2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

That should about do it for the "M" then.

Not so fast...

Seconded.

Damn. I was hoping so.

So we're either talking an alt cap, bringing the Twins to 3 caps; the home cap, which I highly doubt; or BP, a possibility. Or perhaps the above cap is the new home cap. But I'd guess the all-blue is going to remain the primary home.

This would bring the Twins to four caps. The all-blue "TC", the red crown/blue bill "TC", the road "M" and the new one.

Based on what I've heard, I don't think the red hat is returning. I hope it stays though.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That should about do it for the "M" then.

Not so fast...

Seconded.

Damn. I was hoping so.

So we're either talking an alt cap, bringing the Twins to 3 caps; the home cap, which I highly doubt; or BP, a possibility. Or perhaps the above cap is the new home cap. But I'd guess the all-blue is going to remain the primary home.

This would bring the Twins to four caps. The all-blue "TC", the red crown/blue bill "TC", the road "M" and the new one.

Based on what I've heard, I don't think the red hat is returning. I hope it stays though.

The red hat is gone...sorry.

Just checked the New Era site-the TC hat with the red bill is gone; M hat is back up. The powder blue Royals hat also removed.

The M hat is listed as an alt - has that always been the case?

I noticed that and no I have not seen it as an alt. I am sure some people on here know how it will be used :)

whats the schedule of releases again?

i heard that the twins releases are this upcoming week

Last I saw, the new logo/uni unveil is still scheduled for Monday, November 9.

Ditto. I'm really looking forward to see how they tweak everything. I love the primary update but let's see what else they do with it.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

twins today? what time?

I'm curious, too. There's nothing about any scheduled news conferences/unveilings on the Twins Web site, StarTribune, etc. Makes me wonder whether it's really happening today.

Yeah, the website says nothing. I don't think it's coming this week. They also are not discounting anything in their online store...'course that could be because most fans won't even recognize the difference in the wordmark.

I'd say it's not coming any time soon.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

twins today? what time?

I'm curious, too. There's nothing about any scheduled news conferences/unveilings on the Twins Web site, StarTribune, etc. Makes me wonder whether it's really happening today.

Yeah, the website says nothing. I don't think it's coming this week. They also are not discounting anything in their online store...'course that could be because most fans won't even recognize the difference in the wordmark.

I'd say it's not coming any time soon.

I saw a blurb about the uniforms unveiling(http://twinsballpark.mlblogs.com/):

"Target Field Notes:

The tentative date for the single game ticket on-sale for the 2010 season at Target Field is Saturday, March 13 ... Preliminary plans call for single game seats for the exhibition games versus the St. Louis Cardinals (April 2-3) to go on sale at TwinsFest January 29-31 ... The Target Field lights will be on much of this week for specific testing and directing aimed at ensuring there are no playability issues next spring ... Twins officials recently met with University of Minnesota representatives to compare notes surrounding the recent opening of TCF Bank Stadium and similarities with the opening of Target Field ... The first of the 650-plus televisions have been installed in exterior spaces around Target Field ... The Twins continue to plan to move the team's business operations to Target Field the week between Christmas and New Years Day. Look for the team to officially commence business operations at Target Field on Monday, January 4 ... Look for details to soon be announced about a major Twins Moving Sale to be held at the Metrodome Nov. 6-7 ... ... Twins Head Groundskeeper Larry DiVito has already turned on the elaborate heating system below the Target Field playing field. The field is currently kept at a constant 55 degrees and will be maintained at approximately 40 degrees throughout the dead of winter ... The Twins will unveil the team's updated logo and uniforms the week of November 9."

Win Twins!!!

Dave St. Peter

President, Minnesota Twins

4074783217_6b04d87413_o.jpg

This is a huge mistake for the Twins. The Twins have a simple and unique-in-MLB visual identity: pinstripes, red lettering, dark blue caps. Screwing with any element of that is a mistake on its face, especially since the franchise has been defined by the all-navy cap for most of the last 110 years. Screwing with the uniform identity such that the Twins wind up with a cap that closely resembles the distinctive caps worn by division rival Cleveland compounds the mistake. Especially since blue crown, red bill is pretty much the one variation the Twins have never previously tried.

(Though considered outside of the context of the Twins uniform identity, that's a very attractive cap. As soon as Cleveland drops the color red from its color scheme, this may be what the Twins ought to wear home and road.)

Love that KC cap, though. But I kind of wish it does go away quickly, because it breaks KC's color scheme, and because that exact cap -- well, with the correct shade of blue on the bill -- is what the Rays need to wear full time, and they're not likely to do so while the Royals are wearing an essentially identical cap.

We seem to see eye to eye about the Twinkes. Now, I am in the single minority who thinks all pinstripes should be retired sans the Yankees, but thats me. Other than that, yes. I agree wholeheartedly that the Twins have created a nice visual identity that should NOT be changed, in regards to uniform coloring. The lettering can change. The logo can be modified. But I want Navy Blue hat, Red Lettering. Pinstripes to me are take it or leave it. But not really thrilled with the Red hat or Blue hat/Red brim.

You hit it on the head. Looks like the Indians. Puke.

Haven't the Astros generally observed franchise anniversaries including the three years as the Colt .45s? So really here they're celebrating 45 years with the name "Astros." This is just the kind of ad hoc sloppiness I've come to expect from this operation. I hope that in 2018 they have a patch to celebrate the tenth anniversary of pouting themselves out of a pennant race.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived