2009 NBA Playoffs

TFoA

Report: Mavs' Cuban confronted K-Mart's mom

ESPN.com news services

The NBA is reviewing a postgame confrontation between Mark Cuban and the mother of Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin during which the Dallas Mavericks owner referred to Martin as a "thug" or a "punk," according to a report in The Denver Post.

Not to mention the camara man he shoved as he and puffed around the court after Game 3.

Mark Cuban is a bitch, plain and simple.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's really only two questions: How much will Mark Cuban be fined and how will he pay the fine?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Just some quick thoughts...

1. Am I the only one sick of that stupid smug face Big Baby and KG make? And Doc celebrating on the court the way he did? I mean... come on now. I understand being emotional and caught up in the moment, but look at all the big-time moments in playoffs past. These guys aren't big enough rivals (or rivals at all, really) to warrant that crap (unlike, say, Reggie doing the choke to Spike, or something similar). Also, BBD really pissed me off as a fan by shoving that kid out of the way. The very least he could've done was go back and see if he's okay like so many other players do when they dive into the stands and whatnot.

2. The Mavericks' loss in Game 3, to me, is a result of a little bit of everything... for starters, Denver kept the pressure on. Then, the referees clearly blew the call (and even on replay, they still got it wrong by keeping it as a successful three-point goal). On top of it all, Antoine Wright REALLY needed to make the foul abundantly clear. Granted, his foul was clear to just about everyone else but the ref, in the playoffs, when you're down to the wire, you can't just assume the referees know what they're doing. He needed to commit a HARD (or hard enough) foul on Melo... not hack his head off to get a flagrant, but something like hugging the guy, grabbing him, hammer down on his arms, push him out of bounds. Something that has to draw an immediate whistle. Simply bumping him a little or a late-reach in attempt is simply not the kind of foul in that situation. While I still think, in the end, the refs blew the call and they're ultimately the ones with the most blame, Wright deserves some as well for just not having the kind of experience to recognize what kind of foul is going to get the job done.

3. Aaron Brooks' suit rules. Bow-tie included. As does Ron Artest's channeling of mid-90s Anthony Mason in his personalized hair-graffiti.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Just some quick thoughts...

1. Am I the only one sick of that stupid smug face Big Baby and KG make? And Doc celebrating on the court the way he did? I mean... come on now. I understand being emotional and caught up in the moment, but look at all the big-time moments in playoffs past. These guys aren't big enough rivals (or rivals at all, really) to warrant that crap (unlike, say, Reggie doing the choke to Spike, or something similar). Also, BBD really pissed me off as a fan by shoving that kid out of the way. The very least he could've done was go back and see if he's okay like so many other players do when they dive into the stands and whatnot.

I don't think they made the same face, seeing as one of them hit the actual shot, and you can have a problem with a face KG makes if you want, but I don't think you should really have that big a problem with the way Doc celebrates after a season-saving J with 1 second left. He just ran on the court and screamed and pumped his fist a few times like someone as intensely happy as him would. I don't think that's a big deal. Same with that kid. He was standing further out than anyone else on that row, and BBD fell away on the shot, naturally into the sideline behind him, and made a beeline toward the bench when it went in. You can see on the video that the kid was the only one in his way. It's not like he knocked him over or anything, the kid can't really fault Davis for doing what he did, he didn't get hurt or anything and the only reason it happened was because he was standing too far out. Maybe he could have seen how the kid was doing, but you can't really compare that to saving a loose ball diving in the stands because first, hitting the kid I'm sure was the last thing on his mind, it's completely different circumstances and nobody could have possibly been hurt from the BBD encounter. And after seeing the dad call him a "raging animal with no regard with personal safety" and basically lying about it (the kid did NOT have to dive away to avoid it, nor did he make any attempt to), I feel even less sorry for him.

KG's in the wrong for talking even MORE :censored: from the bench...but Big Baby isn't. That nudge was NOT that serious, the dad is overreacting. Plus, I'm not really surprised at the Celtics celebrating like crazy. Hell, they were the first team in NBA history to do a damn gatorade bath, it's no longer perturbing when you expect it. lol.

Wow... Great Cavaliers-Hawks game tonight. The ATL played their ass' off and didn't quit. They just couldn't get over the hump. The better team won and that's OK. The Hawks have a nice future ahead of them. They have some player decisions to make. Last year they took a step by making the play-Offs and maxing out Boston. This year, they got the 4 seed and won a Play-Off series. They are heading the right direction.

The Cavaliers are now 8-0 in the Play-offs. Tonight was not pretty but, it's tough to K-O a team on their own court. They found a way with tough D and clutch shooting. It'll be nice to watch the Celtics and Magic beat each other up for probably 3 more games.

I have a strong feeling the Cavaliers will be 12-4 when this set of playoffs is done.

Let me guess, that 12-4 means that they're going to sweep whoever meets them in the next round, and then get swept by the Western Conference Champions? I really hope I'm wrong.

That said, at least the Hawks actually showed up tonight. They played their asses off, but it just wasn't enough. Cleveland's too good, and they're on a mission. Cleveland had better win the championship so that the Hawks can continue their playoff tradition of losing to a team that ends up making it to the finals or winning it all. :P

But yeah, it was a great season. Better to be talking playoffs at this time, rather than trying to figure out who the Hawks are going to be drafting with their lottery pick...in the middle of January. :P

Yea great game to the Hawks. I've been really impressed that Flip Murray has stepped up as much as he has. I was a big fan of his when he was with the cavs a couple seasons ago.

And how many dunks can one man miss? (that speaks for all of the playoffs, not just this series.)

But I'm not gonna go talkin smack, that's not how I roll.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I have a strong feeling the Cavaliers will be 12-4 when this set of playoffs is done.

If the Cavaliers make it to the Finals there's no way they'll get swept.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

By the way my Cleveland vs Denver Finals pick is looking good so far.

I hope that's what happens. The NBA will probably lose ratings by losing out on a team like the Lakers in the Finals, but it'll be better basketball. Denver is playing out of their minds right now, they're the best team in the west at the moment.

The Hawks had a great season. Even though they got swept, I'm still proud of them. If they can get a good, tall center, they'll be contenders for sure.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Here we go again...:P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived