2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

final friday in november is when its released?

I presume he means 'Black Friday' when holiday shopping takes off.

no he was referring to the unveil date for the mets. mets unveil november 27th, which is actually a tuesday (the tuesday after black friday) according to a post on jersey central. unveil dates also reported on that site are:

twins: friday, 11/16/09

rays: monday, 11/19/09

mets: tuesday, 11/27/09

giants and marlins: friday, 1/1/10

brewers: sunday, 2/14/10

not sure how accurate those are, but that's what i've seen reported.

sig2024.png

Well, if the Mets are unveiling their new set on or around Black Friday, that can't be a good sign for their uniforms... unsure.gif

Why? Would it not make perfect sense to unveil during the beginning of holiday shopping season?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

no he was referring to the unveil date for the mets. mets unveil november 27th, which is actually a tuesday (the tuesday after black friday) according to a post on jersey central. unveil dates also reported on that site are:

The Brewers have two unveiling dates, one is 1/31 the other 2/14. The rest of the dates above are correct.

Here are the ones Jersey Central didn't list:

Royals: 12/1

Marlins: 1/10

Astros: 11/6

Dodgers: 1/1

Pirates: 1/29

The Brewers have two unveiling dates, one is 1/31 the other 2/14. The rest of the dates above are correct.

The Astros, eh? Just a patch or something more?

Astros?! This is a new development. I hadn't heard anything. Maybe they're changing one of the alts. They've had the same alts for a few years now. When they got the new set, they changed the alts every few years (the black jerseys went away, the bricks came on, the bricks were tweaked, the all-white got changed).

I should post my DIY Astros jersey that I did in the old colors and call it a "leak". It's cream, with the navy/orange/cream color scheme but in the current fonts.

(I am kidding of course. I am not some scumbag spreading false info.)

(edited for spelling)

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Astros?! This is a new development. I hadn't heard anything. Maybe they're changing one of the alts. They've had the same alts for a few years now. When they got the new set, they changed the alts every few years (the black jerseys went away, the bricks came on, the bricks were tweaked, the all-white got changed).

I should post my DIY Astros jersey that I did in the old colors and call it a "leak". It's cream, with the navy/orange/cream color scheme but in the current fonts.

(I am kidding of course. I am not some scumbag spreading false info.)

(edited for spelling)

Can we see it anyways? lol

6fQjS3M.png

The Dodgers date is 1/1? They're unveiling a jersey on New Year's Day?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's just you, unless Denard Span is a household name in everybody's household but my own. It's the bigs. If you're not the Yankees or Red Sox at home, put names on your shirts.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Who does an unveiling on New Year's Day, which is dominated by college bowls, the NHL outdoor game, and hangovers.

I have a feeling 11/27 will be a day that will live in uni infamy. The final insult from the Mets in 2009.

It's just you, unless Denard Span is a household name in everybody's household but my own. It's the bigs. If you're not the Yankees or Red Sox at home, put names on your shirts.

Actually, your logic cuts exactly the other way. If Span isn't a household name, then putting his name on his jersey doesn't help. It's not like putting Kent Hrbek's name on the back of his jersey was going to help him win all those Gold Gloves he lost to Don freakin' Mattingly because Mattingly was a better hitter who played in New York, rather than a superior fielder who played in Minnesota.

Take the names off. It's clean, it's classic, and between the free program that teams now hand out to every fan entering the stands and the constant streams of graphics and stats on multiple scoreboards, as well as filling every spare inch of space on the TV screen, the only people who don't know who any given player is in any given play are both blind and illiterate, and so putting players names on their jerseys won't help them anyway.

(The above is hugely overstated in jest. Real point: the names on/names off thing is purely an aesthetic decision. It has no real impact on a viewer's ability to follow the game. If you know enough about Denard Span for his name to mean anything to you, then you know his jersey number, and if you don't, then you have to look him up, and his team name and number are sufficient to look him up. The "it's the bigs" argument actually supports taking the names off, since it's the bigs, where fans can be expected to know who you are.)

20082614447.png

The Astros should be interesting. Hopefully, the Dodgers don't anything to ruin a classic set. I can see the Pirates going an all-yellow alt. IT would be nice to combine with a yellow crown/black bill cap.

Actually, your logic cuts exactly the other way. If Span isn't a household name, then putting his name on his jersey doesn't help. It's not like putting Kent Hrbek's name on the back of his jersey was going to help him win all those Gold Gloves he lost to Don freakin' Mattingly because Mattingly was a better hitter who played in New York, rather than a superior fielder who played in Minnesota.

Take the names off. It's clean, it's classic, and between the free program that teams now hand out to every fan entering the stands and the constant streams of graphics and stats on multiple scoreboards, as well as filling every spare inch of space on the TV screen, the only people who don't know who any given player is in any given play are both blind and illiterate, and so putting players names on their jerseys won't help them anyway.

(The above is hugely overstated in jest. Real point: the names on/names off thing is purely an aesthetic decision. It has no real impact on a viewer's ability to follow the game. If you know enough about Denard Span for his name to mean anything to you, then you know his jersey number, and if you don't, then you have to look him up, and his team name and number are sufficient to look him up. The "it's the bigs" argument actually supports taking the names off, since it's the bigs, where fans can be expected to know who you are.)

Agreed. At this point, NOB or NNOB is completely an aesthetic decision. Plus, it's assumed that hometown fans know their players. That's why home jerseys traditionally don't have names while road jerseys do. The Yankees actually go against the grain when it comes to this. So while good ol' Denard might not be a household name in say...St. Louis, I'm sure he is in Minnesota. Just like I know Brian Stokes and Angel Pagan are household names in my humble quarters. The thing is, you can actually argue that due to fantasy baseball, an increase in national broadcasts, Baseball Tonight and MLB Network, that MOST of these guys on each of the 30 teams are well know by a large number of fans. So in short, do what looks better. And for the Twins, it's definitely NNOB.

sig2024.png

The only Astros-related thing that popped to mind was that next year is the 45th anniversary of the Houston Astros. They went from the Colt 45's to the Astros in 1965 when they moved into the Astrodome.

Commemorative patch? Almost certainly. The Astros love commemorative patches.

Special throwback? That would be sweet, but it's purely conjecture.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived