2009 NBA Playoffs

TFoA

Maybe, just maybe, the Cavs will come out rusty and the Hawks steal Game 1, then get killed Game 2. The crowd is super psyched that the series is 1-1 and that help the Hawks win Games 3 & 4.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love for the Hawks to give them hell but TFoA is right. This team is not even as good as they will be later. Playing teams like the Heat and the Cavs will do nothing but help them.

I would love for the Hawks to give them hell but TFoA is right. This team is not even as good as they will be later. Playing teams like the Heat and the Cavs will do nothing but help them.

Oh I know. The previous scenario is almost impossible.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Maybe, just maybe, the Cavs will come out rusty and the Hawks steal Game 1, then get killed Game 2. The crowd is super psyched that the series is 1-1 and that help the Hawks win Games 3 & 4.

That is absolute best case scenario for us. If we can get back to Cleveland up 3-1 that is an absolute DREAM scenario.

However, the Hawks have to play a perfect game and the other team has to play an absolutely :censored: game for us to win on the road. The Cavs have lost 1 game (I'm not counting that Philly game at the end of the year) in the Q all year. Joe Johnson will have to pull what he did today x2 for that to happen. :(

Yeah, especially considering that the Lakers swept the Rockets in the regular season. But yeah, that series looks like it's gonna be tougher than most of the media figures. The Lakers are good, but they are no juggernaut. The Rockets had better take advantage of this, they've got homecourt now.

And the Celtics also failed to hold serve at home, losing to the Magic. 2 home teams losing in the playoffs on the same day, who woulda figured?

Hopefully Cleveland will be distracted and the Hawks can steal a game tomorrow....

I think with the Celtics & Lakers losing at home will be a wake up call for the Cavaliers.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Yeah, especially considering that the Lakers swept the Rockets in the regular season. But yeah, that series looks like it's gonna be tougher than most of the media figures. The Lakers are good, but they are no juggernaut. The Rockets had better take advantage of this, they've got homecourt now.

And the Celtics also failed to hold serve at home, losing to the Magic. 2 home teams losing in the playoffs on the same day, who woulda figured?

Considering Yao Ming coming back after getting hit on the knee and Shane Battier's bloodied face... it's looks to be a grinder. :blink:

I saw, I came, I left.

I gotta tell ya, I will not be mad at the Hawks for losing this series, even getting swept. The Hawks were shooting lights out at one point in the game so far, I think 69% at one point, and were LOSING by 4. We are so screwed.

So, last night turned into UFC at the Staples Center...

Derek Fisher attempts to elbow Luis Scola's head off.

Kobe elbows Artest in the throat; Artest gets foul called on him and is tossed instead.

So, it'd be easier to guess who's NOT going to be suspended.

That Derek Fisher hit was a clean shoulder check... oops, wrong sport... Fisher got the worst of it as he was bleeding from the side of his head as a result.

I saw, I came, I left.

taylor.jpg

Source: Woman arrested at Dirk Nowitzki's home is his girlfriend

02:47 PM CDT on Thursday, May 7, 2009

From Staff Reports

A woman arrested at the home of Dallas Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki is his girlfriend, according to a Mavericks source.

Crystal Taylor, 37, was arrested Wednesday morning at the home in the 10700 block of Strait Lane, near Royal Lane and Inwood Road, on warrants accusing her of a probation violation and a theft charge, Dallas police said.

Nowitzki addressed the arrest at Thursday's practice.

"It's pretty obvious that I'm going through a tough time in my personal life right now," Dirk said. "Like I always have, I want to kind of keep my private life private. I really am not at the stage where I can talk about it yet and feel comfortable talking about it. I'm more than happy to answer basketball questions, but I think at this point, I just can't talk about it."

For the next seven minutes, Dirk answered questions about the series against Denver. He downplayed concerns about whether the drama in his personal life would be a distraction.

"I'm a warrior," Dirk said. "I'll be ready to play."

Dirk's session with the media horde ended abruptly when WFAA-TV reporter Brett Shipp attempted to ask about claims by Taylor that she is engaged to Nowitzki and pregnant with his child.

"I'm not commenting on that," Dirk said repeatedly.

Earlier, KTVT-TV quoted anonymous sources as saying that Nowitzki had hired a private investigator to check into the woman's background ? and that the investigator learned she was using an alias. KTVT and WFAA also reported that the woman in question was pregnant and that she and Nowitzki were engaged.

WFAA reported that its source said Taylor has been living with Nowitzki for about a year and that most in their circle of friends are aware of their engagement.

The theft of service charge against Taylor is from Jefferson County, Texas. It alleges that she received dental services worth between $1,500 and $20,000, "intending to avoid payment for the service." The probation violation charge is from Missouri, where Taylor was serving a probation sentence for two counts of forgery and one count of felony stealing, authorities said.

The Jefferson County indictment, dated Sept. 7, 2006, identifies her as Crystal Ann Taylor and lists eight aliases: Christian Julie Wellington, Christian B. Travino, Crystal Nobles, Christy Nobles, Kristi Briana Westerhauf, Cristal Taylor, Cristal Taylor Westerhaus, and Christa A. Westerhays.

Dallas Morning News

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

"I'm a warrior," Dirk said. "I'll be ready to play."

I thought he was a Maverick :P

I'm more surprised by THAT being his g/f. :shocked:

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Archived