Lakers Black Uniform in the near future?

Jumpman085

Sounds like its just one man's opinion/idea. He also stated that there are rumors of the Celts' getting an alternate home uniform--don't see why they'd need one.

I highly disapprove of the Lakers' having a black alternate. Black isn't even in their logo. I for one love their whites. It's a refreshing alternative, especially when only worn 10 or so times a season.

Either way, I don't prefer when teams go out of their color scheme with jerseys.

[whine] But black is soooo trendy!!! [/whine]

Completely agree. Stick to your colors, don't try and bring in extraneous uniforms that have nothing to do with your team *coughOregonfootballcough*

I seriously doubt the Lakers would ever replace the purple/gold and white uniforms. (And by "replace," I mean introduce another color.) The purple/gold has become synonymous with the team and its many great players, and black just doesn't fit the identity, anyway.

Think of some other teams that have introduced black in the past: the Lions, the Mets, the White Sox, etc. None of those teams have ever really been associated with black uniforms.

I highly disapprove of the Lakers' having a black alternate. Black isn't even in their logo. I for one love their whites. It's a refreshing alternative, especially when only worn 10 or so times a season.

Well technically it is, but I agree. Black is a no-no for the Lakers.

Sounds like its just one man's opinion/idea. He also stated that there are rumors of the Celts' getting an alternate home uniform--don't see why they'd need one.

Actually, there is black in the Lakers primary logo.

Honestly, I think they look terrible, as much as I hate the Lakers, this isn't something they should ever consider doing.

Thankfully, I don't think it'll ever happen.

Actually, there is black in the Lakers primary logo.

Yes, there is:

LosAngelesLakers_PRM_2002-9.png

Has been for decades.

A black outline hardly counts, though. Almost every sports logo features black outlines.

I'll just list the NFL teams...

Buffalo Bills

Chicago Bears

Cleveland Browns (the helmet does feature a black outline, but it's not part of their colors)

Dallas Cowboys

Denver Broncos

Green Bay Packers

Houston Texans

Indianapolis Colts

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

New York Giants

New York Jets

San Diego Chargers

Seattle Seahawks

St Louis Rams

Tennessee Titans

That's 16 (half) of 32 teams who do not have black outlines around or in their logos.

I really hope the Lakers don't go with black uniforms, because everyone know that grey is the new black. In LA, they should be focused on being more trendy, and that means coming up with a grey colour and giving it an exotic name like pearlite or martensite.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

A black outline hardly counts, though. Almost every sports logo features black outlines.

A completely untrue statement.

And yes - the Lakers DO count Black as an official team color.

I'll just list the NFL teams...

New York Jets

The Jets haven't used a black outline since 1997.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived