2009 NBA Playoffs

TFoA

I know that this should really be in the Requests page but the topic of the Hornets' crap out of beating (thank you StrongBad) really warrants these two favors... Does some have a screen shot of the score graphic with the final score (on Altitude, NBA TV, etc.)and what about a Hornets jersey with the #58 below it ? It's something to remember I'm sure.

BTW I think EJ said on TNT that when the St'Louis Hawks lost by 58 to Mpls, they came came back to win by ONE in the next game. Good for them not to roll over immediately

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the Hawks-Heat game last night, those two 4-point plays were kinda bogus. On the first 3-pointer, the guy shot the ball a full second before Bibby touched him, and if I remember correctly, hit the guy on the left foot/leg as the shooter was already falling backwards. Then, on the second 3-pointer, the guy fakes, Bibby runs by and maybe grazes him, but the guy wasn't shooting or moving, and as Bibby is sitting in the corner, the guy then takes the shot and makes it.

Shouldn't fouls be called only when a person's body is struck while shooting/dribbling/moving?

It was Solo on the first one, but the point remains. Plus during this time, the Hawks were getting mugged on the other end with nothing being called.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Then, on the second 3-pointer, the guy fakes, Bibby runs by and maybe grazes him, but the guy wasn't shooting or moving, and as Bibby is sitting in the corner, the guy then takes the shot and makes it.

That play is probably the 3rd time in my life that I have flung a remote across the room. That was probably the worst call in NBA history. Ok, I'm exaggerating, but that was an assbackwards call if I've ever seen one. You're exactly right when you say that he MAYBE grazed him, with there being an 85% chance that he didn't touch him, and a 15% chance that he maybe flicked a bead of sweat onto James Jones. That was a TERRIBLE call, but it's also the type of call that you have to live with in a road playoff game. Sad, but true.

BTW, no series for the rest of the playoffs is going to top the basketball that has been played in this Bulls/Celtics series. 5 games, 3 of which went to OT, 1 went to double OT, and almost every game except for Game 3 has gone right down to the wire. Just great basketball all around.

BTW, no series for the rest of the playoffs is going to top the basketball that has been played in this Bulls/Celtics series. 5 games, 3 of which went to OT, 1 went to double OT, and almost every game except for Game 3 has gone right down to the wire. Just great basketball all around.

Yeah, its completely unbelievable. Smacked heads, knocked out teeth, missed free throws, bad calls (both ways, dont worry), awkward shots, buzzer beaters, turnovers, great acting jobs, and most importantly, Mikki Moore's big ugly head.

I'm not even mad to watch the Bulls lose the way they are losing right now, I am honored to watch this series

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

The refs got caught up in the moment and let the fans influence that decision, plus Wade picked the worst time to try a hard foul, immediately after he was issued a T on the other side. Bad timing on his part.

I really do hope Horford is ok. Zaza Pachulia has proven that he can step in and be the starter, but I don't really trust Solomon Jones, and I REALLY don't trust Randolph Morris. Hopefully Horford will be ready to go for Game 6 and/or a possible Game 7.

Also, I love how the Hawks enjoy to start melees and get rough when David Stern is in the building. KG vs. Zaza? Stern was there. 4 T's in one play? Stern was there.

Chauncey Billups is the man. Whatever he touches turns into victory.

Exactly.

Hell, he even led the CU Buffs to their only NCAA Tournament of my lifetime, which should tell you all you need to know about the guy.

6uXNWAo.png

I said earlier the Billups-Iverson trade was a disaster for Detroit. For Denver it has now made them a legit team that can possibly be the biggest challenge to LA in the West.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'll bet you my entire prediction mandala below that Billups will not play more than 30 mpg in the next series.

I'll respond with a mandala:

Lakers Celtics Cavaliers

Magic

Rockets

Nuggets

Heat

*Mavericks

Hawks

**Blazers

**Sixers

**Bulls

And I'll let you enjoy these few facts on the NHLs upcoming conference semifinal series:

Boston leads Carolina by 8 points in previous games this season, Boston 4:0 Carolina.

Washington leads Pittsburgh by 5 points in previous games, Washington 4:3 Pittsburgh.

Detroit leads Anaheim by 5 points in previous games also, Detroit 4:3 Anaheim.

Vancouver is tied with Chicago in points, but have scored 4 more goals than Chicago.

WSH 4 DET 4

BOS 2 CHI 3

WSH 4

DET 2

IIHF Predictions:

Quarterfinals

CANADA beats SWITZERLAND

CZECH REP beats SWEDEN

RUSSIA beats SLOVAKIA

USA beats FINLAND

Semifinals

CANADA beats CZECH REPUBLIC

RUSSIA beats USA

Finals

RUSSIA beats CANADA

This whole situation gives emergence to KHL's non-playoff format for determining next year's KHL Champion. Victoria Cup becomes obsolete because neither the NHL nor Europe send their best (The Zurich Lions were swept in the first round of the playoffs this past season).

Basketball: I forgot.

Well, this is the best basketball league in the world. See mandala for interests other than teams ranked lower than the Orlando Magic (the Magic are last team on the list most identifiable to the vast majority of Australians). The NCAA Tournament gets worse as the playoffs continue, am I right? Hopefully, we won't have to sit through a meaningless game 6 or 7 in the conference semifinals before we see the Lakers play the Cavs, Magic, or Celtics.

NBA Teams Ranked by the sum of products of GP on and since December 9, 1987 in each season on December 9 per NBA season and the winning percentage of GP on December 9 of each season since December 9, 1987:

---=still alive in playoffs

1. Phoenix Suns (the best team in the NBA, NHL, and NFL on December Ninths since 12/9/87)

2. Seattle Sonics*

3. Charlotte Hornets*

4. Indiana Pacers

---5. Chicago Bulls

---6. Boston Celtics

---7. Los Angeles Lakers

---8. Cleveland Cavaliers

---t9. Miami Heat

t9. Detroit Pistons

---11. Dallas Mavericks

12. Washington Wizards

13. Toronto Raptors

14. San Antonio Spurs

15. New York Knicks

---t16. Orlando Magic

---t16. Houston Rockets

---t18. Philadelphia 76ers

---t18. Portland TrailBlazers

---20. Denver Nuggets

21. Utah Jazz

22. Los Angeles Clippers

---23. Atlanta Hawks

24. Golden State Warriors

25. Milwaukee Bucks

26. Sacramento Kings

27. New Jersey Nets

28. New Orleans Hornets

29. Charlotte Bobcats

30. Minnesota Timberwolves

31. Vancouver Grizzlies*

32. Memphis Grizzlies

33. Oklahoma City Thunder

Go Bulls

A whole bunch of lunatic crap that makes willmorris talking about Notre Dame and oddball talking about college football seem lucid.

pancakebunny.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

you're calling me a bunny with a pancake on my head? how does this relate to basketball?

Which is what the people following this thread probably said to themselves about your previous post in this thread.

Archived