Larry Fitzgerald

LEWJ

16184d29f225676b7694971.jpg

38b0f16a95ea14f0915b504.jpg

Did that textmark grow in size this year, as well, or has it been that way? Cuz, well...that's, um, a lil' "biggish" compared to most other jersey wordmarks.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wordmark is the same size. I prefer the red collars.

I've grown to really like these uniforms. I hated them at first (especially the red yoke on the white jerseys), but they have since grown on me. It helps that the team has all but abandoned the terrible red pants (they didn't work with either jersey).

Unfortunately, as most members here agree (and CC97 pointed out earlier in this thread), the whole package is ruined by the gray facemasks. They clash so badly with an otherwise modern look. Changing them to white, black or (my preference) red would completely alleviate this problem.

If the team is willing to change a collar color to upgrade their uniforms, why not also fix the facemask problem?

cardinalsfacemasks.png

I've grown to really like these uniforms. I hated them at first (especially the red yoke on the white jerseys), but they have since grown on me. It helps that the team has all but abandoned the terrible red pants (they didn't work with either jersey).

Unfortunately, as most members here agree (and CC97 pointed out earlier in this thread), the whole package is ruined by the gray facemasks. They clash so badly with an otherwise modern look. Changing them to white, black or (my preference) red would completely alleviate this problem.

If the team is willing to change a collar color to upgrade their uniforms, why not also fix the facemask problem?

cardinalsfacemasks.png

Please no one suggest Yellow (!).

I have been wanting Red or Black facemasks since 1973. Even called the Cardinals' front office a couple of times about it over the years as well.

I'm putting together a list of wordmark sizes for the teams that use them...I'll post in a minute.

cardinalsfacemasks.png

I've always liked the white mask on white helmet look... but it really seems to have fallen off the NFL map. IIRC both Indy and NE had white on white at one time and a few colleges still do. For me, black is worse than gray on the Cards... I know they have black in their scheme, but not enough to justify the mask... it just looks so wrong to me. (I'm looking at you, Lions and especially Redskins. IMO Washington is the worst offender... that gold is so loud, its screaming 1976!! That's another team I'd rather see in gray than what they have now... although for them dark red is the right choice, which would work for Az too)

OK...here are the official wordmark sizes for NFL teams (excluding the 2009 Lions, Jags and 49ers who I don't have yet):

Arizona Cardinals: H:0.5", W:5.25"

Atlanta Falcons: H:0.5", W:3.75"

Baltimore Ravens: H:0.5", W:3.675"

Cleveland Browns: H:unknown, W:2.625"

Dallas Cowboys (dark jersey only): H:0.5", W:3.5"

Denver Broncos: H:0.5", W:4.0"

Detroit Lions (pre-2009 unis): H:0.75", W:1.75"

Detroit Lions (2009): unknown

Houston Texans: H:0.5", W:4.0"

Jacksonville Jaguars (2009): unknown

Miami Dolphins: H:1.0", W:3.125" (W:3.625" on Coral/Orange jersey)

Minnesota Vikings: H:unknown, W:3.0"

New England Patriots: H:1.625", W:2.75"

Philadelphia Eagles: H:1.25", W:3.5"

St. Louis Rams: H:1.0", W:2.75"

San Diego Chargers: H:0.75", W:4.125"

San Francisco 49ers (2009): unknown

Seattle Seahawks: H:unknown, W:3.875"

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: H:0.875", W:3.5"

Tennessee Titans: H:0.75", W:2.875" (H:1.0", W:3.0" on Navy jersey)

Washington Redskins: H:0.5", W:3.0"

The Cardinals' wordmark is by FAR the largest/widest of all teams that use them.

Could this be the new jersey type that they tested on the Giants towards the end of last year?

If that is in fact the case, it does seem to counter the rumor that all teams would have the same jersey style.

I suspect that rumor came out of a misunderstanding.

Each team's jerseys will be one single cut (instead of the various multiple cuts used by different positions) and made out of one single type of fabric (as opposed to the part mesh, part spandex, part tackle-twill jerseys worn now).

I think people picked up on that "one jersey template" thing and extrapolated that to mean for the entire league, not just each team.

Red would be my facemask of choice, then black or white. As everyone knows, I'm a gray-hater when it's just there for "looks"

ColorWerx, how did you go about contacting mgmt? What did you say? What did they say?

KISSwall09.jpg

Red would be my facemask of choice, then black or white. As everyone knows, I'm a gray-hater when it's just there for "looks"

ColorWerx, how did you go about contacting mgmt? What did you say? What did they say?

The last time I tried that with the Cardinals was back in - I want to say - 1984 or so.

I had a nice long discussion with who I believe was recently-retired John Omohundro - the long-time trainer with the Cardinals.

Apparently, when the Chargers and Chiefs first came out with team colored facemasks back in '73, Omohundro approach the front office with three helmet examples - one with a White mask, another with a Red mask, and a third with a Black facemask. Bill Bidwill's response? "Let's just see what the other teams do before making any changes."

<_<

how did you go about contacting mgmt? What did you say? What did they say?

Here is their contact information: http://www.azcardinals.com/team/contact.php

I know I contacted them back in 2006 to inquire about the switch from white to black cleats via the contact information provided and within a month I got a response.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

No yellow, white, or black facemasks ever! Like others, I'd be down with red.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

The red facemask would be a huge upgrade, but you'd still have a very conservative helmet paired with a flashy modern uniform. The Cardinals could also use some sort of helmet stripe to tie the uniform together.

The red facemask would be a huge upgrade, but you'd still have a very conservative helmet paired with a flashy modern uniform. The Cardinals could also use some sort of helmet stripe to tie the uniform together.

You really think so?

I can see your point one way, and I don't necessarily disagree...but I really don't think that any additional helmet adornments would be necessary, so long as the Cardinals do go ahead and convert to red 'masks.

My reasoning behind that might have to do with the team from which many might say the Cardinals stole their "design inspiration"...the Minnesota Vikings, who have nothing more than a horn on their domes. Of course, to be fair, the Vikes also have a shoulder treatment that sorta mimicks said horns, so I guess it works that way. The "AZ state flag" thing the Cards have going on with their jerseys, for whatever reason, never did work for me, and to this day, it still doesn't.

(I will say that the Cardinals uniforms have started to grow on me just a little bit. I never hated them to begin with..they're just a tidbit too busy in current guise.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived