Georgia-Florida Game potentially alternate jersey showcase?

Brave-Bird 08

I usually feel like I'm the first person on top of uniform info that regards my favorite teams around here in Georgia.

But heres a rumor im on the outside of...or feel like caught my be suprise.

I'm hearing a lot of chatter from people that Georgia and Florida are planning to wear Black and Orange jerseys for this years game...which will be played on Halloween.

Anyone hear about this? Ive heard it from a hand full of diff people (people who do not collaborate with one another) about it.

I know the color vs. color idea had a lot of people hoping for a red vs. blue game...thats what I want to see!!

But black and orange? makes sense...but I feel like we would have heard chatter about Florida wearing an orange jersey this year?

or would we?

can anyone do justice to this rumor or no?

Y'know, I think that would be pretty fun. I don't think either jersey should be part of either team's regular rotation, but this would make the game a memorable one, and both teams would be using colors already in their scheme. Plus, color-on-color always looks sweet.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Should not be a rules violation. Per the NCAA, the following new rule was instituted this season:

Rule 1-4, Article 3a #2:

2. If the home team wears colored jerseys, the visiting team may also

wear colored jerseys, if and only if the following conditions have

been satisfied:

( a ) The home team has agreed in writing prior to the game; and

( b ) The conference of the home team certifies that the jersey of the

visiting team is of a contrasting color.

So, as long as Florida agrees to it ahead of time, Georgia can wear black without fear of a penalty.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Is Richt going to order his team to act like jackasses again this year, and get a 15 yard penalty, after they score a TD?

Talk about having ZERO class. That took the cake.

Mock it all you want, but it worked.

Both teams got their chance to show the other team up, I'd say they're even now.

Is Richt going to order his team to act like jackasses again this year, and get a 15 yard penalty, after they score a TD?

Talk about having ZERO class. That took the cake.

Yes, and Urban Meyer running up the score whenver he gets the chance is the epitome of class...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived