2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

The Astros and Pirates aren't making any uniform changes. And the only thing the Dodgers are likely to do is unveil a new BP uniform design. That's all.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Astros and Pirates aren't making any uniform changes. And the only thing the Dodgers are likely to do is unveil a new BP uniform design. That's all.

Pirates are eliminating a logo and changing a logo.

Dodgers are indeed modifying their BP jersey. They are also adding a patch.

Astros are also adding a patch.

pirates just got a new jersey last year that i like that should have the outlined p hat as the default hat in every game with an alernate at with yellow brim maybe

Punctuation is your friend. Throw some commas, a couple of periods, and maybe a semicolon in there and we might just be able to understand what you're saying. As it is, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. There are about four different ways to divide the clauses you run together there, and each means something different about the Pirates unis and hats and your preferences for them.

20082614447.png

pirates just got a new jersey last year that i like that should have the outlined p hat as the default hat in every game with an alernate at with yellow brim maybe

Punctuation is your friend. Throw some commas, a couple of periods, and maybe a semicolon in there and we might just be able to understand what you're saying. As it is, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. There are about four different ways to divide the clauses you run together there, and each means something different about the Pirates unis and hats and your preferences for them.

A panda walks into a restaurant. It orders a sandwich. Once it finishes the sandwich, it fires a gun into the air and walks out.

The waiter asks a customer, "What the hell was that all about?"

The customer pulls out an encyclopedia, opens to the page about pandas and points to the entry:

"Panda. Indigenous to Asia. Eats shoots and leaves."

pirates just got a new jersey last year that i like, they should have the outlined p hat as the default hat in every game with an alernate hat with yellow brim maybe

im completely agree, everytime i see the new alt hat with the outline, i say " that should be the primary hat, it looks better then the basic one" and i think they should have a yellow birm hat too.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

A panda walks into a restaurant. It orders a sandwich. Once it finishes the sandwich, it fires a gun into the air and walks out.

The customer pulls out an encyclopedia, opens to the page about pandas and points to the entry:

Should be: "Eats, shoots and leaves."

I have the book. ;)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

THAT'S MY FAVORITE JOKE

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

pirates just got a new jersey last year that i like, they should have the outlined p hat as the default hat in every game with an alernate hat with yellow brim maybe

im completely agree, everytime i see the new alt hat with the outline, i say " that should be the primary hat, it looks better then the basic one" and i think they should have a yellow birm hat too.

It's so nice these two were able to find each other.

It's so nice these two were able to find each other.

...and yet another success story. They're obviously highly compatible.

0o3rlyeg.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

It's possible the Dodgers would experiment with yet another blue or powder blue alternate uniform, as they did in 1999. Although I didn't mind them, they were largely unpopular. But hey, maybe they'll try again for the new decade...

Are you talking about the Pirates' black and yellow alternate jerseys? If so, I agree... They look great, and SHOULD be the primary uniforms. Hardly any teams in the MLB wear anything but white with blue or white with red anymore, and Pittsburgh prides itself on all its sports teams wearing the city colors of black and yellow.

Not only that, the Pirates have a history of being a little "out there" and against the grain with their uniforms. I think they were the first to switch to double-knit and pullovers, and of course they had those mix-and-match '70s sets, plus the garish road pinstripe set in the mid '90s, and the gray cap.

I think that they (or maybe the White Sox) could totally pull off a primarily black (and yellow) road uniform - pants included. They could obviously still keep a gray road set as an alternate if they're concerned about heat (which I think is silly, but whatever), but they should totally boast their black-and-yellow-ness. Keep it white at home though... or maybe a black jersey there too, but I'd like to see the all-black become their distinguishing road look. Not the chest-P though - that looks like a cheap fashion jersey. A full-fledged wordmark is required.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have the book. ;)

Its somewhat ironic to mess up the grammar of a punchline of a joke about the importance of grammar. (Obviously swilson had the punctuation, as should be, correct, but for the joke to work he has it wrong).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I have the book. ;)

Its somewhat ironic to mess up the grammar of a punchline of a joke about the importance of grammar. (Obviously swilson had the punctuation, as should be, correct, but for the joke to work he has it wrong).

I actually went back and forth as to whether the punchline should have the correct or incorrect punctuation; I decided to leave the comma out because the original poster was omitting commas and the point was that commas change the meaning of the sentence--if you ignore the commas (or lack thereof) you can misread the sentence. From the reaction, I guess I should have put it in there. Whatever the case, it wasn't an error, it was intentional.

The point being: Commas are important.

/threadjack

Why do teams keep getting halfway with their powder blues??? :mad:

Royals, Rays, Brewers: Please get powder blue jerseys AND pants!!! (including city names, no less)

Matching powder blue jerseys with white pants is like matching gray jerseys with white pants... It just doesn't work...

-- $0.02 --

I totally agree on the city names. Baltimore & Washington figured it out this year. Milwaukee needs to be on the Brewers' road jerseys.

I totally agree on the city names. Baltimore & Washington figured it out this year. Milwaukee needs to be on the Brewers' road jerseys.

The Nationals have worn "Washington" on their road jerseys since beginning play in 2005. All they did this year was change the style of the lettering.

But otherwise, agreed. I'd much rather a team wore city name at home and away like the Rangers than the team name on the road like Milwaukee. Except for the Phillies, since their team name is just a nickname for their city.

20082614447.png

I have the book. ;)

false! eats shoots and leaves is correct. you dont say, eats, burgers and fries

that comma would completely ruin the joke, because it would make shoots and leaves verbs (which they are not) other than nouns. B)

Archived