2010 NFL Mock Draft

tj4eck

However, the Steelers just won the Super Bowl last season, with what many believed to have had an average...or below-average....offensive line.

Which is why, even though I give all the folks I know back in Pittsburgh a lot of shizznit behind their undying love and adoration and idolization and admiration of their beloved Steelboyz, I can't hate on Ben. He single-handedly won that game for the Steelers. Can't stand the man, but he is a gamer. And I can't hate on that.

(Of course...it helps that he's damn near the same size as many of those average...or below-average...offensive linemen.) :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team Needs

BUF - TE / QB / OT / DE / RB

MIA - WR / DE / C / TE / QB

NE - DT / OLB / G / CB / RB

NYJ - WR / ILB / TE / DE / QB

BAL - WR / DT / G / SS / TE

CIN - DE / OT / TE / C / FS

CLE - RB / QB / OLB / FS / TE

PIT - OT / C / FS / DT / TE

HOU - OLB / SS / FS / CB / G

IND - DT / FS / OT / ILB / CB

JAX - CB / DE / WR / OLB / ILB

TEN - DT / DE / OT / WR / OLB

DEN - DE / G / QB / c / ILB

KC - TE / WR / RB / OLB / QB

OAK - WR / DE / OLB / QB / FS

SD - OT / WR / SS / OLB / RB

DAL - WR / SS / DE / CB / G

NYG - FS / WR / SS / OLB / G

PHI - OLB / ILB / G / OT / FS

WAS - OT / SS / DE / WR / QB

CHI - DT / OT / SS / FS / DE

DET - FS / G / CB / DE / DT

GB - DE / OT / SS / TE / G

MIN - QB / OLB / ILB / SS / FS

ATL - DT / OT / SS / CB / OLB

CAR - TE / DT / QB / OT / OLB

NO - OLB / CB / G / SS / OT

TB - DE / OLB / OT / WR / DT

ARZ - DE / ILB / TE / QB / OT

SEA - RB / G / OT / DE / QB

SF - G / FS / CB / OLB / DE

STL - WR / QB / OLB / CB / TE

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

STL, CLE, TB, OAK, WAS, BUF, and maybe TEN all need a QB. I can't believe there won't be a QB taken until 29!

Cleveland, Tampa, Tennessee and Oakland won't be taking a quarterback in the first round next year. They should, but they won't because they've all recently taken a QB in the 1st round.

You can also add Denver to that list. It would be wise if the Broncos made a run at getting a top-notch QB in the 2010 draft (perhaps OU's Sam Bradford, if fully healed). They aren't going to sniff the Super Bowl as long as Kyle Orton is under center.

I think Cleveland might take a QB in round 1. I don't think the franchise were sold on Brady Quinn, but he fell into there lap a bit. My guess is that a guy that they like is available, they will have little choice but to snap up a QB.

While Cleveland seems desperate enough to "clean house", which they've already begun by cleansing themselves of Braylon Edwards and their GM, they won't give up on Quinn. It's just too soon to bail on a first round quarterback/the team's future (Just ask San Francisco and Oakland). I think he gets one more year to prove himself before the Browns kick him to the curb for another top round quarterback.

Haven't they already pretty much bailed on Quinn? They have never treated him like a star QB. Derek Anderson is currently listed as starter, Quinn is in his 3rd year and he has started 6 games. In his career I mean. Thats not a franchise showing confidence in their QB. He has 3 career touchdown passes. (Compared to 5 career interceptions). And if you think Anderson is the Browns' answer, he has 2 touchdown passes in 5 starts this year, and 9 interceptions. Like it or not they need help under center.

Brady Quinn has what? 6 starts?

If Mangini is still in Cleveland they're going to trade the pick... again. He gave up on Quinn after Week 3 when he could have had a quarterback in this draft.

Yeah I was pretty amazed when I noticed that. I was expecting it to be more like 16 or something. But Brady Quinn has started 6 games with the Cleveland Browns. And more shocking in some ways 3 passing touchdowns in 3 years. They've never shown much faith in Quinn, to me they should trade him away or release him and move on. I don't think they have a choice really.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

STL - WR / QB / ILB / CB / TE

Does the name James Laurinaitis mean anything to you?

How he misses out on defensive rookie honors completely boggles my mind.

I'd suggest bolstering both lines instead.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

rams, you may have a point, but the Rams especially, passed over one or two serviceable QBs this year, I am not sure a struggling franchise without a QB can afford to do that too often. I guess a lot might depend on which QBs are around in free agency as well.

My point is not entirely that the teams I listed definitely will pick a QB, but that I just don't see guys like McCoy and Bradford falling all that way done the draft. It would be stoopid for guys like Stafford, Sanchez and Freeman to be round 1 picks, and a guy like Bradford to fall out of the first round.

The Rams are not in a position yet where they can "plug and play" with a rookie quarterback, and given the amount of money involved in signing a first round QB, combined with Bulger's local Antichrist status, will lead to intense local demand for unfortunate yet wealthy rookie QB X to be plugged in at week one.

Again, I think the Rams are shooting for, and are closer to building, a dominant, devastating defense, married to a ball control/game management offense as the "vision of the future". While many in the St. Louis peanut gallery have yet to break free of the GSOT paradigm, I, for one, think this is an achievable and perhaps perfect goal for the resurrection of the franchise.

In such a scenario, you can get the ball control/game manager QB in round 2. They don't need a spread star or a gunslinger. They just need someone who can feed the ball to Steven Jackson and make high percentage completions when necessary.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If Josh Freeman shows the poise he showed on Sunday, then the Bucs don't need a QB for a long time and have a steal. Just watching the highlights, he has good footwork and looks good. But of course, those were the highlights. I need to see him over a full game to get a better feel for him.

I watched a lot of that game and the kid looks like he could be pretty good. He had his moments where he looked like a rookie QB but when he was getting it right he looked really good. The team sure seemed to play better with him under center.

BB52Big.jpg

STL, CLE, TB, OAK, WAS, BUF, and maybe TEN all need a QB. I can't believe there won't be a QB taken until 29!

Cleveland, Tampa, Tennessee and Oakland won't be taking a quarterback in the first round next year. They should, but they won't because they've all recently taken a QB in the 1st round.

You can also add Denver to that list. It would be wise if the Broncos made a run at getting a top-notch QB in the 2010 draft (perhaps OU's Sam Bradford, if fully healed). They aren't going to sniff the Super Bowl as long as Kyle Orton is under center.

Tampa Bay will not draft another QB since they drafted Freeman (the QB of the future) in 09. We need defensive help.

DET - FS / G / CB / DE / DT

I expected the lions list to be much longer. I would love to see Suh in a Lions uniform. They have to go defense or LT with their first round pick, IMO. CB or DT are probably the biggest needs on D.

Also, Free safety is not a need. The Lions drafted Louis Delmas with the first pick of the second round this year. He might already be the best player on the defense.

MegatronSig2.jpg

PS Jarius Byrd is gonna Be DROY

Yes, he has been amazing this year. Tied for the league lead in Interceptions, with 3 straight games of at least 2 interceptions. He better be in the running for DROY. However he is not even on the pro-bowl ballot right now.

saBS.png

rams, you may have a point, but the Rams especially, passed over one or two serviceable QBs this year, I am not sure a struggling franchise without a QB can afford to do that too often. I guess a lot might depend on which QBs are around in free agency as well.

My point is not entirely that the teams I listed definitely will pick a QB, but that I just don't see guys like McCoy and Bradford falling all that way done the draft. It would be stoopid for guys like Stafford, Sanchez and Freeman to be round 1 picks, and a guy like Bradford to fall out of the first round.

The Rams are not in a position yet where they can "plug and play" with a rookie quarterback, and given the amount of money involved in signing a first round QB, combined with Bulger's local Antichrist status, will lead to intense local demand for unfortunate yet wealthy rookie QB X to be plugged in at week one.

Again, I think the Rams are shooting for, and are closer to building, a dominant, devastating defense, married to a ball control/game management offense as the "vision of the future". While many in the St. Louis peanut gallery have yet to break free of the GSOT paradigm, I, for one, think this is an achievable and perhaps perfect goal for the resurrection of the franchise.

In such a scenario, you can get the ball control/game manager QB in round 2. They don't need a spread star or a gunslinger. They just need someone who can feed the ball to Steven Jackson and make high percentage completions when necessary.

I don't know, maybe Bradford and McCoy's ratings have gone down this year, (I don't really pay attention to college football that much! But I know Bradford has been injured!) but I certainly think they will be off the board by pick 29, and I would still rate the lambs Rams as one of the teams most likely to pick one or other up, before the 29th pick comes around. They may well not, but I can't see in the modern mind set of the NFL, that 2 star QBs can be passed on by EVERY failing team in the NFL. And the Rams could certainly do with a new QB, whether that is through the draft or free agency.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I don't know, maybe Bradford and McCoy's ratings have gone down this year, (I don't really pay attention to college football that much! But I know Bradford has been injured!) but I certainly think they will be off the board by pick 29, and I would still rate the lambs Rams as one of the teams most likely to pick one or other up, before the 29th pick comes around. They may well not, but I can't see in the modern mind set of the NFL, that 2 star QBs can be passed on by EVERY failing team in the NFL. And the Rams could certainly do with a new QB, whether that is through the draft or free agency.

There are more than 2 QBs in the draft who are acceptable. Bradford and McCoy are not the only ones available to be picked.

Today, we are all otaku.

There are more than 2 QBs in the draft who are acceptable. Bradford and McCoy are not the only ones available to be picked.

That may well be true enough, but we all know how most NFL GMs think, and picking a QB early tends to be one way.

Also I think that the idea that you don't want someone else to pick up the best QBs comes into the thinking somewhat.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Team Needs

BUF - TE / QB / OT / DE / RB/ OLB

TE isn't a pressing need for the Bills. Derek Schouman actually looked pretty good for the first 3 weeks before he was lost for the year. They just drafted Shawn Nelson last year, who like Schouman, has shown flashes of great talent but needs to stay healthy.

OT is the biggest need on the team. After they foolishly traded Peters and didn't find a replacement, they've been starting castoff journeymen and 7th round picks all year. They can't run or pass block to save their lives. The two guards taken this past year, Levitre and Wood, look like they could be anchors on the line for years. Now just need the bookends.

QB is another need but I don't know if this is the offseason they'll address it. After last year's 5-1 start and Peter King's 1st-Quarter-of-the-season MVP award, Trent Edwards has regressed horribly and now had his 2nd concussion in 13 months. I think they'll give him next year, his contract year, to prove himself.

DE was just addressed in this draft with Aaron Maybin in the first round. Hasn't shown much so far but he was labelled as a project to begin with, so it's too early to tell. Aaron Schobel, when healthy, is a top-10 DE in the NFL.

Where do you get that RB is an area of need? If anything it's the teams strength. Lynch and Jackson are a great 1-2 combo.

Other than QB and OT, Outside linebacker is the biggest area of need. Poz has the middle locked down, but they've been starting scrubs like Keith Ellison, Kawika Mitchell and Chris Draft far too long. A dead-last rank in rush defense is what you get.

As much as I would like to see the Lions take someone on the Defense in next years draft, I see them taking a offensive tackle in either the first or the second round. I would like to see a man out there that can protect Stafford so he can get the ball to Johnson and Johnson. The offense is a couple more Lineman away from being a great offensive squad.

I realize this is way off the radar, but I don't think GT RB Jonathan Dwyaer is coming out after this year. When the Jackets finish 4th in the nation, and lose ONE guy to the draft, they are gonna be pre-season top 5, with a chance at a NC. I think Dwyer would stay for that. Even if he doesnt, he's not a first round pick. I love him as my college RB, but I don't think he's a franchise guy at the NFL level. More of a Jerrious Norwood, Tashard Choice type guy.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

PS Jarius Byrd is gonna Be DROY

Yes, he has been amazing this year. Tied for the league lead in Interceptions, with 3 straight games of at least 2 interceptions. He better be in the running for DROY. However he is not even on the pro-bowl ballot right now.

I noticed that the other day when i was voting WTF!

They use to have a write-in catagory but they must have done away with it.

Thanks for the feedback from everybody.

The more info I can collect from fans of all the Teams the better feel I can get for all the teams.

Thus making better projections.

Hopefully I can get another Mock up in the coming weeks.

Archived