2009 NBA Playoffs

TFoA

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16-0 in the playoffs is almost a laughable idea. Just think how often does a pro sports team go on a 16-0 unbeaten run at any time of the year? Rarely. But to do that against the best teams, in a playoff format, as the Jazz showed last night, is even more difficult.

Also I don't think the whole 'the east is rubbish, the west is great' meme applies anymore. Beyond the Lakers, I can't see a single Western Conference team that the Cavaliers or Celtics at least would be scared of. And the Magic aren't far behind, the Heat still have D-Wade, I think there is far more parity across the conferences than there was maybe 2 or 3 years ago.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I don't know how long he's been doing this but, Mo Williams finally pulled it off: He's wearing the infamous "shooting sleeve" on both arms. I wondered how long it would take for someone to look this ridiculous, and cangratulations Mo Williams for accomplishing this feat. Why not just wear a long sleeve shirt? Also, is there a rule about wearing shirts in the NBA? The last person I know that wore a jersey over a shirt was, thank the Lord, George Karl, and he got fined. :P

Is also the new "fad" for your team's star to wear the "shooting sleeve"? No matter what arm it's on (shooting or non shooting)?

I don't know how long he's been doing this but, Mo Williams finally pulled it off: He's wearing the infamous "shooting sleeve" on both arms. I wondered how long it would take for someone to look this ridiculous, and cangratulations Mo Williams for accomplishing this feat. Why not just wear a long sleeve shirt? Also, is there a rule about wearing shirts in the NBA? The last person I know that wore a jersey over a shirt was, thank the Lord, George Karl, and he got fined. :P

Is also the new "fad" for your team's star to wear the "shooting sleeve"? No matter what arm it's on (shooting or non shooting)?

Ray Allen has done in all three games, have you not noticed?

broncos00.pngnuggets00.pngavalanche00.png

Ray Allen has done in all three games, have you not noticed?

I guess I didn't, though I only saw the last few minutes of game 1 of the Bulls-Celtics series.

Holy sheet - am I seeing what I think I'm seeing???

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Holy sheet - am I seeing what I think I'm seeing???

Yeah dude, you is.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Mike Woodson has immediately been thrust onto the hotseat. Losing to the Heat at home = Not acceptable. Losing to the Heat in Miami by damn near 30 = SOOOOOOO not acceptable.

That was awesome the way Cleveland fans took over the Palace!!!

Think Antonio McDyess wishes he took the Cavaliers offer instead of resigning with the Pistons?

I still think he's kicking himself for saying he wouldn't play for Denver.

broncos00.pngnuggets00.pngavalanche00.png

That was awesome the way Cleveland fans took over the Palace!!!

Think Antonio McDyess wishes he took the Cavaliers offer instead of resigning with the Pistons?

I still think he's kicking himself for saying he wouldn't play for Denver.

Either place would have been better as Cleveland/Denver is my pick for the NBA Finals.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

The Iverson-Billups trade destroyed the Pistons.

Speaking of "the aftermath of trades," I thought the Rockets dealing Rafer Alston to the Magic would wreck the Rockets. Instead, those two young guards they have now runnin the show have come up huge. Great game to end a great day of action. Rockets now up 3-1.

All around a great day of NBA playoff TV. Bulls-Celts 2-OT thriller, Magic-Sixers, and Blazers-Rockets. Amazin happened Sunday.

NYCdog.png

Archived