2010 NFL Mock Draft

tj4eck

Why the heck are the Rams spending $65 million on a spread QB with a twice-bum shoulder?

Yeah, I don't see Bradford as the first QB in the draft. I see Bradford going in the second half of the first round to a team like the Titans or Seahawks, somewhere where all he has to do is be a game manager. He is the most accurate QB in the draft with great touch.. you gotta watch that shoulder though, as he could turn into Chad Pennington 2.0

If you are looking for a QB going in the top 10, I see only 2 or 3 really strong contenders and the are all juniors:

1. Jake Locker

2. Jimmy Clausen

3. Jevan Snead

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IN:

2. STL - Sam Bradford - QB - Oklahoma

15. DEN (From CHI) - Jimmy Clausen - QB - Notre Dame

21. BAL - Morgan Burnett - SS - Georgia Tech

23. SEA (From DEN) - Ciron Black - OT - LSU

27. PIT - Anthony Davis - OT - Rutgers

28. NE - Marvin Austin - DT - North Carolina

29. CIN - Brandon Graham - DE - Michigan

31. IND - Sean Lee - ILB - Penn St.

OUT:

10. SEA - C.J. Spiller - RB - Clemson

20. NYG - Brandon LaFell - WR - LSU

21. ATL - Patrick Robinson - CB - Florida St.

23. ARZ - Jermaine Gresham - TE - Oklahoma

24. PHI - Eric Norwood - OLB - South Carolina

25. CIN - Everson Griffen - DE - USC

27. DAL - Earl Thomas - SS - Texas

28. NE - Jonathan Dwyer - RB - Georgia Tech

No particular reason this guys fell out it just happened that way.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

With a level of irony, I have to say that I don't see the Broncos drafting a QB, in the first round at least. Especially with the pick they traded for Cutler. Thats like admitting a mistake. Orton seems to be doing ok, and though i could perhaps see the Broncos finding a second round QB I can't see them jumping in for a QB that early.

But how can a team with an offense as bad as the Browns pick a safety? And is there any history of defensive backs being drafted that high? Ultimately, if the Browns have the number 1 pick, they HAVE to go either offensive line, or QB depending on how they want to go fixing the team.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Are there any good coaches coming out this year that the Eagles could draft? I'd say they should package their first two or three picks and try to move up to grab one of the top coaches.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hope you are wrong about Brandon Graham, and he falls to the Lions in the second, if they would be smart enough to draft him. If not, I hope he goes as high as possible. I would love to be able to see him in a Lions uniform. That is the one Wolverine who doesn't let up no matter what the score or who the competition. The Lions need a guy like that.

MegatronSig2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. CLE - Eric Berry - SS - Tennessee

2. STL - Jimmy Clausen - QB - Notre Dame

3. TB - Ndamukong Suh - DT - Nebraska

4. DET - Gerald McCoy - DT - Oklahoma

5. WAS - Russell Okung - OT - Oklahoma St.

6. KC - Sean Witherspoon - OLB - Missouri

7. BUF - Trent Williams - OT - Oklahoma

8. OAK - Taylor Mays - FS - USC

9. SEA - Jake Locker - QB - Washington

10. SF (From CAR) - Brandon Spikes - ILB - Florida

11. DEN (From CHI) - Rolondo McClain - ILB - Alabama

12. SF - Joe Haden - CB - Florida

13. HOU - Sergio Kindle - OLB - Texas

14. TEN - Greg Hardy - DE - Ole Miss

15. ATL - Patrick Robinson - CB - Florida St.

16. NYJ - Dez Bryant - WR - Oklahoma St.

17. MIA - Carlos Dunlap - DE - Florida

18. BAL - Desmon Briscoe - WR - Kansas

19. PIT - Earl Thomas - SS - Texas

20. JAX - Tim Tebow - QB - Florida

21. NYG - Brandon LaFell - WR - LSU

22. NE - Jahvid Best - RB - Cal

23. SEA (From DEN) - C.J. Spiller - RB - Clemson

24. DAL - Terrance Cody - DT - Alabama

25. ARZ - Bryan Bulaga - OT - Iowa

26. PHI - Mike Iupati - OG - Idaho

27. GB - Charles Brown - OT - USC

28. SD - Dan Williams - DT - Tennessee

29. CIN - Marvin Austin - DT - North Carolina

30. MIN - Jevan Snead - QB - Ole Miss

31. IND - Ras-I Dowling - CB/S - Virginia

32. NO - Jerry Hughes - DE/OLB - TCU

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

I second bigmike, Snead had a horrible year there are few QB's I'd take ahead of him.

How I see them

1 Jimmy Clausen

2 Jake Locker

3 Colt McCoy

4 Ryan Mallett

5 Sam Bradford

6 Tim Tebow

7 Tony Pike

8 Jevan Sneed

9 Dan LeFevour

I actually like LeFevour in the long term he'd be perfect for a team like Seattle or any team that aren't so sure on how long their current QB will play.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

We're not taking Mr. Bishie if Suh is on the board.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The only criticism of the first few picks here is that surely the Browns need offensive help before they go after defensemen. Never mind the fact that it is highly unlikely that a safety gets taken first overall. It will be interesting to see if the Browns even think about a QB. Still not convinced that the franchise sees Brady Quinn as the future. But if I were the Browns, I might go get some help on the offensive line.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The only criticism of the first few picks here is that surely the Browns need offensive help before they go after defensemen. Never mind the fact that it is highly unlikely that a safety gets taken first overall. It will be interesting to see if the Browns even think about a QB. Still not convinced that the franchise sees Brady Quinn as the future. But if I were the Browns, I might go get some help on the offensive line.

He's led the team to 23 and 36(?) points in 2 of the last 3 weeks. I've really liked the way BQ's played. Maybe a second-round running back is in order for this team.

6fQjS3M.png

He's led the team to 23 and 36(?) points in 2 of the last 3 weeks. I've really liked the way BQ's played. Maybe a second-round running back is in order for this team.

I'm not at all saying that Cleveland should get rid of Quinn, just not entirely convinced yet that the team see him as the future, and if they have the number 1 overall pick, they MIGHT perhaps take the opportunity to look at other QB options. Personally I think the Browns need to put all there money down on Quinn for a while a give him the opportunity to be the future of the franchise. But I do feel that its a team that needs offensive help, rather than defensive, at least as there top priority, and certainly its unlikely that whoever has the number 1 overall pick is going to take a safety.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I second bigmike, Snead had a horrible year there are few QB's I'd take ahead of him.

How I see them

1 Jimmy Clausen

2 Jake Locker

3 Colt McCoy

4 Ryan Mallett

5 Sam Bradford

6 Tim Tebow

7 Tony Pike

8 Jevan Sneed

9 Dan LeFevour

I actually like LeFevour in the long term he'd be perfect for a team like Seattle or any team that aren't so sure on how long their current QB will play.

Sorry dude I have to disagree with you...Jimmy Claussen is 3rd best on that list at best Locker and McCoy are better then him and I would even argue that a healthy Bradford is better too

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

No way in hell that Colt McCoy is a better pro than Jimmy Clausen. A healthy Bradford is saying a lot...that dude needs to put on some weight and learn how to protect himself a little better..but that dude is an NFL QB. Tim Tebow probably shouldn't be anywhere on that list. If a team takes Tebow and guys like Pike and LeFevour are on the board, they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

No way in hell that Colt McCoy is a better pro than Jimmy Clausen. A healthy Bradford is saying a lot...that dude needs to put on some weight and learn how to protect himself a little better..but that dude is an NFL QB. Tim Tebow probably shouldn't be anywhere on that list. If a team takes Tebow and guys like Pike and LeFevour are on the board, they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

To add to that...I've always been wary of QB's who've, for the most part, "had it easy" in college...just doesn't really seem to translate to NFL success. Take McCoy, for example. Most wins in college, an undefeated season (thus far)...but, for some reason, I just don't see him doing much at the next level. About Tim...I believe that not only should he not be on that list...he shouldn't even be anywhere near the list (unless Tony Sparano is having second thoughts about Pat White engineering the next-gen Wildcat down in Miami). Look at Matt Leinart...he basically had a red carpet rolled out for him at USC...now look at him (although most of his problems he brought on himself). Consider another guy who pretty much had it easy in college...Ken Dorsey. Dude rarely even got touched in college...where is he now? The common thread among these guys is that they all, for the most part, pretty much had it easy in college...but it just didn't translate (or hasn't, in some instances) into any kind of sustainable NFL success.

Now, about Bradford...my only qualm about him is the string of Oklahoma QBs who came before him--Knees McGrady (Jason White) and Josh Heupel...and the fact that one would probably have to do a good wikipedia search to find the last Oklahoma QB (NOT named Troy Aikman) who had any kind of success in the NFL. But, I do sorta agree with Greg in that he could possibly pan out if he put on some muscle, because right now I kinda view him as Brodie Croyle 2.0--a definite gamer, but smallish, and a bit brittle.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Personally I don't see the Steelers taking a safety with Clark and hopefully a healthy Polamalu next year, unless they pick a versatile safety that could play safety or corner. I think a cornerback or offensive lineman will be a first round pick for us. I could see us taking another defensive lineman before a safety, but who knows. I wish we had Casey "Big Snack" Hampton under wraps for a few more years so we couldve tried to package him with our first round pick, Limas Sweed,and some other draft picks to get Suh......zero chance especially since Hampton is a free agent after this year and probaly would have never been thought of anyway lol

Now that we have the one for the thumb, the other hand looks lonely........GO STEELERS

Archived