New Pitt Uniforms By Nike

Candyc0ded

Definite upgrade... I like how they're (not so) subtly blending the two eras. But they really should bring back the mustard & royal. When you play Notre Dame and Navy every year, wouldn't you rather have unis that actually stand out?

The odd thing is that the black trim actually did that for me...in addition to the fact that, in an overly saturated navy and vegas world, Pitt's home jerseys were the only ones that actually had/have gold numbers.

I don't know why, but I never much minded the black trim in the Pitt Panthers's set--probably because, as I just mentioned above, it helped Pitt's sets stand out from the Notre Dames and the Navys and the like. I'm also in favor of the pants stripe returning; however, I'd really prefer if it stayed off the helmet, as a helmet stripe plus the block-letter PITT script mark would be a bit too much, in my opinion.

Speaking of which...I really do not get why so many people so fervently want the old script Pitt logo to return. If you ask me, that particular script mark was great for the era in which it was utilized and known for greatness--the seventies (like pretty much everything else about Pittsburgh). That was then; this is now, 2010, and I think Dave Wannstedt and the Pitt athletic program revived the PITT moniker and unveiled the current PITT mark what, three years ago? That version fits better for this day and age...and I'm sure I don't need to mention anything about anything associated with Pittsburgh being "stuck in the past"--that ship has long since sailed from the harbor.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Speaking of which...I really do not get why so many people so fervently want the old script Pitt logo to return. If you ask me, that particular script mark was great for the era in which it was utilized and known for greatness--the seventies (like pretty much everything else about Pittsburgh). That was then; this is now, 2010, and I think Dave Wannstedt and the Pitt athletic program revived the PITT moniker and unveiled the current PITT mark what, three years ago? That version fits better for this day and age...and I'm sure I don't need to mention anything about anything associated with Pittsburgh being "stuck in the past"--that ship has long since sailed from the harbor.

The script Pitt was a great logo that's why everyone wants to back, they sell "throwback" script Pitt merchandise and you'll see just as many people at games and on campus wearing it than you do the block Pitt stuff.

I'm not sure exactly why, but those pants look really nice. Maybe it's the little wider than normal stripe, but there is something about those that I really like.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Love those pants, but why the green numbers on the blue jerseys? Carelessness? Oversight? Blindness? They are clearly a different hue than the gold seen elsewhere, which is a shame.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Love those pants, but why the green numbers on the blue jerseys? Carelessness? Oversight? Blindness? They are clearly a different hue than the gold seen elsewhere, which is a shame.

I'm sure it's the two different materials. They reflect light differently, which gives off a slightly different shade.

That's just my guess. But I agree the two golds are different.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

New pic I just saw of the white jersey and pants

NewPittUniforms07-26-09-1.jpg

I've always loved this striping pattern on the pants, going back to Pitt's set in the late 70s. As I recall, when Jackie Sherrill went to Texas A&M the Aggies' pants had similar striping for several years -- grey pants with a thick maroon stripe flanked by two thin white ones. The home jerseys were maroon with two white sleeve stripes. (At some point they went to white pants with thin gray-thick maroon-thin grey stripes.) I thought this was the best look A&M has ever had, and I really like their latest set now that they have reintroduced grey into the color scheme.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Something about that PITT wordmark on the blue jersey really bothers me.

I'm pretty sure that's the back of the jersey, unless you mean on the picture he linked. That one looks normal to me.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived