2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

Just received this email from the Twins:

###

TWINS TO UNVEIL NEW LOOKS FOR INAUGURAL SEASON AT TARGET FIELD

Join us as the Twins unveil their new uniforms for 2010. You're invited to join the Twins at the IDS Crystal Court on Monday, November 16 at Noon to witness the unveiling of new uniforms and logos to be used throughout the Inaugural Season at Target Field.

Players Scott Baker and Denard Span will model new uniforms to be worn by Twins players on the Home Opener at Target Field and at all Saturday home games as well as a new road uniform. New team marks will also be shown for the first time. The Twins Inaugural Season collection will be available on twinsbaseball.com and Twins Pro Shops starting Monday, November 16.

###

So a new Saturday alt, which apparently will also be worn at the Home Opener, and a new road uniform. Not modeling a new regular home uniform.

I'm increasingly fearing a worst-case scenario: the Twins ditching road pinstripes and adding the red-billed road cap. Or in other words, Welcome to your 2010 Cleveland Indians.

On an unrelated note, I once had a phenomenal sandwich from a shop inside the IDS building in 1989 or 90, when we went down to see the Stones' Steel Wheels tour at the Dome.

If anyone is going to the reveal, please confirm for me whether this sandwich shop is still around.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you disclose what the sandwich comprised?

It was a meat, I believe it was a type of ham, with a yellow cheese of sorts, a large green leaf, and some red discs enrobed by a crusty roll. There may have been onions and a type of vinaigrette. It was not Quiznos.

It was 20 years ago. I have not yet had a purchased sandwich, from neither shop nor mall nor gas station, that measured up to its greatness.

All this over a sandwich.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Can you disclose what the sandwich comprised?

It was a meat, I believe it was a type of ham, with a yellow cheese of sorts, a large green leaf, and some red discs enrobed by a crusty roll. There may have been onions and a type of vinaigrette. It was not Quiznos.

It was 20 years ago. I have not yet had a purchased sandwich, from neither shop nor mall nor gas station, that measured up to its greatness.

All this over a sandwich.

It was probably just an ordinary sandwich. Everything tastes better in Minnesota.

Home: What they have now with patch and wordmark updates. HOWEVER, there is one key issue about which we are still unsure. Is there any chance they'll remove the nameplate? For some time now, they've been the only team with the cheap look of a nameplate on pinstripes.

Road: I think we all have the idea of a new (and potentially retro-based) "Minnesota" script and no pinstripes. I hope they buck the trend of only using one of their colors and leaving the other color off. Please use red and blue both. Also, no starts or lettering on the tail.

Saturday Alt. I think the once-per week alt will most likely follow the trend of being retro-inspired (e.g. Milwaukee and Toronto). However, what intrigues me most about it is that they are wearing it on opening day. First game outdoors in a retro-based alt...sorry to the dome-era uni lovers, but the red cap's gone and I think they are looking at 1961 rather than 1981. I look for pinstripes and the old wordmark in blue. I'd rather they skip the entire thing, but I'll take this over the tacky 80s.

Other Alt: I'd guess they'll have a blue alt as well. Probably just what they have now with the tweaked wordmark and sleeve patch.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I thought for sure they were going to ditch the "M". But Apparently not, I wish they hadn't ditched the red caps. Oh well, at least I still have mine. I think those are our best caps, I love those.

However, I do like the new ones, and disagree on the "Indians" look. First off, the Indians blue on their hat is a far different shade of blue, we have Dark blue, and theirs is almost grey.

Besides, their like our BP caps. And I like those.

Just received this email from the Twins:

So a new Saturday alt, which apparently will also be worn at the Home Opener, and a new road uniform. Not modeling a new regular home uniform.

I'm increasingly fearing a worst-case scenario: the Twins ditching road pinstripes and adding the red-billed road cap. Or in other words, Welcome to your 2010 Cleveland Indians.

I'm actually not a fan of pinstripes on road uniforms. I don't know why but they look really awkward for me. If they ditched them altogether I think it would be an improvement. One less team wearing pinstripes would be fine by me.

the jerseys are now on the twins home page (www.twinsbaseball.com)

Well, the new home script is as awesome as expected.

But otherwise this is a massive fail. The Twins are now the Washington Nationals of the American League. Mets fans can rest easy: your team will not be the worst screw-ups of the 2009/2010 MLB redesign season.

20082614447.png

Inaugural Season Logo - Will be featured on the official commemorative baseballs and bases to be used during all Twins home games as well as on the team's home uniforms and caps throughout the 2010 season.

Primary Logo - The team will have a new logo incorporating the new "Twins" script and the words "Minnesota Twins Baseball Club".

50th Season Logo - Will be displayed on 2010 road jerseys and on the home throwback jersey.

Primary Home Uniform - The "Twins" script has been slightly altered and updated for 2010 and beyond.

Secondary Throwback Uniform - Twins players will wear a circa 1961 throwback uniform on Opening Day as well as every home Saturday during the 2010 season. The uniforms are modeled after the wool version worn during the team's first season in Minnesota.

Primary Road Uniform - Twins players will wear new solid grey road uniforms (no pinstripes) in 2010 featuring a "Minnesota" script inspired by the team's original "Minnesota" script found on the players jackets from 1961-1986.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I like the look of the retro alts, but when they are so close to the regular home jerseys, what is the point? An alternate jersey is supposed to be different, using different colors, different logos, different styles. So now they have a white pinstriped jersey that says "Twins," and for a change of pace, a white pinstriped jersey that says "Twins." I am guessing for a retro look, they won't have names on the back, and they will probably have navy numbers, so the overall look might not be too similar, but at first glance, I am not impressed.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Archived