New Houston Rockets Alternates '09 - '10

crajeec

No sports team has ever worn these colors before, so I guess we'll just have to find out what will happen.

Are you being sarcastic? No team has worn red and yellow before??

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This really solidify my love of the hoop uniforms. The only thing keeping those from being perfect is the giant logo on the shorts.

This is just looks so... blah. Curved side panel and collar logo. Whoop-ti-doo. Two bright colors fighting for attention separated only by white which only serves to diminish the lines. And the slant has me thinking my astigmatism is getting out of control.

At least it's better than the black alt they wanted.

both wordmark and number should have been solid white. and if they wanted to slant the wordmark, use a different font and make it more direct of a slant.

also, what about a black version of this? with red in place of the yellow...nonetheless, these win the new alternate uni contest....FOR NOW. :D

It just amazes me how negative these boards have gotten. I for one think these look fantastic. I can't wait till they switch these to their primary and make a road white to match.

I agree; you can?t exactly expect every design to be perfect and live up to your standards and specifications! These aren?t the greatest Rockets uniforms ever but they?re sure as hell much better than the other space outfits they've sported as of late. I swear I literally want to puke every time I see these out on the floor. thicon_puke_r.gif

260xStory.jpg

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

i'm sorry but i like this alternate. the addition of gold/yellow makes this an instant win.

i approve of this alternate.

honestly i really don't feel like bitching and moaning like i have a cricket up my anus. Everyone else hates them, I personally like it. what more can you say.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I agree that the font is not great. I like the colors and wish Houston had kept them. These colors must not sell well (Flames adding black, Iowa State adding blue, though they may have removed blue), but i like 'em.

However, I don't really like the trend of teams going back to the old for third jerseys. I'd rather they stick with one color/logo identity. If you are going to be red and gray, then stick with it. If you want to go back to red/yellow, fine. Pick one and come up with a third that keeps with the chosen identity. Of course, I acknowledge that my rant in no way accounts for the money to be made...off of fans that want modern looks simultaneously with the nostalgic ones.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Adding yellow is a plus, but they added too much--the yellow side panels are atrocious. The red/yellow worked before because the yellow was minimal. It's the same idea with the KC Chiefs--the red and yellow only work because the yellow is minimal. Here, it's too much. Eliminate the side panels and make both the script and the number white with a yellow shadow and this is a nice jersey.

I also don't like having an alt that is the same color as your primary. Don't like that Boston does it either. If they were going to do this, why not just wear throwbacks or redesign the primary to include yellow?

The new duds do look better when actually worn, but they're not eliciting any strong feelings from me either way. At the very least, I like how they're apparently not all shiny and pajama-ish like their regular unis, though the amount of yellow is kinda jarring to me.

I don?t see how there?s too much yellow in the design when it basically balances everything out, especially when you add the white outlining to it. Nobody wants a bland one color uniform with zero accents and panels. Granted, they were trying to create a modernized version of the old ?Clutch City? uniforms and I feel like they?ve been able to do it. This could arguably be the best uniforms they?ve worn since the 1994-95 season.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Can I just give major props to the McDonalds marketing team for a second. Seriously, every time a team rolls out a red and yellow jersey or someone posts a concept with red and yellow everyone says it reminds them of McDonalds. That doesn't mean these jeresys are bad, it just means McDonalds is doing something right!

I'm amongst the majority of people who are not satisfied with the Rockets' current plain red and white/scribble look. From the looks of it, the organization has received the message and are ready to go in a different route. Within the next year or two, I'm pretty sure we'll see a 76ers retro-type rebrand attempt by the Rockets.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm amongst the majority of people who are not satisfied with the Rockets' current plain red and white/scribble look. From the looks of it, the organization has received the message and are ready to go in a different route. Within the next year or two, I'm pretty sure we'll see a 76ers retro-type rebrand attempt by the Rockets.

The Blazers been the team that's done it right. They kept the classic look with modern tweaks. Well done, compare to repentant teams like the Sonics, Hornets, Sixers, Bucks, Cavs and Pistons who once strayed from traditional designs and/or colors.

I think these re-tweaks will be the next craze in the NBA like black, blue and retro jerseys have been in the past.

I would not be surprised to see teams like the Jazz, Nuggets, Kings, Warriors, Nets and Mavericks (to name a few) go back to retro colors and/or logos. It's just the next big thing in the NBA. I don't know if I am a fan of it or not?!

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Archived