Olympic Jerseys

kiwi_canadian

Sweden and Slovakia. Closer to perfect than any of the rest. (But love that USA third. Why not just make that the jersey, then make a version in blue, and have the best unis in the Olympics?) Major points to Russia for using Cyrillic. And a match disqual to China for not using Chinese characters. What, they're worried that fans won't recognize that the team of Asian dudes in red and yellow jerseys with Chinese writing are from China? (And how does China get to the hockey Olympics in the first place? Just to keep things real, Russia ought to be moved to the Asia group. Or some North American millionaire hockey fan really needs to throw some cash at the Mongolian hockey program to make Mongolia, not China, the Asian powerhouse.)

Canada looks mighty fine as well, but you sort of expect Canada to have really nice hockey jerseys. And I'm so bothered by the colored armpits that I can't join the Germany bandwagon, even though I usually really like German international-team uniforms.

But the really important question is whether all Olympic hockey players have double-jointed elbows, or will the team doctor have to break each player's arms to fit into those sleeves?

20082614447.png

A lot of them are terrible, but I there's something about the Swiss' jersey that I love.

I think you are way off. I absolutely love most of these jerseys. They did a great job with a TON of these. I love Germany, Swiss, Slovakia, Sweden, Belarus.

A lot of them are terrible, but I there's something about the Swiss' jersey that I love.

I think you are way off. I absolutely love most of these jerseys. They did a great job with a TON of these. I love Germany, Swiss, Slovakia, Sweden, Belarus.

I agree they're all good uniforms, and they'd all have to be since they came from the same template. So many of them are really similar, the only differences are a stripe here, one missing there, and then of course the differences in colors and logos.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Aside from China and the Czech Republic, most are pretty good. Still not a fan on the shoulder lay out for Team Canada. I'm still wishing they pull a last minute change and go with the '72 inspired jerseys that the Juniors wore a year or so back.

I know, won't happen but would still be frickin sweet!

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Aside from China and the Czech Republic, most are pretty good. Still not a fan on the shoulder lay out for Team Canada. I'm still wishing they pull a last minute change and go with the '72 inspired jerseys that the Juniors wore a year or so back.

I know, won't happen but would still be frickin sweet!

-Dan

Agreed. I'm not a fan of the new Team Canada logo at all.

Germany and USA are my favorite jerseys. Then Swededn would be third, I've always liked their jerseys. And I'm not forgetting Canada, their jerseys are fourth for me. There is something about the shoulders on the white that I don't like and the red jersey almost seems too red with the crest also being red.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Are the women wearing the same jerseys as the men? I ask because China only qualified for the women's hockey tournament. I'm pretty sure a good beer league team could beat the China men's hockey team.

I believe so. Thus why there is China and 13 countries.

Things that stood out to me were;

The big difference in striping between the Finland home and away that no other set has going on. The blue road with it's simpler stripes seems a lot better with the throwback crest than the more modern white jersey.

Despite the outpouring of love for the Germany jersey, nothing will ever, ever beat their flawless 2005 jerseys.

germany.jpg

No third jersey cash grab from Canada? What the hell? That's not like them.

Norway will look good going down to defeat.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived