Broncos to wear mustard yellow

J.R.

front_jerseys_elb_090804.jpg

"Denver will dip back, way back, in time and wear the Broncos? original 1960 uniform when the Broncos host the Boston (for that game, Boston) Patriots in one of the American Football League matchups this year. That means gold (really, a mustard yellow) home jersey, seal brown pants and helmet, no logo, just a uniform number of the helmet, and of course the legendary, infamous vertically striped gold and brown socks."

Wow. Patriots to wear their old Boston garb too and the endzones will be painted with diamonds.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/colorful-season-at-home/

teams-1.png

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

front_jerseys_elb_090804.jpg

"Denver will dip back, way back, in time and wear the Broncos’ original 1960 uniform when the Broncos host the Boston (for that game, Boston) Patriots in one of the American Football League matchups this year. That means gold (really, a mustard yellow) home jersey, seal brown pants and helmet, no logo, just a uniform number of the helmet, and of course the legendary, infamous vertically striped gold and brown socks."

Wow. Patriots to wear their old Boston garb too and the endzones will be painted with diamonds.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/colorful-season-at-home/

I was thinking that was gonna happen this season. Boy, talk about some of the worst unis in history in any sport...

BTW, anybody know why the Pats decided to go with the Pat Patriot helmets for their throwbacks, rather than the tricorne ones (especially considering that they wore the hat ones upon their inception as a franchise)?

I actually like those yellow jerseys. I'm not sure I'd call them 'mustard', though. The Predators wore mustard. That up there is just yellow.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I actually like those yellow jerseys. I'm not sure I'd call them 'mustard', though. The Predators wore mustard. That up there is just yellow.

That's about the color of plain old yellow mustard, though certainly not a nice brown deli mustard. mmm.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

For real, I am pumped as they will wear this. My little sister will be at her first NFL game ever will really hate this, so I better let her know now. I think the Pats should just wear red.

With the Pats in all-white and the Broncos in brown helmets, yellow jerseys, brown pants and clown-striped socks, there should be plenty of contrast... principally between a classic set and one that should never have been un-retired.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

She does not care. Next week I had to make the following:

1-She will go to her second NFL game, but she loved hated OAK club level; she wanted closer.

2-She loves Tom Brady and likes his "butt chin" + I went to Michigan and she did not. She loved when I sent her the schedule.

3- She loved, "Bowling for Columbine " so we have to drive past the HS on Saturday before going to CS.

4-She really loves burgers so we are going to the Cherry Cricket.

5-She did go to TCU so we are going to TCU @ AFA on Saturday. She hates college football, but loves that I give her my XM radio codes for all others. She loves men in uniform.

fantastic color combination. Can't wait to see it on the field.

To each their own, but as far as I'm concerned, not even 1080p will make that color combination look pleasing. In fact, I hope most Colorado sports bars are keeping some anti-nausea pills in stock.

She loved, "Bowling for Columbine " so we have to drive past the HS on Saturday before going to CS.

This is a little morbid.

They host a large forensics (speech and debate) tournament there every year, and so I've been there quite a few times. It's a very eerie place to visit, especially since two of the victims were speech team members themselves.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Archived