2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a damn shame about the UConn kid. Damn shame.

BCS out in less than an hour, right? Not that it matters at all (to the BCS), Bama has jumped Florida in the AP Top 25. 'Bout damn time.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

New AP Top 25

How OU stays in the 25 I'll never know

1 Alabama (39) 7-0 1447

2 Florida (20) 6-0 1434

3 Texas 6-0 1365

4 USC 5-1 1213

5 Cincinnati 6-0 1163

6 Boise State 6-0 1156

7 Iowa 7-0 1092

8 Miami (FL) 5-1 1056

9 LSU 5-1 1014

10 TCU 6-0 1001

11 Georgia Tech 6-1 861

12 Oregon 5-1 849

13 Penn State 6-1 753

14 Oklahoma State 5-1 690

15 Virginia Tech 5-2 684

16 Brigham Young 6-1 601

17 Houston 5-1 478

18 Ohio State 5-2 373

19 Utah 5-1 350

20 Pittsburgh 6-1 330

21 Texas Tech 5-2 286

22 West Virginia 5-1 205

23 South Carolina 5-2 159

24 Kansas 5-1 120

25 Oklahoma 3-3 117

Dropped from rankings: Nebraska 15, South Florida 21, Notre Dame 25

Others receiving votes: Notre Dame 61, Mississippi 59, South Florida 57, Nebraska 52, Michigan 41, Central Michigan 39, Arizona 25, California 9, Arkansas 8, Oregon State 5, Missouri 4, Navy 4, Wisconsin 4, Idaho 4, Auburn 3, Boston College 3

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

New AP Top 25

How OU stays in the 25 I'll never know

Agreed 100%

If you've played more than 2 games and your record isn't over .500, you don't belong in the poll. I don't care if your All-World Heisman trophy winning QB has been hurt all season. They don't deserve sympathy or a spot in the Top 25 just because Sam Bradford doesn't know how to properly brace himself for a fall.

You hear these mouthbreathing members of "the media" bashing coaches (and SIDs) for their poll, but it's not like they do that much better their damn selves.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

That's a damn shame about the UConn kid. Damn shame.

BCS out in less than an hour, right? Not that it matters at all (to the BCS), Bama has jumped Florida in the AP Top 25. 'Bout damn time.

Agreed. Alabama has been playing MUCH better football than Florida this year. And don't look now, but GT's number 11. That's my darkhorse to possibly win it all. Their offense has done nothing but befuddle anybody that they've played. Even when a team has its finger on it, like VT did in the first half yesterday, Paul Johnson & co. will make a halftime adjustment just to befuddle the hell out of you even more. Plus, their QB can actually throw a pretty good ball if needed. Aside from Houston, Florida, & Alabama, GT probably has the scariest offense in the Top 25.

lol @ Boise State getting jumped again. They win, but Cincinnati wins & leaps over them. Boise State's going to go undefeated & barely make a BCS game. Their title hopes are basically over because of their conference & UC-Davis. :P

Plus, I echo this sentiment: WTF is Oklahoma still doing in the top 25 when they're 3-3. Reminds me of when Florida State would be 5-5 & ranked #17 in the nation sometimes. :P

Name recognition. Boosters. Politics. $$$$.

Pick any or all of these, and one might see hwo Oklahoma is still in the top 25 and USC is still where they are (to say nothing of the Michigans and Ohio States and Notre Dames out there). Just goes to show how effed up the CFB "ranking" system is.

But hell, it's great for the CFB heads...because without all the controversy in place with the current system (and all the $$$ that comes with the current system as well), people wouldn't be flaming and fuming and spitting off at the mouth as much. Publicity baby...that's what controversy gets ya!

But yeah, it is about GOTDERN time Alabama jumped UF. Now let's see if they can hold onto it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Noteworthy games this week.

#1 Bama vs. Tennessee

#5 Cincinnati vs. Louisville

Michigan vs. #13 Penn State

#10 TCU vs. #16 BYU (Big Game towards an At Large bid in the BCS)

also ESPN has given out the top 5 of the first BCS Rankings (All I can say is WTF)

1. Florida

2. Alabama

3. Texas

4. Boise State

5. Cincinnati

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

also ESPN has given out the top 5 of the first BCS Rankings (All I can say is WTF)

1. Florida

2. Alabama

3. Texas

4. Boise State

5. Cincinnati

I'm kinda confused as well.

I guess it's because they are undefeated. I'd assume that Iowa is in 6th or 7th as well...

Damn formulas

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

#1 Bama vs. Tennessee

1. Florida

2. Alabama

3. Texas

4. Boise State

5. Cincinnati

All I can say is that's how it should be other than Alabama/Florida. Boise State shouldn't get penalized for knowing they have to play a schedule where they can only play one formidable opponent on it for fear of a loss knocking them out.

Also, Boise Beat Oregon, who is number 12.

USC beat Ohio State, #18 and lost to 3-4 Washington.

Cincinnati beat unranked South Florida.

Texas beat #25 Oklahoma.

Florida beat #9 LSU.

Alabama beat #15 Virginia Tech.

By this logic the rankings should be:

1. Florida

2. Boise State

3. Alabama

4, Southern Cal

5. Cincinnati

6. Texas

If Boise State will get punished for their schedule then why won't Texas? Is Okie State going to be their best opponent of the season? Oregon > Oklahoma State

Point that's trying to be made is that Boise State shouldn't get penalized when they have a win over a Top 12 team and can't schedule much better because they know if they schedule three top teams and they lose to one of them they won't sniff the Top 10. Also look for TCU to probably pass Boise.

6fQjS3M.png

South Florida was ranked this past week. As for Cincinnati, they should be in good shape with their record at this point. Louisville and Syracuse are their next two teams to face.

Now, i'll obviously be rooting for the Orange to pull off the upset on Halloween, but if the Bearcats remain undefeated after that (more than likely), I'd love to see them run the table for the Big East to get a ton of attention and whatnot

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

South Florida was ranked this past week. As for Cincinnati, they should be in good shape with their record at this point. Louisville and Syracuse are their next two teams to face.

Now, i'll obviously be rooting for the Orange to pull off the upset on Halloween, but if the Bearcats remain undefeated after that (more than likely), I'd love to see them run the table for the Big East to get a ton of attention and whatnot

Oh yeah I'm not arguing against Cincinnati, I'd love to see them run the table now that they're past USF but I was more arguing for Boise State. If there's a BCS team I want to see go all the way more than anyone else it's Cincy.

6fQjS3M.png

#1 Bama vs. Tennessee

1. Florida

2. Alabama

3. Texas

4. Boise State

5. Cincinnati

All I can say is that's how it should be other than Alabama/Florida. Boise State shouldn't get penalized for knowing they have to play a schedule where they can only play one formidable opponent on it for fear of a loss knocking them out.

Texas beat #25 Oklahoma.

Florida beat #9 LSU.

1. Florida

2. Boise State

3. Alabama

4, Southern Cal

5. Cincinnati

6. Texas

If Boise State will get punished for their schedule then why won't Texas? Is Okie State going to be their best opponent of the season? Oregon > Oklahoma State

Point that's trying to be made is that Boise State shouldn't get penalized when they have a win over a Top 12 team and can't schedule much better because they know if they schedule three top teams and they lose to one of them they won't sniff the Top 10. Also look for TCU to probably pass Boise.

Which is why they shouldn't be in the position they're in to begin with. In the rankings or the national media. The Cinderella story been ran its course with them.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

#1 Bama vs. Tennessee

1. Florida

2. Alabama

3. Texas

4. Boise State

5. Cincinnati

Texas beat #25 Oklahoma.

Florida beat #9 LSU.

1. Florida

2. Boise State

3. Alabama

4, Southern Cal

5. Cincinnati

6. Texas

Which is why they shouldn't be in the position they're in to begin with. In the rankings or the national media. The Cinderella story been ran its course with them.

But then why should USC get to do the same thing? I'm just trying to play Cinderella's advocate :P

Also, are we even allowed to call Boise Cinderella anymore? They're here every year it's not like it's a surprise. Now Idaho would be Cinderella :P

6fQjS3M.png

Archived