Photo Realistic Football Template

Davidson

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, here's my attempt at the photo concept. Some things about it are annoying, the fact that this is the best picture I could find means it's limited to England's quite old school design, and any concept will have John Terry on it's team. But hey, who doesn't want John Terry on their team? :D

I did the design pretty quickly, things like the adidas stripes and shirt stripes need more time on them to get a really authentic look. Also, black as a main colour doesn't work as well as other colours, especially on the shorts and socks. If I can be arsed tonight I'll show a different colour combo. This is an old MLS concept of mine by the way.

nycphotokit.png

I'll post the file if anyone's interested, or if you can find a better photo to work from then give me a shout. And remember, props to Fraser not me, because I've copied his tutorial pretty much step-by-step.

Fraser, thanks for the template man. Your efforts really are appreciated. I'm gonna spend some serious time dissecting this to learn and understand how it was done and then hopefully put both the template and new knowledge to good use here and other places (don't worry only the knowledge will be used other places!).

Thanks again, awesome work.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Cool templates. Haven't had a lot of time tonight, but here is a quick test using the Birmingham Stallions logo. I think I've addressed the screened-on numbers problem. What do you think?

stallions.png

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Ok, here's my attempt at the photo concept. Some things about it are annoying, the fact that this is the best picture I could find means it's limited to England's quite old school design, and any concept will have John Terry on it's team. But hey, who doesn't want John Terry on their team? :D

I did the design pretty quickly, things like the adidas stripes and shirt stripes need more time on them to get a really authentic look. Also, black as a main colour doesn't work as well as other colours, especially on the shorts and socks. If I can be arsed tonight I'll show a different colour combo. This is an old MLS concept of mine by the way.

nycphotokit.png

I'll post the file if anyone's interested, or if you can find a better photo to work from then give me a shout. And remember, props to Fraser not me, because I've copied his tutorial pretty much step-by-step.

thats awesome cuz. could you post pictures using all white, mid red and say a navy blue just so that we can see how it works with different tones.

looks sharp tho. nice work.

Can do. Here are the different colour variations. Some colours do come out better, I had to mess around a little with the socks, as darker colours just looked black. The main thing I was trying to do was make sure the colours were as close as possible to the originals when placed under the template. Also forgot to mention the first time round that I used a lighting effect on the final flattened image (not on these though), as it seemed to remove a little bit more of the artificial quality from the designs.

varitations.png

Chestnutz, the reason for the both the issues you brought up is because it's a publicity photo and not actual in-game action. The ground from the photo is a oddly lit studio floor, and the rest of the lighting is has quite high dynamic range. A photo from a game would probably be more consistantly lit, but I've yet to find a decent one.

Ah alright, I'd still love to get my hands on that if you ever release it, being a big soccer kit fan/conceptier.

The one bad thing about doing a soccer one is the collar can't change, so say you wanted a v-neck collar, you'd have to stay with an old fashioend collar.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Is there any way anybody could update a template without the layer sets? It seems like it's just there for organizational purposes and I'm using Elements which doesn't have layer set functionality... I'm going to get a demo of Photoshop so I can use this, but I'd like to use this template longer than a month!

Thanks in advance.

Is there any way anybody could update a template without the layer sets? It seems like it's just there for organizational purposes and I'm using Elements which doesn't have layer set functionality... I'm going to get a demo of Photoshop so I can use this, but I'd like to use this template longer than a month!

Thanks in advance.

it doesnt work without the varying transfer modes im afraid. they need to be in separate layers in order to function.

Forgive me if I'm wrong which I may very well be, but I wasn't talking layers, just layer sets. I meant just ungrouping the individual layers in the layer sets, because I can't access the individual layers in the template.

Of course I'm not familiar with the functionality of layer sets so if the use of the template is dependent on their inclusion that is fine--but when I open it, I get two folders in the layer menu, TEMPLATE and DESIGN but cannot open them.

Fraser Holy :censored:. This is awesome.... here is my result...

nau1-1.png

The pic is too dark. Something must have happened when saving it.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Here's something I've made, just messing around... obviously, it's not that convincing, as there's a cardinal in the background with the current unis, I flipped the picture so James Harrison's number is backwards, no Steelers logo on wrong side of helmet, along with obvious lighting issues... but I'm sure that some people on this forum who are better photoshoppers than I could pull this off and make some really impressive shots. It was really easy because of the black background to remove "Kurt" and put him in this picture, where he replaces Larry Fitzgerald for a touchdown dash...

kurt-1.png

Archived