2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

Why do teams keep getting halfway with their powder blues??? :mad:

Royals, Rays, Brewers: Please get powder blue jerseys AND pants!!! (including city names, no less)

Matching powder blue jerseys with white pants is like matching gray jerseys with white pants... It just doesn't work...

-- $0.02 --

I totally agree on the city names. Baltimore & Washington figured it out this year. Milwaukee needs to be on the Brewers' road jerseys.

Orioles and Nationals almost figured it out this year. Both, however, wound up with unnecessary split letters on the road jerseys. I don't care much for or about the Nationals, but the split "t" on the "Baltimore" jerseys--which often winds up looking like "Balttimore"--just bugs the hell out of me.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like I know Brian Stokes and Angel Pagan are household names in my humble quarters.

I have Stokes autograph, so I know him.

I don't think the Dodgers need another patch. They have had enough patches recently

The Dodgers don't need any patches. They need to remove the patches off the sleeves.

neilhamburger.jpg

The only patch the Dodgers need right now is something to patch up the McCourts' failing marriage so they don't have to desperately sell off all their players like the Padres did!

:-D

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So...MLB was supposed to release all the new BP style guides today, but apparently that date has been pushed back to November 16.

I've been very eager to see what the "big changes" are for 2010, and now I have to wait even longer. Ugh. :cursing:

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

So...MLB was supposed to release all the new BP style guides today, but apparently that date has been pushed back to November 16.

I've been very eager to see what the "big changes" are for 2010, and now I have to wait even longer. Ugh. :cursing:

No big deal, it's only an extra day...

No big deal, it's only an extra day...

No you've still got 2 and a half months of suffering through watching the Bucs :P

6fQjS3M.png

Hey guys

This is my first post at CCSLC. I'm happy to have found a community that shares my interest in sports uni's and logos.

I made a couple graphics of the new powder blue Royals hat. I know these are sort of concepts but I think they are appropriate in this thread.

Anyways, I look forward to C+C and to hear what you guys think about next year's changes. I look forward to talking sports logos and uni's with you all.

Here's what I would hope the Royals new hat would look like

4023786730_2ae8054b7d.jpg

Here's what I think the Royals hat will actually look like

4023028779_d244ce97f8.jpg

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

Not sure if I like the new Twins logo. I'm glad Minnesota is included, but I never liked those "Baseball Club" logos. Maybe part of this is because the Padres' take on it used radial Times New Roman italic. Guuuhhh.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not sure if I like the new Twins logo. I'm glad Minnesota is included, but I never liked those "Baseball Club" logos. Maybe part of this is because the Padres' take on it used radial Times New Roman italic. Guuuhhh.

That's funny you say about the old Padres 'baseball club' usage. My dad and I always used to mock the inclusion of baseball club in their logo when I was younger (a lot of lame jokes like, "Oh, it's not the San Diego Padres Stamp Collectors?") and I think because of that, I always enjoy 'baseball club' logos. Makes me nostalgic. Overall though, we can say that Minnesota looks like it's on it's way to a perfect update: nothing drastic, nothing disgustingly ugly and modern, but nice simple touches that make the logos and unis feel more 2010.

sig2024.png

x1110g.jpg

Found this logo in the sponsor section of the Minneapolis/ St. Paul Magazine. The twins ball logo surrounded by text. Good looking update to the logo overall.

Nice find. If legit, this is better than the current primary.

I'll confirm it that it's legit.

x1110g.jpg

Found this logo in the sponsor section of the Minneapolis/ St. Paul Magazine. The twins ball logo surrounded by text. Good looking update to the logo overall.

Now that we have an image, can you tell us anything about the color(s) of the ball and the script drop shadow? Is there anything other than white going on there? Creamy shading as on the ball in the Giants logo?

20082614447.png

x1110g.jpg

Now that we have an image, can you tell us anything about the color(s) of the ball and the script drop shadow? Is there anything other than white going on there? Creamy shading as on the ball in the Giants logo?

I shouldn't say too much, but that yellow-ish stuff in there is probably the by-product of poor reproduction. There isn't any Yellow or Cream in there.

x1110g.jpg

I shouldn't say too much, but that yellow-ish stuff in there is probably the by-product of poor reproduction. There isn't any Yellow or Cream in there.

I agree with Color Werx, the image was tiny in the magazine and my scan is not the greatest. The logo in the magazine shows a white ball and not a cream or yellow.

Archived