MiLB 2010 Changes

Blackjack76

Road_Fitted_300.JPG No matter what, this is one nice cap...

Oh noes, is that really purple and light blue? I thought we left 1992 in the dust.

*edit* they say it's navy. Then again, my monitor's like 15 years old.

To me it looks like a midnight blue with aqua accents.

As for cap color, I would think it's the New Era shade of navy that the Rays and Indians use.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah...it's supposed to look like this:

EverettAquaSox_HCP_2010-9999.png

That's really sharp looking! As an M's fan I have to get one of those...are they the new 59Fiftys, the cool base poly-blend or is MiLB still using wool?

love the look of that, will complement my vintage Mariners hat w/ the trident well

But at $24, I'm wagering that the Everett caps are wool. Someone 2 hours south of me might be able to verify.

That seems like a fair argument, and at $24, I feel like I'm buying a new era cap back in 1997!

EDIT: Just called the Aquasox front office and they said they are of the new poly stlye. With shipping $31 for those interested.

SEAsig.png

But at $24, I'm wagering that the Everett caps are wool. Someone 2 hours south of me might be able to verify.

That seems like a fair argument, and at $24, I feel like I'm buying a new era cap back in 1997!

EDIT: Just called the Aquasox front office and they said they are of the new poly stlye. With shipping $31 for those interested.

not a bad deal, now the million dollar question as to how the hell a 7 1/2 fits....

Noticed this wasn't in the thread or on the logo set, so it will need to be added. New Tampa Yankees logo, guessing it's an alternate logo. Not sure what it's going to be used for, it would be sweet to have on an alternate jersey as a chest logo. Would make a nice hat too.

Similar to the WBS Yankees logo with the y.

TampaYankees.jpg

2ly2w09.jpg

Noticed this wasn't in the thread or on the logo set, so it will need to be added. New Tampa Yankees logo, guessing it's an alternate logo. Not sure what it's going to be used for, it would be sweet to have on an alternate jersey as a chest logo. Would make a nice hat too.

Similar to the WBS Yankees logo with the y.

TampaYankees.jpg

That logo has been out since '09. I think they have an alternate cap with it that they wear with their occasional navy blue alt jerseys. Personally I think it's a little busy, but if it was the same logo minus the "Y" it would look better and still envoke the Yankees.

I want a Mr. Celery 5950 SO bad.

Oh lord, so do I. I pretty much get a minor league hat for my birthday ever year, so I've been searching for a Mr. Celery one, but no luck. I think I'm getting a Charlotte Stone Crabs one this year

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I'm watching the Biscuits/BayBears on local TV right now. It looks like the Mobile BayBears are wearing the road jerseys from last season with the new hat for some reason. Also, it appears that the logos on the Biscuits helmets are missing yellow and orange. It must be a screw-up on the supplier's part, but done too late for the team to get the correct decals to arrive in time for the start of the season. I guess that explains why the team wore plain helmets during their first practice at the stadium. The helmets usually have the logos on them at that time.

Also, it looks like the Biscuits switched to using dark navy on the home hat instead of royal blue as it had been in previous years. It makes sense due to the fact that the only shade of blue that they use in their uniform palette (undershirts, helmets, socks, and BP jerseys) is dark navy. In previous years, the home and road hats had featured dark royal blue, while the rest of the uniforms featured dark navy. That changed last year when the team debuted a solid dark navy road hat, and appears to have come full circle with the replacement of dark royal blue with dark navy blue.

Road_Fitted_300.JPG No matter what, this is one nice cap...

As for cap color, I would think it's the New Era shade of navy that the Rays and Indians use.

I just got mine today, and you are right, it is the shade of navy the Rays and the Indians use. I was hoping it would be the even darker one the Mariners use (which would make sense to me being its their farm team), I think it would look that much sharper if it was, but none the less, its still a great looking cap

SEAsig.png

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting. Couldn't use the Old English "C", eh? Those damn Reds. :D

Still, I'm not really feeling it. I don't like using the bold stroke at the bottom of the "C" - I think the logo is better flipped vertically.

4484126597_9f7e44c021_o.jpg

That reads as a much stronger "C" to me. Change the accents along the left side back to match the Tigers, and I think it would be a better cap logo.

I feel the same way. I was fiddling with the "C" while you were making your post.

82384857.png

:ninja:

Better send that to Norwich - looks like the Connecticut Tigers might not be renaming the team next year after all.

One thing the Tigers may not change is the name of the franchise.

Originally the team had announced it would hold a name-the-team contest, but officials are re-thinking that idea.

?We?ve put the brakes on things. I?m not saying it won?t still happen, but people are saying it?s great, it gives us an identity and connects us to the major league team,? (Connecticut Tigers general manager Andrew) Weber said of the ?Tigers? name. ?Almost everything we do, we have to digest before we finalize.?

So, going back to the New Orleans Zephyrs rebrand, their cable program Inside Zephyrs Baseball did a story about the rebranding process, and it included some of the concepts they were looking at.

Ones that included the Crescent City Connection...

2cdet01.jpg

2yyqxkk.jpg

...and the old Zephyr rollercoaster in Pontchartrain Park...

4hfqyg.jpg

25g418g.jpg

...and there was a Jester concept sent back as well, something that's been done before in previous alternate Zephyrs logos.

8zoe1z.jpg

NewOrleansZephyrs4.GIF (old jester logo used in years past)

So, having seen some of the other ideas, does my opinion of what they went with change?

14e9own.jpg

I still like it, because if the team was really looking for something that "travels well", anything based on the Fleur De Lis works in that role. I don't think the CCC or the rollercoaster are well known outside of the area. Having said that, I wish they could've still incorporated gold in there somehow, just to shake off that somewhat monochrome look.

(screengrabs taken from a video posted on Facebook, if you'd like the see the whole thing, here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/video/video.php?v=386815689476)

kU6ns.gif

Archived