Arizona Wrangler pants

oddball

San Antonio, however, was at the bottom of the league with everything. When you steal a logo from an editorial cartoon, there's something wrong with your organization.

I'm not sticking up for the logo (terrible from any distance past 2 feet), but it wasn't stolen from an editorial cartoon. The San Antonio Express News editorial cartoonist drew the logo specifically for the team. Not that it makes it any better, either ...

Otherwise, I thought the USFL had some of the best unis ever.

Michigan Panthers. That is all. With the Breakers and the '84 Blitz getting runner-up nods.

(1A) Wranglers (in their '84 iteration).

(1B) Panthers.

That is all.

Breakers helmet was one of ther best FB helmets ever. Also, Jacksonville Bulls had a good look.

Breakers helmet was one of ther best FB helmets ever. Also, Jacksonville Bulls had a good look.

I think the NFL Jagurs should have resurrected the colors of the Bulls when they got the Jaguars in 1995, instead of the then-trendy teal and black. That dark maroon, silver, and orange looked really sharp, and the wraparound logo on the helmet was great too.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I think the NFL Jagurs should have resurrected the colors of the Bulls when they got the Jaguars in 1995, instead of the then-trendy teal and black. That dark maroon, silver, and orange looked really sharp, and the wraparound logo on the helmet was great too.

I would argue that "maroon, silver, and orange" were more than trendy during the time of the USFL (early 80's) Thats why you saw a bunch of teams with some kind of silver/gold and red combo. I find some of the USFL's color combos to be very dated.

• 1 year later...

It's been disputed that Wranglers coach,George Allen hated the Red Uniforms. Supposedly the real reason they were never worn!

I liked all the USFL uniforms logos, only the Maulers fell flat in my eyes. And meebee, the Orlando Renegades looked a tad too much like Air Force, but that's where my complaints end..

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

After watching that documentary last night I really wish I was alive to witness this league. Also, Donald Trump is an even bigger ass than I originally thought.

What documentary? Please elaborate :therock:

I'd like to see it, but only out of curiosity .. Things seem to get better with age, not matter how bad the quality. That was not a good league all-around, very much like semi-pro football ... maybe just a step better than the WFL in the 70s which many referred to as the 'Wuffle' league.

I saw some of the USFL games on TV, and to me it was always a semi-pro league. The LA Express playing at that very empty LA Coliseum was a joke.

I must admit, I always thought that OUTLAWS logo was brilliant!

"Small Potatoes: Who Killed The USFL?" It was one of the first ESPN 30 For 30 docs to come out.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Notre Dame had pants like that during the days of Blair Kiel. I always thought it looked odd. Why would the front of the uniform be more important than the back?

That's one name I haven't heard in a while. He is from my hometown and went to my high school (although he went before I was born)

Ah, I see that you're an Olympian. One of my favorite nicknames in the state.

6fQjS3M.png

You do realize how old this thread is, don't you?

I'm the one who started this thread and forgot about it. How in the hell does someone find this thread? Seriously? And throw on top of that, was the comment that brought it back that earth-shattering? :therock:

"Small Potatoes: Who Killed The USFL?" It was one of the first ESPN 30 For 30 docs to come out.

It's hard to believe that came out a year and a half ago.

And man I hate reading old old old posts of mine. Is that what I sound like?

This for future McCarthy: don't give up on your dreams, man.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived