Cowboys Stadium logo

rainmaker17

Shouldn't it read "COWBOYS' STADIUM"?

As for the logo, not bad at all. The top left looks pretty odd, but besides that I think it's well done for a stadium logo.

I would like to see it on different backgrounds before making a final judgment though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Shouldn't it read "COWBOYS' STADIUM"?

As for the logo, not bad at all. The top left looks pretty odd, but besides that I think it's well done for a stadium logo.

I would like to see it on different backgrounds before making a final judgment though.

No. Why, because the stadium is named after the team, not because the team is in posetion of the stadium. And they definitely won't own the stadium with Romo at QB and Phillips as head coach. I figure we could then call it Eagles', Redskins', or Giants' Stadium because they will own the team and the stadium that the Cowboys will play in. *grin*

It's COWBOYS stadium because of the economy!

Nobody was willing to shell out all the millions to take top billing at this new stadium.

Imagine all the heat Corporation X would receive were they to buy the naming rights.

Sponsorship is the lowest hanging fruit of the marketing budget.

Good logo.

Does it take you longer to click the "reply" button than it does to type out any of your actual posts?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hopefully, it will have "Thomas W. Landry Memorial Coliseum" for next year. At the least, it ought to be "Taxpayer's Stadium in Arlington."

That, or Dallas Cowboys of Arlington Stadium. :P (sounded funnier in my head).

I was in Dallas-Fort Worth this past week on a business trip, and took a ride past the new stadium, since I'm a fan of ballpark and stadium architecture.

First off, the thing is freaking huge. I was heading west on I-30 out of Dallas on my ride that evening, and you can see this thing on the horizon from at least seven miles down the road.

Stopped as up close as I could get to the place (incidentally, this was a Wal-Mart parking lot right across the street from the side of the stadium), and spend most of the time thinking, "This is one huge building!" Not that I saw the inside, but those top deck seats have got to be miles from the field surface; it's no wonder they put in the TVs.

The arches that support the roof are: #1 - a stunning design feature, definitely the signature of the stadium, yet #2 - do not appear to be so huge in scale, just because this is one big building.

BTW, the two names I heard natives to the area call the new place is "The House That Jerry Built" or just "Jerry's House".

Lastly, on the way back to my hotel, I drove by Texas Stadium in Irving, which looked downright minor league both in size and stature after seeing the new place.

BTW, the two names I heard natives to the area call the new place is "The House That Jerry Built" or just "Jerry's House".

Lastly, on the way back to my hotel, I drove by Texas Stadium in Irving, which looked downright minor league both in size and stature after seeing the new place.

Actually, the popular name for it here is "Jerry World".

rangersCBSig.gif

From the ribbon-cutting 5/27/09:

dcs.jpg

dcs2.jpg

No, I wasn't there.

The new stadium looks alot like a mash-up of several of the newer stadiums. Including University of Phoenix, and Relliant stadiums. I wondered if the Cowboys waited to see the newer stadiums finished and used the best elements and then incorporated them into the design. (Though that giant video board is real huge!)

Edited for spelling

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Archived