2009 NBA Playoffs

TFoA

The Bulls-Celtics series has been one of the best NBA playoff series (of any round) that I've ever seen! :shocked: I was on the edge of my seat, hoping that the Bulls didn't blow it like they did in game 5. (I'm still mad about that last play in that game. :cursing: ) From Noah's dunk to Rose blocking Rondo's shot. The game was simply fantastic! :D In fact each game (expect for that game 3 stinker) has been a thrill to watch. I predict that Game 7 will be another close game, though I think that the Celtic will barely survive the Bulls & move on to face the Magic. If the Celtic do eliminate my Bulls, then I'll root for the Magic to beat the Celtics in the 2nd round. Let's Go Bulls! B)

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a freakin' game. But how can Ray Allen not get the last couple of shots? I understand John Salmons was draped all over him, but I would rather have one of the greatest shooters in the NBA and the guy with 51 points in the game force up a shot rather than a guy hobbling on his ankle with a suspect shot like Rajon Rondo. And that was not very smart from Paul Pierce fouling out on the Joakim Noah dunk (that long hair, the speed, did he look like a galloping horse or what?)

Bold 2: No, he looked like a douche. Acts like one too. I probably dislike this guy more than any professional sports player, and yes I had these feelings before the series even started. He was a clown at Florida too.

Tell me how you really feel.

jm1.jpg

^_^

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

w00t! Game 7 for the Heat! Joel Anthony FTW!

I saw that blowout coming a mile away.

#1: The Heat are pissed and trying to stave off elimination.

#2: The Hawks are TERRIBLE on the road. The fact that they won in Miami in this series is basically a miracle.

#3: These Hawks aren't going to clinch anything on the road.

Game 7's gonna be interesting. I still feel good about the Hawks moving on.

#2: The Hawks are TERRIBLE on the road. The fact that they won in Miami in this series is basically a miracle.

Can both teams show up for just one game? One game? Please?

Piss the :censored: off, Noah and Miller! Go back to France/Chicago/Hell/any synonym of these three. You suck and I hope you both enjoy your extended vacations, because you have certainly :censored:ing earned it.\

Phew. Okay. I'm good now. :P

On to the Magic!

I know the Celtics won, and thank god they did.. but that foul on Pierce at the end of the 1st half against Heinrich has to be the worst call in any sport, that I have ever seen. I was absolutely speechless. Also the Bulls bench screaming at House during one of his 3's was also about as classless as it gets. I'm glad this series is over, I don't think I could take seeing Joakim Noah's face on my television set one more night. Now that I have that off my chest, I wanna say congrats to the Bulls for making this one of the -- if not the best -- series of all time. You gave everything you had and I really enjoyed watching it.

I know the Celtics won, and thank god they did.. but that foul on Pierce at the end of the 1st half against Hinrich has to be the worst call in any sport, that I have ever seen. I was absolutely speechless. Also the Bulls bench screaming at House during one of his 3's was also about as classless as it gets. I'm glad this series is over, I don't think I could take seeing Joakim Noah's face on my television set one more night. Now that I have that off my chest, I wanna say congrats to the Bulls for making this one of the -- if not the best -- series of all time. You gave everything you had and I really enjoyed watching it.

Don't go acting like all the Celtics are saints. Garnett was talking trash the entire series and he didn't play a minute. I couldn't read his lips, but I bet whatever he said after the game to the Bulls was really classy. And Rondo should get a sportsmanship award for throwing Hinrich into the scorer's table. There were bad calls both ways, the Celtics were definately not cheated throughout the series.

It was just a great series, and I hope the Bulls can just improve for next year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Piss the :censored: off, Noah and Miller! Go back to France/Chicago/Hell/any synonym of these three. You suck and I hope you both enjoy your extended vacations, because you have certainly :censored:ing earned it.\

Easy, Tiger! :lol:

Too bad Game 7 was a dud compared some of those Instant Classics from prior games. Bottom line: The Celtics are moving onto the second round, but now I'm really starting to think that KG isn't coming back if he was still going to sit out a Game 7 of that magnitude, which translates to Cleveland smoking Boston in the Eastern Finals if the Magic don't get the job done before then.

6uXNWAo.png

I know the Celtics won, and thank god they did.. but that foul on Pierce at the end of the 1st half against Hinrich has to be the worst call in any sport, that I have ever seen. I was absolutely speechless. Also the Bulls bench screaming at House during one of his 3's was also about as classless as it gets. I'm glad this series is over, I don't think I could take seeing Joakim Noah's face on my television set one more night. Now that I have that off my chest, I wanna say congrats to the Bulls for making this one of the -- if not the best -- series of all time. You gave everything you had and I really enjoyed watching it.

Don't go acting like all the Celtics are saints. Garnett was talking trash the entire series and he didn't play a minute. I couldn't read his lips, but I bet whatever he said after the game to the Bulls was really classy. And Rondo should get a sportsmanship award for throwing Hinrich into the scorer's table. And there were bad calls both ways, the Celtics were definately not cheated throughout the series.

It was just a great series, and I hope the Bulls can just improve for next year.

Yeah, there were some absolute terrible calls both ways, that foul on Brad Miller at the end on Ray Allen on the breakaway was bs too. he got all ball, thats just one example. I can name tons more bad calls going both ways. Sportsmanship?? Seriously???? Dont even get me started on sportsmanship. if you think that the bulls bench yelling was the worst sportsmanship of the series, then you didnt watch the games. I don't think Rondo should have even been playing in game 7 personally. The celtics played with absolute ZERO respect, minus Ray Allen.

Oh yeah, and it was pretty damn fun to watch. Once Rose develops a three point shot and bulks up a bit, he's gonna be unstoppable

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

We've got another boatrace going on in the ATL/MIA series, with the Hawks up 16 in the second quarter.

If this game follows suit, Cleveland's next victim will be the Atlanta.

6uXNWAo.png

Don't go acting like all the Celtics are saints. Garnett was talking trash the entire series and he didn't play a minute. I couldn't read his lips, but I bet whatever he said after the game to the Bulls was really classy. And Rondo should get a sportsmanship award for throwing Hinrich into the scorer's table. And there were bad calls both ways, the Celtics were definately not cheated throughout the series.

Yeah, there were some absolute terrible calls both ways, that foul on Brad Miller at the end on Ray Allen on the breakaway was bs too. he got all ball, thats just one example. I can name tons more bad calls going both ways. Sportsmanship?? Seriously???? Dont even get me started on sportsmanship. if you think that the bulls bench yelling was the worst sportsmanship of the series, then you didnt watch the games. I don't think Rondo should have even been playing in game 7 personally. The celtics played with absolute ZERO respect, minus Ray Allen.

Oh yeah, and it was pretty damn fun to watch. Once Rose develops a three point shot and bulks up a bit, he's gonna be unstoppable

I like the words getting put in my mouth left and right, that's fantastic. First of all I never said a damn thing about the Celtics being favored by the referee's, I simply said that call on Pierce was one of the worst blown calls I have ever seen. If you can't admit that then it's really not worth continuing a conversation with you. Right now you sound like a pissy 10 year old, cool it. NBA referee's make the game almost unwatchable -- there is no chance in hell anybody with any sense of basketball can say their team was screwed by the ref's without stinking of homerism. I have an inkling referee's call the play on how they think it's going to happen instead of what actually happens. That's the only viable reason for their constant ineptitude.

Also, if you feel like continuing to talk about class during the series lets not forget to sprinkle in Ben Gordon running down the court grabbing his junk. I Truly can't believe the league office kept quiet about that one. Now was Rondo's foul on Miller flagrant 2? Hell yes. But what can you do now? Series is over.

You have got to be kidding me dude. Rondo shouldn't be playing? Then Miller and Noah should be in jail. Allen slowed up on the fastbreak cause he knew Miller would slap him. Rondo's shove on Hinrich was retarded, and it was a completely unnecessary overreaction to a rebound tussle, but at least it was a reaction. Hinrich chased Rondo and tried to attack him, which is just as flagrant and just as much of a reaction. So fine, we will establish that it was a flagrant foul, and while I think it should have been a double-flagrant, I can live with the T to Hinrich. I have no complaints about how that was handled. But then in Game 7, Mr. Noah grabs Rondo's head and shoulder while he is blowing by him and already in the air, and pulls him horizontally to the ground. Then makes the "Who, me?" face like he didn't even foul him. Apparently, that is simply a personal foul and nothing more, while Rondo pushing a guy on his feet to the scorers table is a flagrant (which it should have been). Rondo doesn't even react. Then, the VERY NEXT TIME down the floor, Miller slaps Rondo in the face as he is jumping, twice as bad as Rondo did in Game 4. Miller made that slap move at least three times in the game, one time injuring Perkins' shoulder. Fine, don't call a flagrant, but don't complain about it because that guy is just human :censored:. Oh yeah, I forgot the vicious mind bullets Pierce used to trip up Hinrich and make him fall on his face, what a dirty unsportsmanlike guy. Davis? Thug, right? Garnett? I'm sure he said crap but 90% of the time he is talking to himself, and other than that, he is coaching the players, specifically Davis. I don't know if you've ever seen him before, but he can be a pretty intense guy. (And yes, I do believe whatever he may have said when the players were mingling on the court after the game was classy, and I believe that the Bulls would do the same. This is on-court :censored:.) But, he didn't directly step towards a Bulls player and yell in his face as he was taking a jump shot, and then draw a technical on the jump shooter. If he did, imagine what you guys would be saying. (I personally don't have as much as a problem with that, unless they stepped on the court to do so, and you cannot call a T on Eddie there.

Look, I don't even have a problem with any of the Bulls players minus Noah and Miller. My hatred for those guys is up at the level of Zaza Pachulia, Sasha Pavlovic, and A-Rod. But really, I love Salmons and Hunter, and watching Gordon and Rose was great fun when they weren't giving me heart attacks. Hinrich is a turd, but I can live with him. I don't think Speedy ever said the Celtics were saints, and they weren't, although I don't think anyone except Rondo even came close to the level of Noah and Miller in that series. I don't know what the big deal is about sportsmanship, I mean I could complain about Miller making the same gang symbol Pierce made last year (or something similar) or Ben Gordon looking at the C's and making a crotch gesture, but I really think in the Playoffs that crap like that his going to happen and you don't even pay attention most of the time. I have a problem with unprecedented dirty moves, but that's really it. The referees are some of the biggest idiots in professional sports, and at times make the games almost unwatchable. It goes both ways, and is probably the major reason we have arguments like this. But, hey, it's the NBA. Where :censored: happens.

Well, whatever, it's finally over. Doesn't matter anymore. Now, I can focus all my hate lasers on J.J. Redick, and I am greatly looking forward to that. :P

Curt, I think I'm okay now. :P

Can both teams show up for just one game? One game? Please?

The answer to that is no. :(

Wade-sig.png

Well, the Hawks have earned the right to get their asses handed to them by the Cavs...but hey, better the Hawks than the Heat, right? :P

Seriously, though. After watching this series, and watching how awful the Hawks played on the road, they have NO chance. I just ask them to get one win at home.

I like the words getting put in my mouth left and right, that's fantastic. First of all I never said a damn thing about the Celtics being favored by the referee's, I simply said that call on Pierce was one of the worst blown calls I have ever seen. If you can't admit that then it's really not worth continuing a conversation with you. Right now you sound like a pissy 10 year old, cool it. NBA referee's make the game almost unwatchable -- there is no chance in hell anybody with any sense of basketball can say their team was screwed by the ref's without stinking of homerism. I have an inkling referee's call the play on how they think it's going to happen instead of what actually happens. That's the only viable reason for their constant ineptitude.

Also, if you feel like continuing to talk about class during the series lets not forget to sprinkle in Ben Gordon running down the court grabbing his junk. I Truly can't believe the league office kept quiet about that one. Now was Rondo's foul on Miller flagrant 2? Hell yes. But what can you do now? Series is over.

Okay, you are also putting words into my mouth. i said there were bad calls going both ways, and I am certainly not saying the bulls got screwed by the refs. Not at all. they played like absolute crap in the second quarter, all by themselves. I'm really not bitter about this series, and I'm actually truly happy about the bulls season in total, but you can't tell me that Rondo played cleanly or respectfully. and neither did Noah or Miller. and neither did garnett from the sidelines. and neither did ben gordon. it was a hard fought series, and bad calls and tense situations are going to come, no matter what

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Well, unless they decide to play all of these games in Atlanta, the Hawks are screwed. This series against the Heat may have went 7, but had nowhere near the excitement of the Celtics/Bulls series. I'm still glad Atlanta advanced, even if it means getting slaughtered by (maybe) the eventual NBA champs.

Well, unless they decide to play all of these games in Atlanta, the Hawks are screwed. This series against the Heat may have went 7, but had nowhere near the excitement of the Celtics/Bulls series. I'm still glad Atlanta advanced, even if it means getting slaughtered by (maybe) the eventual NBA champs.

I honestly don't mind. If anything, the Hawks may benefit from this if the lose, because they'll once again see another championship caliber team in the playoffs. Playing the Celtics last year did wonders for this team, and playing the Cavs this year will only help.

That's still the scary part about the Hawks: They are nowhere near peaking yet.

Archived