09/10 NHL Off-Season Thread

Neon_Matrix

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Colorado now has 7 quality defencemen.

Liles, Quincey, Preissing, Foote, Clarke, Hannan, Salei

Eh, what exactly is your definition of "quality"?

Breathing? Here's the problem with Colorado, with the exception of Foote and I guess Hannan (isn't he more of a rugged blueliner?) they're all the same player.

:censored:ING RIGHT!

Awesome pick up. I love this move for the Leafs. Komisarek, Beauchemin, Schenn, White, Van Ryn, Kabrle, Exelby...Im liking where this is going.

Also, Kovalev to the Sens:

http://www.tsn.ca/

That must have been Brian Murray's special announcement

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

:huh:

I have no idea what to think about that signing.

Depends which Kovalev shows up to play. If it's the "I don't want to play hockey", won't pass, dipsy-doodle all day Kovalev, then it's a terrible pickup...actually, that's pretty much the only Kovalev you'll see!

With the Beauchemin signing, I think this means Kabrle's days in Toronto are numbered.

The next question becomes, when the hell do we get some offense to score some goals?! And who gets the C this year if Kaberle gets booted? (My fiance suggested Schenn :P I said Blakey)

I would be embarassed to have Kabrle as my captain lol.

The Leafs wont have a captain until Schenn hits 20 or 21, than he will be given the C. Thats my prediction and Burke said it at the draft, "why trade away a guy who will probably be our captain in 2 years."

I think we role with Beauchemin, Komisarek, Blake, Hagman as assistants.

beLEAF

:huh:

I have no idea what to think about that signing.

Depends which Kovalev shows up to play. If it's the "I don't want to play hockey", won't pass, dipsy-doodle all day Kovalev, then it's a terrible pickup...actually, that's pretty much the only Kovalev you'll see!

Lol, well I'm hoping it's the Kovalev that can provide some extra offense. That's all Ottawa can ask for right now.

Hi, how are you?

Goodbye Francois!

I'll always remember you as "Boom Boom" and "Frankie Knuckles"

It's also quite interesting that he signed for a little bit less than most had expected.

Maybe the Ducks could have made a harder push for him?

Oh well

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

There was a rumor circulating earlier that the Leafs were sending Kaberle to Vancouver for Schneider and Jannick Hansen, but I don't think anything was really coming out of that one.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Goodbye Francois!

I'll always remember you as "Boom Boom" and "Frankie Knuckles"

It's also quite interesting that he signed for a little bit less than most had expected.

Maybe the Ducks could have made a harder push for him?

Oh well

ahh, Francois Beauchemin. The biggest reason the Ducks absolutely fleeced Doug Maclean and the Blue Jackets way back in the Federov deal. He turned into quite the player.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I just happened to be looking at the Flyers roster and the thought crossed my mind, "Am I the only one who sees this huge glaring weakness that will get them ousted in the first round of the playoffs?" That weakness? In goal. Brian Boucher and Ray Emery? They didn't have a couple of cheap guys down in the minors? Are they completely devoid of goaltending in that franchise? Couldn't get ahold of Yutaka Fukafuji from Japan?

Archived