2009 World Series Logo

Nesi427

Don't know if this was posted (searched didn't return anything) Thoughts??

img_0006.jpg

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to top the 08 one, but this isn't too bad. Would be better if the "MLB" font matched with the "World Series" font, IMO. Also, is it just me, or does the "MLB" looked slapped on as if it wasn't part of the original render for some reason... (rounded Photoshop stroke vs sharp Illustrator stroke)

Wade-sig.png

img_0006.jpg

That's actually the alternate 2009 WS mark, with (as was pointed out by officeglenn) "MLB" slapped on the top of it.

The "real" primary doesn't have any globe elements in it.

When/if I feel it's safe, I'll post color-adjusted versions of them.

Wow. Just decided to glance at the WS logos on Chris' page, and was reminded how horrible the '98 - '07 logos were. Simply disgusting. Last year's was very nice, and this one could be OK too, though for some odd reason, I prefer championship-logo typefaces to have serifs (if not be scripts like the pre '98 logos or the NBA Finals logo.)

There's just something more formal and "championshipy" about a serif.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

img_0006.jpg

That's actually the alternate 2009 WS mark, with (as was pointed out by officeglenn) "MLB" slapped on the top of it.

The "real" primary doesn't have any globe elements in it.

When/if I feel it's safe, I'll post color-adjusted versions of them.

The real primary was probably the one with "Fall Classic" that was on a MLB 2k9 screenshot not too long ago, I bet.

1234523975-media.jpeg

Why the :censored: are the White Sox in the World Series? Or the Rockies? And why are the Dbacks in the playoffs? Or the Marlins?

It's been discussed before that this playoff scenario is impossible. There is no way the Marlins, being the only team from the NL East, would be the 4 seed.

That being said the new Series logo looks interesting and better than in previous years. They seem to be trying to revert back to a classic look

Archived