09/10 NHL Off-Season Thread

Neon_Matrix

So far today's winners to me are:

Washington: Knuble

Chicago: Hossa, Kopecky and having Khabibulin signing elsewhere

Isles: Roloson

Calgary: Bouwmeester

Tampa Bay: Ohlund to play with Hedman

Should anybody else be added to the winners list?

I would go ahead and add the Oilers to this list since 1) they went out and snagged a franchise goaltender, and 2) they are attempting to rid themselves of the human mistake that is Dustin Penner.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Maple Leaf and Brian Burke fan I am going to go ahead and trust Burke until he proves he doesn't know what he is doing. He built a good team in Vancouver and a Championship team in Anaheim. Give Burke time, its a process.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Flames did what they had to do, re-sign Pardy and attempting to re up Dustin Boyd.

And I'll be looking forward to seeing The Bulin Wall 6 Times a year haha.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I hate Komisarek though. He's dirty and he's overrated. What has he done to earn 4.5 mill per season for 5 years? NOTHING.

Komisarek is a gritty player who plays with a lot of passion, which sometimes ends up being dirty. I think he'll be a good fit for the grittier Brian Burke style Maple Leafs. With the loss of Kubina we need a big man on the point who can take shots, cause we all know Kaberle won't shoot!

So Cammalleri to Montreal. How does Calgary fill that void?

-Dan

Move Rene Bourque to the top line with Jokinen and Iginla, and go out and sign a cheap young winger I was looking at Joel Ward until he resigned, I'm still keen on Chad LaRose.

We need some guys who can score up front. I love Van Ryn and White but I can see one of them being dealt for a forward.

We need scoring!

What decent forwards are left out there? Gaborik (risky), Brian Gionta, Antropov? (not very productive in his first stint in TO) Havlat? (risky again).

So far today's winners to me are:

Washington: Knuble

Chicago: Hossa, Kopecky and having Khabibulin signing elsewhere

Isles: Roloson

Calgary: Bouwmeester

Tampa Bay: Ohlund to play with Hedman

Should anybody else be added to the winners list?

I would go ahead and add the Oilers to this list since 1) they went out and snagged a franchise goaltender, and 2) they are attempting to rid themselves of the human mistake that is Dustin Penner.

Vancouver's a winner for keeping the Sedins. Replacing them would have been very tough. On the other hand, they lost Ohlund and haven't actually added anyone to last year's roster.

Brashear signs with the Rangers according to sportsnet.ca

I hate him. He's a scumbag. He has zero redeeming qualities on the ice, and literally the only thing he knows how to do is fight and get called for penalties.

Also, what a slap in the face to Blair Betts. Here Brashear destroys his face and ends his season, and the Rangers reward him with more money per year than the Leafs gave Colton Orr who I hope beats the crap out of him the first time the Rangers and Leafs tangle.

End rant.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Dale Tallon is a cap genius...but 12 years for a 30 year old? Sure hes a elite player but he will be 42 if he plays out the contract

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Dale Tallon is a cap genius...but 12 years for a 30 year old? Sure hes a elite player but he will be 42 if he plays out the contract

They'll be cap heavy for quite a while now, hopefully Huet can earn his money this season.

We need some guys who can score up front. I love Van Ryn and White but I can see one of them being dealt for a forward.

We need scoring!

Dont worry that will come soon. Remember this is a re-building process mode it doesn't happen in one day let alone a year.

Soon you will see guys getting dealt ( imo soon to be Kaberle ) and maybe some small minor signings.

4kv29i.jpg

Noooo, we cant trade Kabrle now. With Kubina gone, we need one guy who can move the puck and anchor the PP.

Delayed Penalty, there is no one left that fits the Leafs needs. I wanted Cammalleri and I know he's not worth 6 million but I want to know what the Leafs offered him.

Getting Exelby is a waste imo. We already have Kabrle, Van Ryn, White, Finger, Schenn, Frogren and now Komisarek. Thats 8 defencemen that can play. Burke should have tried to get Colby Armstrong or another young forward off of Atlanta instead of Exelby.

Im hoping we are able to trade Finger or White. I love White but I dont see him sticking around when his contract is up and maybe we can get a deal going where we trade White and get a forward in return.

beLEAF

Toronto may get Chris Neal after all...they're making a push to be the bad boys of the league!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283465

Colton Orr, Ryan Hollweg, AND Chris Neal?

Im pretty sure Hollweg is an RFA and they didnt tender him a qualifying offer.

I wanted them to sign Neil. But now that we have Orr and Exelby, we have enough guys who can fight. If we didnt sign Orr I would have jumped on the chance to get Neil but now I dont know. How many boneheaded tough guys do we need? We went from a bunch of softies to one of the toughest teams in the league lol...pretty soon we'll have guys like Neil on the first line.

beLEAF

Archived