NY Knicks Concept

HarperK

Figured Id throw together a lil idea I had for the Knicks. Stuck with the general look of the current set, but with obvious alterations. Also threw out the black, and replaced it with silver for the accent color. Also new fonts all around.

LOGO

KNICKSLOGO.png

HOME

KNICKSHOME.png

ROAD

KNICKSROAD.png

ALT

KNICKSALT.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Very nice. I don't think the entire primary is necessary on the shorts. I would stick to just the NYC part of that logo. I love the font. What is it?

I believe its called Interceptor.

And I wasted my 1,000th post to tell you that...thanks!

Very nice. I don't think the entire primary is necessary on the shorts. I would stick to just the NYC part of that logo. I love the font. What is it?

You are quite welcome. Now you can go to the Celebrate yourself thread and proudly display your 1,001st post :) haha

Oh, is that a free font? Like could I find it on 1001fonts or some site like that?

You are quite welcome. Now you can go to the Celebrate yourself thread and proudly display your 1,001st post :) haha

Oh, is that a free font? Like could I find it on 1001fonts or some site like that?

yup its free

1. At least the road should read NEW YORK, since it's kind of a traditional thing for them.

2. The glyphs on the road jerseys should not be outlined in blue and then orange - it's too distracting to the eye. Just go with the orange, or orange and then silver if you must have two colors.

3. Forget about #2, and make the letters / numbers orange. Their main colors are blue and orange, with the white just thrown in there for contrast (and the mandatory white jersey obviously.)

4. The lettering around the logo on the shorts is too small / hard to read. It's just not necessary.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the uniforms. The tweaks I would suggest have been covered by Vet. However with the logo, The silver stroke on the flame is rounded and the white shape behind it has points. I would make the silver have the points as well, for consistency. Otherwise, good work.

For the most part...very nice!! /borat

The one thing that's really bugging me is the little white accents on the flame above the Y, they seem kind of random and blotchy and take away from the overall cleanliness of the rest of the logo. I think the font outside it could be changed to a different color (gray is kind of hard to say). The uniforms are nice, and everything else is pretty solid, definitely an improvement.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

It's a nice concept. Clean, classy.

Not to be too critical, but I'm not digging the font. Maybe because it's because it's gotten a lot of play lately, but I just can't see this as a professional squad's outfit. Especially when the same font is used for the NOB.

Not digging the flame either, but like I said, this concept it has a nice, clean, classy look to it.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I like the flame idea, but it's not done well. Surrounding the "Y" and the the flame with the silver outline introduces a disconnect that ruins the logo. I think it is an easy fix, though. Get rid of the silver "outline" from the cup part of the "Y" and the lower part of the flame. Blue is a natural color for the inner part of the flame and it doesn't make any sense to separate it from the orange part.

The font is alright but not great. I'm not totally digging the "bookend" effect of having the "K" and the "S" larger than the rest of the mark. I think each letter should carry the same weight.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Archived