MiLB 2010 Changes

Blackjack76

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys-

Thought we'd share some behind the scenes info on the new Blue Rocks look...

For the first time ever, the Blue Rocks identity incorporates Powder Blue and Buff, an official color of the State of Delaware. The Blue Rocks are the only professional sports team in America using this shade of Buff.

The new Primary Logo featuring Wilmington's most famous moose, Rocky Bluewinkle. The mark presents "Blue Rocks" in fun and classic lettering over a Buff and Powder banner.

At home the Blue Rocks will don white uniforms with Powder Blue sleeves and trim. As a tribute to the Blue Rocks legends of the 1950s, players will wear striped White & Powder socks of yesteryear.

The new Powder Blue Home Cap features a tough, steaming Rocky head representing the determination of America's First State. Absent from the Blue Rocks identity for some time, the BR with the Delaware state inside makes a return for the 2010 season. The Blue Rocks navy alternate cap features a Powder Blue BR with Buff outline.

A Blue Rocks omen, Mr. Celery mysteriously foretells a future Blue Rocks score by appearing in the ballpark when players are on 3rd base. This icon of Blue Rocks folklore now makes an appearance on the sleeve of players' uniforms.

Jason + Casey

Creamer_Signature.png

On the Blue Rocks official Fan Shop, they have an entire section now dedicated to Mr. Celery :lol:

http://bluerocks.milbstore.com/store.cfm?dept_id=930&cart_id=023156423871051081091051102059820102901&store_id=52&parentID=930

Although it isn't the new design, it's still chuckle worthy! Apparently, he comes out to "Cel-ebrate" runs and wins according to the Blue Rocks' wiki page...

I went to the website and couldn't find an explanation for the celery. But it's fun! I like what they did with the moose logo. A lot. However, a Blue Rock is a type of chicken. A chicken based logo would have been awesome. I love chickens.

Everyone loves a roundel.

I certainly couldn't find any better way to celebrate post #500.

The moose is a little much...but yeah. That Mr. Celery phenomenon, and patch, are exquisite. Bravo.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived