Random NCAA football tweaks 'n' designs

chestnutz

The thread over in the lounge about those who are graduating high school this year got me thinkin' about the football identities that the schools I want to attend currently have. Miami of Ohio is currently number 1 on my list, so I figured why not tweak the identity?

For the logos, I didn't do much. I kept the same primary bird head, except made a more uniform black outline instead of the different stroke widths it currently has, and got rid of gray completely, making the beak white. I LOVE the M monogram logo they have, and I didn't really do much except for changing the order of the colors. I tweaked the wordmark a bit as well, especially on the primary logo. Really didn't do anything to groundbreaking.

Miami has used modern, piping-filled uniforms since the early 2000's (maybe earlier?) and I thought it was time to simplify their look, and give them some more tradition. For their first home game this year, they used a more traditional style uniform, though I'm not sure if that's the permanent home uniform. Anyways, I added some shoulder stripes, trying to minimize the use of black, and went with the double stripe throughout the uniform.

C&C appreciated, and I might tackle some other college teams later. Thanks to andrewharrington for the template!

Redhawks-logos.png

Redhawks-unis.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

i would make the Nike swoosh white on the red jersey. besides that i think you have a winner

I had it white originally, but I wanted to balance out the white and black a litttttle bit more. The whole top half of the jersey contained only white, and I figured a little smudge of black would help.

spacer.png

I like this a lot. I agree that it does kinda remind me of Rutgers. But I think that's just because of the number font.

I think a different number font could fix that problem. But either way, great job.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

maybe a thin black outline on the outside of each stripe? (black-red-white-red-black) Also i think the hip logo is a bit large. A conference patch would top it off, but thats all i got!

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Well here's number 2, the other Miami, the Hurricanes of Florida.

Same primary logo, the U is too classic to change. Changed the colors on the sebastian-twister logo, making it all green instead of the two-tone gray they have it as now. Completely new wordmark and tertiary logo, with the 3 slashes supposed to mimic those in the twister logo.

I wanted to give Miami a more classic look as well. They're one of the top programs in college football history, and I wanted to reflect that. Lately they've been going with the modern and weird striping/piping business. The striping pattern I went with here mimics their current helmet design, with one thick stripe inside of two thinner ones. I applied this to the jerseys and pants. I added a bit of piping on the front of the jersey to keep it from going TOO throwbackish.

canes-logos.png

canes-unis.png

Drexel will be next, and they don't have a football team (haven't since '73), so should be interesting. Suggestions for another team are always welcome.

spacer.png

Well here's number 2, the other Miami, the Hurricanes of Florida.

Same primary logo, the U is too classic to change. Changed the colors on the sebastian-twister logo, making it all green instead of the two-tone gray they have it as now. Completely new wordmark and tertiary logo, with the 3 slashes supposed to mimic those in the twister logo.

I wanted to give Miami a more classic look as well. They're one of the top programs in college football history, and I wanted to reflect that. Lately they've been going with the modern and weird striping/piping business. The striping pattern I went with here mimics their current helmet design, with one thick stripe inside of two thinner ones. I applied this to the jerseys and pants. I added a bit of piping on the front of the jersey to keep it from going TOO throwbackish.

canes-logos.png

canes-unis.png

Drexel will be next, and they don't have a football team (haven't since '73), so should be interesting. Suggestions for another team are always welcome.

These need orange pants. And maybe a serif font for the NOB (for the Bernie Kosar title team). And that's all. Well done.

Packers-2.png

MIAMI (OHIO) UPDATE

-Tapered pant stripes

-New number font

-Changed swoosh color

-Fixed away belt problem

Redhawks-unis2.png

I've got the next team done, the OTHER Miami, and I'll post that once C&C on THIS Miami is done with. Thanks for the input all!

I prefer these for Wisconsin than this Wisconsin concept. (Although both of you have the wrong shade of red for the CARDINAL and White.) The stripes kind of emulate a W, which would be cool for Wisconsin.

Packers-2.png

Archived