Tennessee in Orange Pants

Bmac

This is the new road primary for Tennessee. They wore orange pants on the road from the 70's until Fulmer took over as interim coach in 1992. Fulmer only had a team in orange pants three times. Johnny Majors convinced Kiffin to go back to the traditional look.

I don't mind the orange pants. What I do mind is the name on back being black, I think it would look better as orange.

I think there's some sort of NCAA mandate where they have to wear black nameplates (and a black outline of the orange numbers at that), so I don't think that UT had a choice in the matter.

That said, the belt made a pretty big difference. The white belt last year looked tacky.

I don't mind the orange pants. What I do mind is the name on back being black, I think it would look better as orange.

I think there's some sort of NCAA mandate where they have to wear black nameplates (and a black outline of the orange numbers at that), so I don't think that UT had a choice in the matter.

That said, the belt made a pretty big difference. The white belt last year looked tacky.

No mandate at all for the black, it's just a choice.

A couple of years back when adidas changed jersey vendors, they had some whites made up with orange numbers and no outline for a test, and they just weren't visible enough from the press box or really even on camera. The black outline remained. Ditto on the names. straight orange names don't stand out at all from any distance.

There isn't even a maindate from the NCAA that they have to wear nameplates AT ALL.

No mandate at all for the black, it's just a choice.

A couple of years back when adidas changed jersey vendors, they had some whites made up with orange numbers and no outline for a test, and they just weren't visible enough from the press box or really even on camera. The black outline remained. Ditto on the names. straight orange names don't stand out at all from any distance.

There isn't even a maindate from the NCAA that they have to wear nameplates AT ALL.

OHHHHHHHHHHH. I knew that they did it for tv visibility issues, but I thought that the NCAA threw that down, not UT themselves.

Some pics:

vols1.jpg

vols3.jpg

vols2.jpg

They need to either incorporate some black into the rest of those uniforms a la the Detroit Lions or completely remove the black from the jerseys.

Orange and white...now THERE'S a one-color+white scheme you don't see very often.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

i prefer all white on the road for all teams. i wish we'd use a different material so there's no sheen.

Just plain ugly IMO.

Such an ugly shade of orange to boot. It makes the black outline around the numbers so out of place. When they wear all white the outline looks appropriate, but not here.

Archived