2010 NFL Mock Draft

tj4eck

1. STL - Ndamukong Suh - DT - Nebraska

2. CLE - Taylor Mays - FS - USC

3. KC - Sean Witherspoon - OLB - Missouri

4. DET - Gerald McCoy - DT - Oklahoma

5. TB - Greg Hardy - DE - Ole Miss

6. OAK - Dez Bryant - WR - Oklahoma St.

7. WAS - Russell Okung - OT - Oklahoma St.

8. TEN - Eric Berry - SS - Tennessee

9. BUF - Desmon Briscoe - WR - Kansas

10. SEA - C.J. Spiller - RB - Clemson

11. SF (From CAR) - Carlos Dunlap - DE - Florida

12. SF - Trent Williams - OT - Oklahoma

13. MIA - Sergio Kindle - OLB - Texas

14. JAX - Brandon Spikes - ILB - Florida

15. NYJ - Corey Wootton - DE - Northwestern

16. GB - Bryan Bulaga - OT - Iowa

17. BAL - Arrelious Benn - WR - Illinois

18. DEN (From CHI) - Rolando McClain - ILB - Alabama

19. HOU - Terrence Cody - DT - Alabama

20. NYG - Brandon LaFell - WR - LSU

21. ATL - Patrick Robinson - CB - Florida St.

22. SD - Jahvid Best - RB - Cal

23. ARZ - Jermaine Gresham - TE - Oklahoma

24. PHI - Eric Norwood - OLB - South Carolina

25. CIN - Everson Griffen - DE - USC

26. PIT - Kam Chancellor - FS - Virginia Tech

27. DAL - Earl Thomas - SS - Texas

28. NE - Jonathan Dwyer - RB - Georgia Tech

29. SEA (From DEN) - Jake Locker - QB - Washington

30. MIN - Colt McCoy - QB - Texas

31. IND - Joe Hayden - CB - Florida

32. NO - Jerry Hughes - DE/OLB - TCU

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STL, CLE, TB, OAK, WAS, BUF, and maybe TEN all need a QB. I can't believe there won't be a QB taken until 29!

CLE, TB, OAK, TEN all have young first round picks at the quarterback position, and the Bills have a second rounder playing QB. They're not gonna give up on those players that quickly. While they could all use upgrades the draft isn't the place to do it for those teams.

The Seahawks won't draft and RB either. Jones and Forsett are a decent tandem, and the Hawks need some depth and youth on their o-line.

Trust me, the Bills need a QB. Trent has injury problems and is scared to throw the ball down the field. Not only that, but he has never had a 300 yard passing game in his 3 year career. Bills fans want a new QB and I believe they will get one in the offseason through FA or the draft. If they go through the draft hopefully they get Locker or Mallett (if he comes out). I do not think Tebow, McCoy or Bradford will be successful in the NFL.

However if they do not fall to the Bills slot, I can see the Bills taking somebody in the mid rounds from 3-5. Maybe somebody like Dan Lefevour from CMU.

saBS.png

STL, CLE, TB, OAK, WAS, BUF, and maybe TEN all need a QB. I can't believe there won't be a QB taken until 29!

CLE, TB, OAK, TEN all have young first round picks at the quarterback position, and the Bills have a second rounder playing QB. They're not gonna give up on those players that quickly. While they could all use upgrades the draft isn't the place to do it for those teams.

The Seahawks won't draft and RB either. Jones and Forsett are a decent tandem, and the Hawks need some depth and youth on their o-line.

The Browns certainly will take a QB if one of the stars is available. I find it difficult to believe that Rams would pass up a QB if they had the number 1 pick. The 'Skins at 7 would take a QB if one were available as well. I am not sure that the Seahawks would pass up McCoy or Bradford at 10. The 49ers might look at a QB if they were falling. There is no way that a QB doesn't get picked until pick 29. None at all.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The Browns certainly will take a QB if one of the stars is available. I find it difficult to believe that Rams would pass up a QB if they had the number 1 pick. The 'Skins at 7 would take a QB if one were available as well. I am not sure that the Seahawks would pass up McCoy or Bradford at 10. The 49ers might look at a QB if they were falling. There is no way that a QB doesn't get picked until pick 29. None at all.

The Rams have many holes elsewhere to plug. Holes that, if you see more of a sure thing to plug them with in the draft, the team will opt to do so. When you're paying out $70 million, making sure you get a star who will pan out is more important than getting the top QB in a class without certified stars.

Also, the last QB who signed a contract that big in St. Louis became the local Antichrist the day he signed it. Those with pattern recognition might not want to put a rookie in that situation.

Anyway, this is a roundabout way of saying that I think Suh would probably get a long, hard look by the Rams if they pick in this position. He fits Spagnuolo's defensive system perfectly, the QB class, while lacking stars, is still deep enough to find a perfectly functional one in round 2, and if the Rams were to build a dominating defense (which they are closer to doing), they now need a lot less in the QB department.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

rams, you may have a point, but the Rams especially, passed over one or two serviceable QBs this year, I am not sure a struggling franchise without a QB can afford to do that too often. I guess a lot might depend on which QBs are around in free agency as well.

My point is not entirely that the teams I listed definitely will pick a QB, but that I just don't see guys like McCoy and Bradford falling all that way done the draft. It would be stoopid for guys like Stafford, Sanchez and Freeman to be round 1 picks, and a guy like Bradford to fall out of the first round.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Cleveland, Tampa, Tennessee and Oakland won't be taking a quarterback in the first round next year. They should, but they won't because they've all recently taken a QB in the 1st round.

You can also add Denver to that list. It would be wise if the Broncos made a run at getting a top-notch QB in the 2010 draft (perhaps OU's Sam Bradford, if fully healed). They aren't going to sniff the Super Bowl as long as Kyle Orton is under center.

6uXNWAo.png

Cleveland, Tampa, Tennessee and Oakland won't be taking a quarterback in the first round next year. They should, but they won't because they've all recently taken a QB in the 1st round.

You can also add Denver to that list. It would be wise if the Broncos made a run at getting a top-notch QB in the 2010 draft (perhaps OU's Sam Bradford, if fully healed). They aren't going to sniff the Super Bowl as long as Kyle Orton is under center.

I think Cleveland might take a QB in round 1. I don't think the franchise were sold on Brady Quinn, but he fell into there lap a bit. My guess is that a guy that they like is available, they will have little choice but to snap up a QB.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Why the hell would the Bills take a WR?

We have far, FAR greater needs. Like QB, OT, LB just to start.

If only we could draft a new owner, GM and Head Coach too.

1. It's WAAAAY too early for this. :wacko:

2. But while we're here, thanks for the de facto endorsement of the Saints as SB champs by having them draft at 32. :D

3. Sam Bradford will go in the first round, certainly before McCoy since Bradford is far more of a prototypical NFL QB.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I think Cleveland might take a QB in round 1. I don't think the franchise were sold on Brady Quinn, but he fell into there lap a bit. My guess is that a guy that they like is available, they will have little choice but to snap up a QB.

While Cleveland seems desperate enough to "clean house", which they've already begun by cleansing themselves of Braylon Edwards and their GM, they won't give up on Quinn. It's just too soon to bail on a first round quarterback/the team's future (Just ask San Francisco and Oakland). I think he gets one more year to prove himself before the Browns kick him to the curb for another top round quarterback.

6uXNWAo.png

While Cleveland seems desperate enough to "clean house", which they've already begun by cleansing themselves of Braylon Edwards and their GM, they won't give up on Quinn. It's just too soon to bail on a first round quarterback/the team's future (Just ask San Francisco and Oakland). I think he gets one more year to prove himself before the Browns kick him to the curb for another top round quarterback.

Haven't they already pretty much bailed on Quinn? They have never treated him like a star QB. Derek Anderson is currently listed as starter, Quinn is in his 3rd year and he has started 6 games. In his career I mean. Thats not a franchise showing confidence in their QB. He has 3 career touchdown passes. (Compared to 5 career interceptions). And if you think Anderson is the Browns' answer, he has 2 touchdown passes in 5 starts this year, and 9 interceptions. Like it or not they need help under center.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Minnesota would draft Bradford over McOoy. He's more of prototype QB for the system and can throw the long ball for Rice, Harvin, and Berrian. He'd be set perfect in the vikings system. They'd be loaded all over on both sides of the ball then, plus if Favre stays another year or so that can only help Sam become a better QB.

spacer.png

2. But while we're here, thanks for the de facto endorsement of the Saints as SB champs by having them draft at 32. :D

3. Sam Bradford will go in the first round, certainly before McCoy since Bradford is far more of a prototypical NFL QB.

I know we cool and all, Russ, and I know that you're a Sooners fan by marriage, which is perfectly cool and all, BUT...I'll pose this question once more:

Who was the last Oklahoma QB who did anything in the NFL? (And no...Troy Aikman don't count, before anyone asks. :D )

Not to mention OU's recent QB track record does Sammy boy no favors, either...

Let me also say this--and this is my own personal view: QB is the absolute most OVERRATED position in the NFL, possibly in all of sports. A team can have the best QB in the world, but if his receivers don't know how to run their routes and/or get open (or actually CATCH the ball), they do the QB no favors. Even more important than that, if the O-line can't protect the passer, that also does the QB no favors. And if the team's offense has no running game to speak of...sound the death knell, because that, more than often, is any QB's safety net. Ask Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan.

This is why I get so peeved when people say teams with horrid offenses absolutely need to draft a QB...in the first round, no less. Nah...what teams need to look at more is building a quality line, and not only that, but developing quality depth on the line. Get a good line that can run-block and pass protect...they got a good thing going. (Not to mentions teams can save a little bit of $$$ by not having to shell it all out for the high-profile glamour position.) Now..I ain't saying a QB ain't important...but far too often that's the first place folks look when things are going wrong with a team's offense, almost as if it'll be a cure-all for offensive woes.

Final piece to support my argument? Two, actually...the 2000 Baltimore Ravens (who was their QB again?), and one Tom Brady...sixth-round draft choice, three Super Bowl rings (since folks judge the best by the bling around here so often ^_^ ).

And this is just my two rusted Lincolns.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If Josh Freeman shows the poise he showed on Sunday, then the Bucs don't need a QB for a long time and have a steal. Just watching the highlights, he has good footwork and looks good. But of course, those were the highlights. I need to see him over a full game to get a better feel for him.

I do also agree with Bucco on QB's are over-rated. Trent Dilfer proved that with a Super Bowl win with the Ravens. It's the "star" position. I don't know what other position in another sport has the hype over it that QB does in basketball. Maybe center in basketball, especially now that the game has changed to a more guard oriented game.

I know we cool and all, Russ, and I know that you're a Sooners fan by marriage, which is perfectly cool and all, BUT...I'll pose this question once more:

Who was the last Oklahoma QB who did anything in the NFL? (And no...Troy Aikman don't count, before anyone asks. :D )

Not to mention OU's recent QB track record does Sammy boy no favors, either...

Let me also say this--and this is my own personal view: QB is the absolute most OVERRATED position in the NFL, possibly in all of sports. A team can have the best QB in the world, but if his receivers don't know how to run their routes and/or get open (or actually CATCH the ball), they do the QB no favors. Even more important than that, if the O-line can't protect the passer, that also does the QB no favors. And if the team's offense has no running game to speak of...sound the death knell, because that, more than often, is any QB's safety net. Ask Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan.

This is why I get so peeved when people say teams with horrid offenses absolutely need to draft a QB...in the first round, no less. Nah...what teams need to look at more is building a quality line, and not only that, but developing quality depth on the line. Get a good line that can run-block and pass protect...they got a good thing going. (Not to mentions teams can save a little bit of $$$ by not having to shell it all out for the high-profile glamour position.) Now..I ain't saying a QB ain't important...but far too often that's the first place folks look when things are going wrong with a team's offense, almost as if it'll be a cure-all for offensive woes.

Final piece to support my argument? Two, actually...the 2000 Baltimore Ravens (who was their QB again?), and one Tom Brady...sixth-round draft choice, three Super Bowl rings (since folks judge the best by the bling around here so often ^_^ ).

I don't disagree with any of that. To me, pressure on the QB is very underrated as a factor in winning and losing. Name a QB, and I'll just go with the ones playing now, but say the Manning boys, Brady, Brees, Palmer, Ryan, Big Ben...they all get very, very average when under constant pressure. It seems so obvious but if you listen to the experts, they're all talking turnover ratio, running the ball, blah blah. Those things are obviously important but protecting your own QB and getting to the other team's will win you a LOT of games. An average QB behind a great line will win more games than a great QB behind a horrible line. Which is what you said. B)

As for Sam Bradford, if there's been an OU QB built for NFL success, it's him. Smart, competitive, good size...the only question so far is his durability and time will tell on that.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The reason NFL experts say teams need to draft QB's in the first round is two-fold.

-Obviously, you can draft/sign a lot more O-linemen, and their blocking techniques in college are similar to those in the NFL. You can get away with drafting O-linemen in the lower rounds and still get max-production from them.

-There will always be fewer top-notch QB's than there are top-notch OL's. Yeah, you will have QB busts in the NFL, but the same can be said for OL's. How's Robert Gallery working out for the Raiders? The QB position is important because it relies on intelligence, skill-set, and intangibles. Not many guys have these things. Yeah, QB's are just one of 22 guys playing a majority of the game, but they're also the ones with the footballs in their hands, and are expected to lead their team down the field.

The main reason Brady was taken in the 6th-round was because he wasn't starting many games in college. And yes, Dilfer QB'ed a team to a Super Bowl victory, with his only job was to not turn the ball over.

However, the Steelers just won the Super Bowl last season, with what many believed to have had an average...or below-average....offensive line. The Falcons entered 2008 with an offensive line folks believed was average at best...and they made the playoffs.

Haven't they already pretty much bailed on Quinn? They have never treated him like a star QB. Derek Anderson is currently listed as starter, Quinn is in his 3rd year and he has started 6 games. In his career I mean. Thats not a franchise showing confidence in their QB. He has 3 career touchdown passes. (Compared to 5 career interceptions). And if you think Anderson is the Browns' answer, he has 2 touchdown passes in 5 starts this year, and 9 interceptions. Like it or not they need help under center.

Brady Quinn has what? 6 starts?

If Mangini is still in Cleveland they're going to trade the pick... again. He gave up on Quinn after Week 3 when he could have had a quarterback in this draft.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived