World Series Champs

Nesi427

ept_sports_mlb_experts-35863914-1257173853.jpg?ymddIJCD1MN6rqVE

Phillies fans reading this morning's editions of the Philadelphia Inquirer were given a momentary reprieve of believing Sunday night's meltdown was nothing but a bad nightmare. In reality, someone in the paper's pre-production department must have been even more confident than Jimmy Rollins to schedule this ad for the day after Game 4.

No word on if the papers will be shipped to Africa with the shirts they advertise.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

macyâ??s ad declares phillies as winner

AP: Inquirer Sorry For Phillies Ad

The AP reports the Philadelphia Inquirer has apologized to readers for printing a Macy?s ad celebrating the Philadelphia Phillies victory over the Yankees in the World Series.

MyFoxPhilly.com first reported on the Macy?s ad in today?s Inquirer. The newspaper later issued a statement, says the AP, that deeply apologized for the error.

Slideshow: Newspaper Ad Gives Series To Phillies

The New York Yankees have a commanding 3-1 lead in the Series over the Phillies

The ad features a T-shirt from Majestic that has a giant logo, with ?Philadelphia Phillies 2009 Back-to-Back World Series champions.?

The same T-shirt is not for sale on Macy?s Web site.

The Phillies won the World Series in 2008.

thsirt4.jpg

tshirt.jpg

tshirt2.jpg

Reminds me of this:

2241553558_596b7136b3_o.jpg

87Redskins.png

I wouldn't put the others in this category - nothing wrong with online pre-orders to be cancelled if the team doesn't win.

Newspaper ads are another thing altogether.

Especially when said newspaper ad is congratulating a team that's down 3-1 in the World Series.

I wouldn't put the others in this category - nothing wrong with online pre-orders to be cancelled if the team doesn't win.

Especially when said newspaper ad is congratulating a team that's down 3-1 in the World Series.

As long as the team has not won the Championship, then it is wrong no matter what in my books.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Imagine how big this story would be if people actually read newspapers...ba-dum-chhhhhhhhhhh

Seriously though, at least people are paying attention to a newspaper...when was the last time that happened in this country? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived