New Akron Zips Uniforms

vmd9

Nothing about Akron is likable. The uniforms are bad as is the logo on the helmet. Ugh. Honestly they are worse than Oregon.

Seriously? The A-Roo logo is one of my favorites in sports. And at least the uniforms are unique. The hot mess that Oregon is nowhere close to Akron.

Oh hell no. These are just bad. Waaaaaay too much white. And what the hell is with those side panels on the jersey.

One big pile of hot garbage.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Not an upgrade IMO. Lose the side panels and piping and maybe they'd be ok. I like their last set better. The "Roo" logos are one of the more origianl and creative in sports and I would have liked to have seen more shots of the stadium since wikipedia has the ground breaking pictures.

Those unis look like they tried to copy Texas Tech and Virginia Tech's uni's at the same time. The Zips on the back looks out of place with the AKRON spelling on the front. Pants are ok. I get the jersey stripe runs into the pant stripe but it doesn't match up with collar stripes well. EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! But like it was said earlier, it is Akron.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It's college what do you expect.

Wow, way to let 'em off the hook.

College football has some GREAT uniforms. Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, USC... Maybe they could all grab some templated piped up crap, cuz, you know, it's just college.

(Zip's logo IS nice, though)

I agree I have no complaints with college jerseys can get away with having some extremes excluding the Buffs shoulders

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Those are awful. The pants stripe doesn't even try to match up with the jerseys' side panel.

Seriously, does Adidas really need to have every single team they outfit wearing the same pants template (not to mention a ton of school with those stupid "horns" on the side of the jerseys)? Arkansas State's been lucky to have what I think are solid uniforms from Adidas, but I'm really worried we'll get something awful like this soon enough.

As much hate as Nike gets (much of it deserved), I think Adidas has been one of the worst outfitters for college football lately. Just dreadful.

Love the Zips logo, hate the unis.

But, I really don't like any of the college uniforms with the weird piping and panels. Hated to see Boise State join that group this year.

Oregon's metallic green helmet is one of the best in college football, but the terrible uniforms just kill it.

Archived