Back In The Game?

Linus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Breaking news:

TSN.ca

So he'll have his Hamilton Blackberries in....2012? It'll probably be that long for the variety of Supreme Court cases to be decided.

EDIT-said with the assumption that the NFL might not get their way in the American Needle case. If the NFL does get its way, Balsillie will never get his Blackberries.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You mean a bankruptcy court wasn't receptive to "I'll buy the team but I don't have the money yet and I'll need taxpayers to give me some"? The hell you say!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm thinkin we pool our money and buy the team. We can be a North American team and move from arena to arena. Any CCSLCers in the area can be in charge when it's in their city.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Didn't we try this already with some struggling second-tier basketball team?

To call the ABA a second-tier (or fourth-tier, for that matter) basketball league is an insult to other teams at that tier.

-------------------------------------------------

Balsillie thinks he could still drop the puck in Hamilton in October.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You mean a bankruptcy court wasn't receptive to "I'll buy the team but I don't have the money yet and I'll need taxpayers to give me some"? The hell you say!

Apparently the judge wasn't too impressed with the whole "accepting $70M less for the team's creditors out of spite" thing.

Oh, this could be fun. Balsillie's Mad Dash.

Jim Balsillie won't die. Well, he will die, because all of us are mortal, with the possible exception of Mick Jagger. But . . .

Canadian media is quaintly quirky. As if the New York Times would write like that.

The National Hockey League, of course, does not approve of owners who engage in these kinds of knife fights, having a well-established preference for owners who will one day be convicted of securities fraud.

lulz

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Judge Redfield T. Baum

Awesome name.

That is all.

I keep imagining Foghorn Leghorn in a judge's robe.

And I keep seeing Fred Gwynne in "My Cousin Vinny". I think we're on the same page here.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As if the New York Times would write like that.

Oh, sure they would.

Would you hf Maureen Dowd?

I don't think I could

for more than 20 minutes, but the hair? The pout? The twinkle in her eye?

Whatever you need, Maureen.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Correct me if I'm wrong....

If Balsillie wins the bidding war, doesn't the NHL still vote to approve the change of ownership of the Coyotes?

Part of the additional hearings is for the judge to state the implications of a relocation on both the Leafs. While more creditors will be paid through the Bastille bid, the judge will also weigh who will relocate and who will keep the team in glendale.

Archived