2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

What I can't comprehend with the Sellers call is that when he supposedly fumbled the ball, the referee blew the whistle before the ball was recovered. You can see Sellers not go after the ball when it came out because of the whistle. How is that different from what happened with San Diego and Denver a year ago when Cutler fumbled the ball?

Anyways, I'm happy the Saints won. It still makes a match-up of two unbeatens at the Super Bowl possible.

For the sake of the '72 Dolphins (and Tank) I hope not. Plus I just plain don't like the Colts.

If it makes Mercury Morris go away, I'm all for it....

He may be full of himself, but they DID do something no team's been able to do, so the trash talk doesn't bother that much.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. This Cowboys/Giants game finds new ways to bore me. The Cowboys (who I am reluctantly rooting for) finally get a decent drive going, and Romo gets his a$$ sacked, so now all they get is a field goal.

Oh well, at least the Saints win is official.

It gives me a weird sort of pleasure to see the Steelers lose. Nice to see because they're the defending champs who always give my Bolts a hard time, and weird, because I was actually happy to see the Raiders win.

Oh, and Fox just ran a promo for next week's Saints/Falcons game that TNA would be embarrassed to air.

Could the 'Skins be one good QB away from being a complete team?

I don't particularly have an attachment to the Saints, but I like Drew Brees, and they've been the perennial underdog up until now, so I'm pulling for them. Now if only someone would beat the Colts. That was so a safety by the way <_<

Who knows, can someone please give them one so that us fans can find out? :P

Today, they were a good safety and/or a good kicker away. Next week it'll be something else.

Just wait until the inevitable Farve lose in the playoffs. Then when he tearfully retires maybe the 'Skins can be the first to jump on him.

Oh, HELL no! :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

At least the experts won't blame all the loses on the QB :D

Think of it like this.

"Campbell played amazing. Had the offensive line not let him down like they did, they would have emerged victorious."

Every seventh day is a who-dey. Bengals win, Steelers lose, Patriots lose. All we need is for the Browns to beat the Chargers and the Ravens to lose to the Packers and the Bengals have an excellent shot at finishing as the two seed. If Baltimore loses then they can clinch the AFC north next week with a win at Minnesota. That would give them a three game lead with tiebreakers. So much for the Steelers winning out, eh Mike Tomlin?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Here is an interesting thought. Well mildly distracting at least. Marvin Lewis was on the Ravens coaching staff when they won the Superbowl wasn't he? Any chance something similar happens this year in Cincinnati? Except, I suppose with an offensive weighted team, rather than a defensive one? A perfect storm leading the Bengals all the way, from starting the season as underrated also rans, to winning the Superbowl? (Obviously the Colts and Saints are two great teams standing in the way!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Is there a less relevant division in major pro sports than the NFC West?

AL West, NHL Southeast

The NHL Southeast had two Stanley Cup Champs in the last 5 years and is home to the two time Hart Trophy recipient Alex Ovechkin.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sig bet, I'm in. We going straight up results of the two Saints-Falcons games, best records overall, what?

Since the basis of discussion deals with the regular season, let's do overall record.

Okay boys, more on today's game later, but just wanted you to know I hadn't forgotten about this. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'm fairly stoked about the Steelers loss?mostly just glad another good team got beat by the Raiders. Like they say, (short-lived) misery loves company. Also pleasantly surprised by the Pats stumble. I can't wait for the San Diego game, either, but Minnesota's kinda in the way of that. Might be a rough few games for the Bengals.

Sigs are for sissies.

So the Vikings' problems on offence tonight are the result of them "getting hit hard at one position." In no way is Brett Farve responsible.

Precisely. Glad you're starting to get it. :)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well it's questionable play calling and offensive lineman injuries I don't think that's Brett's fault.

And I'm just going to say this now E.J. Henderson is the most underrated linebacker in the game.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Kurt Warner's just having fun out there!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Sig bet, I'm in. We going straight up results of the two Saints-Falcons games, best records overall, what?

Since the basis of discussion deals with the regular season, let's do overall record.

Okay boys, more on today's game later, but just wanted you to know I hadn't forgotten about this. :D

Remind me on Week 17 to put it up....

Archived