National Championship Ring is based off the 2014 Wisconsin Final Four Ring also made by Jostens.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COXCIDcVAAAWesb.jpg

COXCIDcVAAAWesb.jpg

An Honest Mistake, or a Championship Ring Design Cover Up?

Before We Blame the Patriots on Another Conspiracy, I’m Sure This Time They Had Nothing to do With This Championship Ring Design Falsehood:

sb149.jpg

The ring picture above, circulated on the internet a few days ago. You can see by the NBC logo, a feature about Super Bowl rings probably aired on NBC recently.

The photograph clearly shows the first Super Bowl ring next to the latest and greatest Super Bowl XLIX ring.

A casual non championship ring enthusiast would take the photograph on face value, and instantly see that Super Bowl ring designs have come a long way in almost half a century.

However, us championship ring enthusiasts here on this site, know that in reality, the discrepancy in physical size between the two rings is much greater and that NBC either intentionally or accidentally made the two championship rings appear much closer in size.

We don’t know yet, how much larger the Super Bowl XLIX ring is than the Packers Super Bowl I ring. That’s because Jostens, who coincidentally, manufactured both of these championship rings, has not released the details of the size and weight of their latest Super Bowl ring.

We know that the Packers Super Bowl I ring, was manufactured in 14K solid yellow gold and weighs around 40 grams.

The Patriots ring looks to be larger than the three known huge Super Bowl rings that were made recently – The Pats XXXIX championship ring, the Steelers XLIII championship ring, and the Ravens XLVII championship ring.

Because 14K gold is about 10% heavier than 10K gold, and the Patriots XXXIX championship ring and Steelers XLIII ring were made of 14K gold, let’s stick with the Ravens ring for a moment. The Ravens ring weighs in at 90-92 grams.

If the new Pats ring is 10% larger (and it’s probably more than that), then the Pats newest ring is about 100 grams.

That means that the new Patriots Super Bowl XLIX ring is probably two and a half times the size of the Packers Super Bowl I ring!

Since there’s a good chance that no one has ever photographed the two championship rings together, it’s possible that the NBC graphics people guessed and came up with the illustration above. Or perhaps, not to embarrass the NFL or the Packers, NBC did the photo with comparably sized championship rings on purpose.

As soon as I get a real Pats Super Bowl XLIX ring, I’ll take a photograph and place the photo on this championship ring blog site and also on this site and then we’ll know for sure the actual difference.

I've seen the Pats ring on Gronks hand and it's HUGE! The problem is that the larger these rings get the less the players will actually wear them pretty much defeating the purpose. When I met Charles Woodson a few years ago I asked why he wasn't wearing his ring. He told me that it was so heavy that his hand would get tired and it left calluses on his other fingers. Even in an interview John Elway says he doesn't wear his because they are uncomfortable and didn't allow him to put his hands in his pockets. So while the players my want huge rings in the end they'll tell you later in life they'd prefer smaller.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Warriors have selected Jason of Beverly Hills for their ring.

21333585849_24ebb51f04_n.jpg

we look forward to creating a ring that will be talked about in sports circles for generations

@warriorsworld

Pressure is on Jason of Beverly Hills to produce the best Championship Rings ever http://www.warriorsworld.net/2015/09/18/warriors-news-warriors-choose-jeweler-championship-rings/

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Warriors have selected Jason of Beverly Hills for their ring.

21333585849_24ebb51f04_n.jpg

we look forward to creating a ring that will be talked about in sports circles for generations

@warriorsworld

Pressure is on Jason of Beverly Hills to produce the best Championship Rings ever http://www.warriorsworld.net/2015/09/18/warriors-news-warriors-choose-jeweler-championship-rings/

Same artists that did the 2009 and 2010 LA Lakers rings, I think the Warriors made a great choice. Can't wait to see what they come up with and what special features this ring will include. The 2010 Lakers ring was cool because all of the rings had a piece of the game ball from game 7. The fact that this was the 40th anniversary of the last Warriors title might also be something Jason of Beverly Hills incorporates into the design.

Last week I had a chance to acquire a player's NFC 2014 Seahawks championship ring.

sb49comp.jpg

The photo above shows (on top) the actual championship ring that was offered to me.

There were a couple of issues with the NFC ring that troubled me - the paperwork that came with the player's ring didn't match the ring properly, and worse, the player's uniform number, personalized on the ring, was not the jersey number he wore during the season.

As I pondered the sale for a couple of days, another item that bothered me greatly, was how sub-par the Seahawks Tiffany ring design was, when compared to the Patriots AFC ring from 2011 (also shown above).

I'm showing both rings so you can see how magnificent and well designed the Patriots championship ring is. There's beautiful color on the ring top and on the side too. My favorite part of the ring is that the Patriots acknowledged and celebrated their 7 Super Bowl appearances, with 7 marquis diamonds on top of the ring.

When compared to the Seahawks 2014 championship ring, the Seattle's shank is dramatically inferior to the Patriots shank (side of the ring) and makes no mention of their second consecutive Super Bowl appearance and third overall appearance.

As I pondered the sale, the paperwork issue, the jersey number mismatch, all I could think about was how much worse the Seahawks ring was than the Pats ring. Ultimately I decided to pass on the opportunity to purchase this ring.

I'm sure I will acquire a Seahawks championship ring sooner or later, but most importantly, the ring will be acquired without the issues mentioned above, and the ring will be priced at a more realistic figure.

Anyone else have any thoughts or opinions on how sub-par the Seahswks ring is? Or am I wrong and being too hard on the design of the Seahawks ring?

Its exciting to have Jason of Beverly HIlls do the NBA rings.

I have to tell you, Jostens and Tiffany have been mailing it in with their recent SB rings, it great to see new designed rings.

Having said that about Jostens, I really like the 2 blackhawks rings they made, cant wait to see the new one.

Last week I had a chance to acquire a player's NFC 2014 Seahawks championship ring.

sb49comp.jpg

The photo above shows (on top) the actual championship ring that was offered to me.

There were a couple of issues with the NFC ring that troubled me - the paperwork that came with the player's ring didn't match the ring properly, and worse, the player's uniform number, personalized on the ring, was not the jersey number he wore during the season.

As I pondered the sale for a couple of days, another item that bothered me greatly, was how sub-par the Seahawks Tiffany ring design was, when compared to the Patriots AFC ring from 2011 (also shown above).

I'm showing both rings so you can see how magnificent and well designed the Patriots championship ring is. There's beautiful color on the ring top and on the side too. My favorite part of the ring is that the Patriots acknowledged and celebrated their 7 Super Bowl appearances, with 7 marquis diamonds on top of the ring.

When compared to the Seahawks 2014 championship ring, the Seattle's shank is dramatically inferior to the Patriots shank (side of the ring) and makes no mention of their second consecutive Super Bowl appearance and third overall appearance.

As I pondered the sale, the paperwork issue, the jersey number mismatch, all I could think about was how much worse the Seahawks ring was than the Pats ring. Ultimately I decided to pass on the opportunity to purchase this ring.

I'm sure I will acquire a Seahawks championship ring sooner or later, but most importantly, the ring will be acquired without the issues mentioned above, and the ring will be priced at a more realistic figure.

Anyone else have any thoughts or opinions on how sub-par the Seahswks ring is? Or am I wrong and being too hard on the design of the Seahawks ring?

Yeah, you're right. The design is very poor. It might be just that they were not motivated to design a ring due to their disappointment (remember how the Steelers did watches just a few years ago when they lost to the Packers?). Very little thought went into this ring.

How did this ring 'feel' to you? Did it feel appropriately heavy? How was the finish? We're the details sloppy? I'm just asking because people are getting awfully good at making copies.

You were right to pass on it. Listening to that little voice in that back if your head is usually wise. The jersey not matching up and the paperwork not being right are big red flags.

Thanks for sharing your experience, though. Very interesting.

Thanks,

Karl.

A part owner of the Green Bay Packers

So we should be seeing the Chicago Blackhawks ring pretty soon, right?! Anyone seen that thing yet or know who was commissioned to make it? Probably Jostens like the other ones, but you never know.

TIA for any info you all have,

Karl

A part owner of the Green Bay Packers

Yeah, you're right. The design is very poor. It might be just that they were not motivated to design a ring due to their disappointment (remember how the Steelers did watches just a few years ago when they lost to the Packers?). Very little thought went into this ring.

How did this ring 'feel' to you? Did it feel appropriately heavy? How was the finish? We're the details sloppy? I'm just asking because people are getting awfully good at making copies.

You were right to pass on it. Listening to that little voice in that back if your head is usually wise. The jersey not matching up and the paperwork not being right are big red flags.

I wish I had a chance to see the ring offering in person but the offer and decline were done by internet. You bring up a good point, perhaps their heart was not into the design this time around

The details are sloppy and the design on the sides are awful.

My gut feeling is the ring is 100% legitimate, I saw the inside markings and the paperwork looks real, I just believe Tiffany made an error with the Jersey number when they made the ring. As a result, it's possible the player received a second ring (with a corrected Jersey) and sold this ring, but this is just speculation on my part.

The paperwork also said the ring was 18K gold, but the ring, in actuality was 14K gold.

Someday when I acquire this ring, the first thing I will do is photograph the ring with the prior year's Super Bowl winning ring. A very cool design feature, may be that the rings are the same size and style (just missing a large center football shaped diamond from the winning ring) and if that's the case, that's a great idea. If they are the same size, players can wear both rings, and like matching cuff-links they would look like a great matching pair of championship rings!

If they are not the same size, than..... never mind.......!

Mike you getting close to getting a new Pats SB ring?

I can't wait till you get one man, I love to know how much that baby weighs and see pictures of your complete collection of Pats SB and AFC rings during Tom Brady era. I check out your blog everyday, keep hoping some day soon I will see pics of new Pats SB ring.

BTW, I saw some pics on twitter of Pats none football operations staff rings, unlike 2003 and 2004 rings when staff rings were different design, this time around staff rings look identical to players ring. Of course some maybe none gold and fake diamonds.

Anyhow, BOL getting a Pats ring soon.

Mike you getting close to getting a new Pats SB ring?

I can't wait till you get one man, I love to know how much that baby weighs and see pictures of your complete collection of Pats SB and AFC rings during Tom Brady era. I check out your blog everyday, keep hoping some day soon I will see pics of new Pats SB ring.

BTW, I saw some pics on twitter of Pats none football operations staff rings, unlike 2003 and 2004 rings when staff rings were different design, this time around staff rings look identical to players ring. Of course some maybe none gold and fake diamonds.

Anyhow, BOL getting a Pats ring soon.

Thanks for the kind words about the blog and for your encouragement about acquiring a new Pats ring!

If and when I acquire one, I will weigh it, shoot some photographs of all four rings (and the 6, which would include those two AFC rings) and report here and on the blog with results and pictures.

No luck yet with a ring. Here's an observation about front office staff and championship ring designs. It seems that when a team wins their first championship ring, or wins one after a long drought, they give a lot of "A" versions to front office personal. Examples include the Pats, sb#36, Pats, #49 (long drought), Yankees 2009, (long drought), etc.

When the teams win a lot in a short span, they narrow their ring personal inclusion, or provide a much smaller ring to staff (ex. Yankees 1999 and 2000), Pats, sb#38 and #39.

In fairness, there could be other circumstances that lead to these decisions to provide a smaller ring (or no ring) such as: The cost and hugeness of the ring (Pats sb#39), or the Yankees being annoyed so many rings were sold to collectors.