2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgia's gonna finish the season at 6-6. Hello Music City Bowl.

You made Crompton look good. What the hell?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Why is it that Al Groh teams only start playing in October?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Central Michigan 56

Eastern Michigan 8

Dan Lefevour had 3 passing and 3 rushing TDs. FIRE UP CHIPS! :D

I'm starting to think Dan Lefevour is going to be the best QB in this year's draft.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well, Michigan played yet another exciting game, but Forcier should have been in at the end. Sure, Denard just lead a TD drive, but Tate is proven in these situations. They turned it over 5 times, and lost by 2 to #12 Iowa. That is a tough one.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Why even play Robinson? I thought Forcier was the clear #1?

He was having a rough game, and I am guessing RR was trying to teach him a lesson. Unfortunately, that probably cost Michigan the game. I won't believe for a second that RR actually felt Denard gave them the better chance of winning the game in that situation.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Well, Michigan played yet another exciting game, but Forcier should have been in at the end. Sure, Denard just lead a TD drive, but Tate is proven in these situations. They turned it over 5 times, and lost by 2 to #12 Iowa. That is a tough one.

No offense but, Iowa isn't anywhere near as good as their ranking. The #12 team in the country doesn't barely win a home game in which their opponents cough up the ball 5 times.

BB52Big.jpg

No offense but, Iowa isn't anywhere near as good as their ranking. The #12 team in the country doesn't barely win a home game in which their opponents cough up the ball 5 times.

They are still a pretty good team, and Michigan was -4 in turnover margin on the road, yet they still had a very good chance to win the game at the end (well, if they had put Tate back in). Is Ohio State is good as their ranking? (that is an honest question, because I know you are a realistic fan). Iowa is one of the better teams in the conference, and Michigan hurt itself a ton in this game, and didn't lose by much. They have Penn State and Ohio State at home. Is there a better team that Michigan will play on the road this year?

MegatronSig2.jpg

They also barely beat everyone else they played. At this point I figure the Hawkeyes will inexplicably win every game this season by less than a touchdown.

Today, we are all otaku.

They are still a pretty good team, and Michigan was -4 in turnover margin on the road, yet they still had a very good chance to win the game at the end (well, if they had put Tate back in). Is Ohio State is good as their ranking? (that is an honest question, because I know you are a realistic fan). Iowa is one of the better teams in the conference, and Michigan hurt itself a ton in this game, and didn't lose by much. They have Penn State and Ohio State at home. Is there a better team that Michigan will play on the road this year?

Iowa is a good team, but let's be realistic, it's reverted back to Ohio State and the little 10. If you want my rankings it would be 1. Florida, 2. Texas, 3. Alabama, 4. Virginia Tech, 5. USC, 6. Ohio State, 7. Cincinnati, 8. LSU, 9. Boise State, and 10. TCU. Yes, I just leap frogged Ohio State over Cincinnati and Boise State unranked and even over LSU, but right now Ohio State to me is better than they as they keep putting opponents away. They are doing what a top team should do. The game against USC seemed to have given them the confidence they have been lacking the past few years and now they believe that they are a good team and they play that way. They don't walk onto the field thinking they can just show up, they just do their job. That's what I'm seeing. The first game against Navy, they just showed up, but since USC, they've seemed to have figured it out and to me they are the most dangerous team in the top 10. USC still has this feeling of sleep walking, and the rest of the top 5, I just don't have the same feel as I do with Ohio State. I know there's talk about Va Tech, but my gut says, they're going to slip. I figure Texas will lose to Oklahoma next week as it just has that feeling of a great Sam Bradford game and time for the Longhorns to fall. Right now I'm thinking the title game is between Ohio State and Florida. I'm not so confident on USC, but it wouldn't shock me. I know some people would ask about Florida facing Alabama in the championship game of the SEC, and that might be how USC sneaks in, but I don't have that feeling from Alabama that they can beat Florida.

I think its tome for Bobby Bowden to do the right thing and step down, the game has clearly passed him by, and Florida State is now the fourth best program in the Sunshine State, and they are going to have a losing season this year.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Nope. They sure aren't. The Buckeyes have a great defense and no offense. Their blowout win over Wisconsin is very misleading. Of their 31 points, 21 of them were scored by the defense and special teams. Wisconsin had the ball all day yesterday but they couldn't score any points. The Buckeyes defense has been pretty solid and it's winning games for them. Does that make them #9? Not in my book.

It's impossible to tell how good or bad Big Ten teams are because outside USC they really haven't played anyone. Add to that that USC is a bit of a question mark and there's no way to tell. Was Wisconsin not as good as their 5-0 record or is Ohio State just that much better than they are? Hard to say. Is Iowa really the best team in the conference or was Penn State way overrated? Iowa squeaks by something called Arkansas State (At home no less) and then barely beats a Michigan team that had 5 turnovers. (At home again)

From what I have seen the only team in the conference with anything resembling a consistent offense is Michigan. The entire conference is down this year and in the Big Ten that's saying something. But of that group, I think Ohio State is the best of the bunch. I like Oddball's optimism but without some offense, someone (Michigan) is going to hang a conference loss on Ohio State.

BB52Big.jpg

well florida won, AGAIN. the lsu defense played well, but their offense did absolutely nothing, which ultimately cost them the game. i dont see anyone stopping florida.

LSU has the defense to stop Florida, but not the offense. LSU still needs to find their offensive identity. Yeah, their QB is worlds better than their QB from last year, but they're still a middling offensive team right now. They'll have to improve if they have a chance to keep up with Alabama in the west.

Speaking of Alabama...they have the defense AND offense to stop Florida. Alabama is the best team in the nation, IMO. McElroy can throw the ball all over the place, and their defense can get a turnover almost at will. I'm honestly going to bet on Alabama beating Florida in the SEC Championship if that happens. As good as the defending champs are both on the field and coaching, you aren't going to beat Nick Saban with a loaded squad two years in a row in a big game. No way.

And speaking of the SEC again...Mississippi State has pissed me off to no end for the past three weeks. They were a goal line stand away from beating LSU. That looked promising, if they could fix the turnover problems. It's spread like a bad case of syphilis. The MSU-GT game would've been different had MSU decided not to turn the ball over at the most inopportune times, & the same thing happened against Houston. If they don't turn it over as much as they did, hell even 1 less turnover would've mean a win. They're much better offensively under Mullen, but I can't remember Croom's teams having this much trouble holding onto the ball or playing defense. It's crazy. I'm sure it'll get fixed, but right now, it's getting really frustrating to watch as a fan. Never thought I'd say it, but I don't have much faith in the Bulldogs beating Middle Tennessee State. Damn.

-Alabama leapfrogs Texas which is the right call.

- Boise State has ventured in to the Top 5 big game against Tulsa this week

- Houston is back in the Top 25 haha

- Idaho got one vote.

Week 7 AP Top 25

1 Florida (50) 5-0 1490 1

2 Alabama (10) 6-0 1430 3

3 Texas 5-0 1395 2

4 Virginia Tech 5-1 1283 5

5 Boise State 5-0 1199 6

6 USC 4-1 1161 7

7 Ohio State 5-1 1048 9

8 Cincinnati 5-0 1038 8

9 Miami (FL) 4-1 970 11

10 LSU 5-1 947 4

11 Iowa 6-0 919 12

12 TCU 5-0 917 10

13 Oregon 5-1 776 13

14 Penn State 5-1 597 14

15 Nebraska 4-1 576 21

16 Oklahoma State 4-1 559 15

17 Kansas 5-0 551 16

18 Brigham Young 5-1 490 18

19 Georgia Tech 5-1 453 22

20 Oklahoma 3-2 432 19

21 South Florida 5-0 330 23

22 South Carolina 5-1 319 25

23 Houston 4-1 192 NR

24 Utah 4-1 76 NR

25 Notre Dame 4-1 75 NR

Dropped from rankings: Auburn 17, Mississippi 20, Missouri 24

Others receiving votes: Pittsburgh 58, Auburn 55, West Virginia 46, Mississippi 28, Wisconsin 27, Missouri 25, Arkansas 16, Central Michigan 6, Arizona 5, Michigan 5, Oregon State 2, Stanford 1, Texas Tech 1, Navy 1, Idaho 1

Good for Idaho.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived