09/10 NHL Off-Season Thread

Neon_Matrix

Wow where are the "big changes" for the Sharks?

The Sharks have little to no money between themselves and the cap.

Your 08-09 Sharks will be the 09-10 Sharks... enjoy! :D

And I agree with oddball to a point. I'm kind of happy to see the Ducks didn't do much on Day 1. They have to be smart with their money, and we have few needs really. The Ducks can't afford to overpay on a contract or throw some silly 12-year bananas out there.

A 2nd line center would be extremely nice to center Lupul/Ryan and Selanne. I wanted Cammeleri, but he's off the books now. I'm still holding out for the possibility of Saku Koivu, because apparently him and The Finnish Flash are buddies and have talked about it.

I'd also like to keep Beauchemin really badly. I hope the longer he goes the farther his salary goes down. If he were to come back to Anaheim, it'll have to be below his supposed $4+ million asking price. I could easily see him getting $4-5 million elsewhere though. I've heard Montreal has a real hard-on for him, and he'd like to play for his childhood team.

I will be the first one to say that I think what the Ducks have done is absolutely brilliant. They trade Pronger and pick up Lupol and made out like bandits, and resigned the people they had to resign. Whether they sign Beauchemin or not, they are still one of the top teams. Also remember they have two very quality goaltenders. I'm not totally sure what the Ducks have in young defensemen, but remember this is the same squad that pushed the Red Wings to 7 games.

As far as the Scuderi signing, it looks to me like bringing in some championship leadership along with the possibility of a precursor to a trade of draft picks and a young defenseman for a sniper which they could use.

Sodboy, for a team that drafted two slots behind the Kings and your big moves were a big defenseman and a 3rd line winger. Have fun watching your team draft in the top 10 next year and forever. Brian Burke is horrible at the draft, so you can continue to sign your 3rd line big tough wingers while the Kings continue to develop their young team. Oh yeah, and in 3 or so years have fun watching your new GM transition from the Burke era and you'll still be drafting top 10 and looking for an identity.

I appreciate the compliments of the Ducks, especially from a Kings fan... As for young defenseman, the Ducks are bursting at the seams with young defensive talent. Festlerling, Mikkelson, Salcido, Mark Mitera from Michigan is getting a shot this year, Jake Gardiner is still in Wisconsin for now, and a few more that not many have heard of. The Ducks are set for a while on defense, especially now with Whitney, Wisniewski, and Sbisa around for a few seasons more.

I like the Scuderi signing for the Kings as well, but I still think the Kings need more scoring depth. I also still think their biggest issue ever since Kelly Hrudy left was a solid goaltender. Give the Kings a good goalie and they could easily make the playoffs this season. I keep hearing about how good Bernier and Quick are supposed to be but have yet to see it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
does anyone know when the 09/10 schedule comes out.

thanks

Last year it came out on July 14th so I'd assume within the next two weeks, the TV Schedule usually a month later.

July 15. Also when the WC will be made official.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

does anyone know when the 09/10 schedule comes out.

thanks

Last year it came out on July 14th so I'd assume within the next two weeks, the TV Schedule usually a month later.

Where the Rangers get all of the NBC games..........

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Remember when, amidst storms looming on the baseball horizon, Mark Messier and Brian Leetch captured the heart of a city and the mind of a nation? These guys wear the same sweaters as they did!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Remember when, amidst storms looming on the baseball horizon, Mark Messier and Brian Leetch captured the heart of a city and the mind of a nation? These guys wear the same sweaters as they did!

But now, they're 9% faster!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm alright with what the pens have done. Nothing huge, but they kept Fedotenko and Guerin, and Rupp was an ok acquisition. I don't know about Guenin. They didn't keep Scuderi, and while it would've been better if they had, I don't think that will be that much of a problem. I'm not sure how much the pens have left, but hopefully they can sign one of the bigger offensive names that are left. Kovalev would be awesome to have back to play with Malkin, but he might be too much.

oBIgzrL.png

Canucks ink Mikael Samuellsson to a 3-year deal. No terms disclosed.

3 years 7.5 million.

Another Wing wises up and leaves.

-Dan

I think it was more of the Wings who 'wised up'. Now there's room for Leino in Detroit.

3 years 7.5 million.

-Dan

I think it was more of the Wings who 'wised up'. Now there's room for Leino in Detroit.

Leino, Abdelkader, Helm, they'll all get their shot in Detroit in 2009-10. Samuellsson leaving is not the end of the world or a backbreaker by any means. <_<

Conklin leaving for St. Louis is the one I'm worried about. We'll have to see if Jimmy Howard is ready for the big leagues.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Rick Nash will be in for the long haul in Columbus.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283635

Oh boy....Nash's contract means Kovalchuk's likely going to be asking around $8-9 million per year.

The good news is that Kovalchuk really likes it here, negociations seem to be moving along, and the additions of Kubina and Antropov are great steps to showing Kovalchuk that the team's ready to compete for a playoff spot. I'm about 85% sure the team will be able to re-sign Kovy.

The bad news is that the Thrashers don't have a good track record of re-signing their star players or consistently winning, and don't have the most money in the world to toss at Kovalchuk. Waddell can find a way to screw up contract negociations....

3 years 7.5 million.

-Dan

Its both really, Samulesson pretty much said in his interview today that he came to Vancouver as he has more of a shot at top six playing time in Vancouver than in Detroit. I like the addition for Vancouver, adding a guy with a cup ring and some scoring talent is a great move. Gives the Canucks an option in case Burrow's magic with the Sedins was a one year wonder.

Archived