Rhinos

MikePho3niX

The black outline is either too thick, or you need to get rid of the white and grey outlines. I would look at not having the black out line around the horn, so it appears that the horn is breaking the circle around the rhino's head. You also need to work a bit more on the head, as the horn is the only thing letting us know it is a rhino. Without the horn the head kind of looks like that mutant snapper turtle from the second TMNT movie (the one where Vanilla Ice "raps").

Good start though. Keep going.

It looks so much better than the first one, and in such a short amount of time. great job. The only thing I'd say is give the horn the grey outline, that's just my opinion, I think it would look better. Second, I think you should drop the shadow on the eye, I think it's fine without it.

As for colors, I think the top right, or the Nashville colors. Good job.

I think the horn looks awkward only because there is only one. The rhinos with the longest horn in the wild have two. This rhino would be an Indian or Sumatran rhino and they only have one, short horn. Look for pics of Black or White Rhinos. Keep tweaking!

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Very nice! The update you posted sure added depth. I don't mind the extra large horn at all. It doesn't look out of place. The mouth looks a little odd though how it comes to 3 points. Do Rhinos mouths look like that? I don't know. For the colors, I like the bottom right.

Keep up the great work!

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Very nice. My initial reaction to the first one was that it looked like some sort of "hip hop" rhino. Like Gorillaz meets Ecko. The subtle adjustments for round 2 worked out quite well. Kudos.

The lightning bolt shape in the face is way too heavy. It pulls my attention away from the rest of the rhino, which you probably don't want. It also almost doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose. Removing that, or at the very least, making it thinner, would improve this a lot, IMO. Other than that, it looks nice, and you already made a huge improvement from the initial version.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I reckon the horn needs to be a different colour to the body. You could use the body colour as shading on it but it needs to be a separate entity. It is horn after all and not skin and bone like the rest of the head. I also agree that the lightening bolt is too heavy on the face. It doesn't seem to follow the natural shape of the head or highlight any natural jawbone or cheekbone shape either which doesn't help it flow with the rest of the logo. I agree that area needs something but I'm not convinced that the lightening bolt is the right shape for the job.

Update version is far better than the original, the eye in particular is a huge upgrade. Good work so far cant wait to see it finished.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

good start...

suggestions...

lose the lightning bolt on the side of the face

thicken up the interior line thicknesses...you can tell when it is at a smalll size, they get too thin - compare the exterior black circle line thickness to the area around the eye... most all logos are shown at smaller sizes, so design it for THAT size.

lose the "shadow color" - all of that can be achieved by your darkest color and colored highlights in the dark areas

thicken up the highlights as well...the width/thickness under the front horn is what you want to achieve everywhere else

potenetial to me a very nice rhino graphic/logo

footer_helmet.gif

Thanks Josh for you comments.

Here is the update and color combos.

Rhinos-1.jpg

RhinoColors.jpg

That's a sexy rhino. I like it, and I'll second the grey/blue version as being the best. Now please, for the sake of decent design everywhere, send this to the Rochester Rhinos in hopes that they replace either of their horrible logos with it!

I also like the blue/grey rhino the best. The only suggestion I can think of is maybe move the head up a bit so that the rhino's left ear also breaks the inner circle like the right ear does, and it will add a little more negative space under the rhino's chin which i think will balance it out a bit. Looks great though!

1st Down Creative saying that you should lose the "lightning bolt" on the face made me think...this would be a great new take on the San Diego Chargers. Why can't a rhino be the charging thing? We've all seen the Charger's logos with a horse, but does the NFL really need another horse? I think not. A fresh look at the chargers as rhinos would be great, imho.

Oh, and beautiful logo. The only thing bothering me is the neck area, it seems like you've got 1 or 2 too many lines in there. I'd say combine a few or get rid of a few.

Archived