New Era 5950 MLB/Football Crossovers

TFoA

Link

Pretty interesting styles going on here, I may have to buy the Braves hat, maybe even...

ir6yb5.png

:wub:

Bucco should TOTALLY use that as his avatar B)

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Gosh forbid they make a Reds cap in Black and Orange.

Umm---this one?

http://www.lids.com/pid/20147690

Umm---that's navy and orange, not black and orange.

You can tell, because right below the picture it says, "Color: Navy/Orange".

Besides, a proper Bengals cap would be orange with a black wishbone C.

Correct. New Era made a black with orange C version for the Bengals last year (along with this Bears version). Like you, I commented then that the minor differences between the navy Reds cap and real Bears caps were so small that is made this look like a knockoff. I don't know why they didn't use the Cubs cap as a base for the Bears. I wouldn't have bought it as a White Sox fan, but I am not really sure I would buy one of these, anyway.

On another note, that Tampa Bay hat gives me the warm fuzzies.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

This is such a great idea and New Era has found a way to fk it up again. I can't say I'm really surprised to not see a green & gold version of the BiG, but it's especially hilarious when they made one for the series where they crossed over with other MLB teams (the hat in question was technically a Brewers/A's crossover). Last time the "Packers" hat was a green version of the Pirates... but not only was the green closer to what the Celtics wear, did they honestly think that Packers fans (who tend to also be Brewers fans) really wanted to wear the logo of a division rival?

This is such a great idea and New Era has found a way to fk it up again. I can't say I'm really surprised to not see a green & gold version of the BiG, but it's especially hilarious when they made one for the series where they crossed over with other MLB teams (the hat in question was technically a Brewers/A's crossover). Last time the "Packers" hat was a green version of the Pirates... but not only was the green closer to what the Celtics wear, did they honestly think that Packers fans (who tend to also be Brewers fans) really wanted to wear the logo of a division rival?

It is pretty obvious, they are only doing matches where the hat has letter(s) on it which match up to the football team. It isn't matching up by city/region, only by letters. The MB of the ball in glove doesn't mean anything for the Packers. It is dumb, but at least the Pirates hat has a P on it. It is the same reason why they don't recolor the White Sox cap for the Bears or Chief Wahoo for the Browns. It wouldn't make sense. Although, it would be interesting to see the Orioles cap recolored to make the bird look like a Raven.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

most of the color combos don't make sense

Which ones don't make sense?

A few of them are not tied to the city...they are tied to the team initials (i.e. AZ Cardinals/Atlanta Braves, Baltimore Ravens/Boston Red Sox, Chicago Bears/Cincinnati Reds)

The rest of them make perfect sense.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It is pretty obvious, they are only doing matches where the hat has letter(s) on it which match up to the football team. It isn't matching up by city/region, only by letters. The MB of the ball in glove doesn't mean anything for the Packers. It is dumb, but at least the Pirates hat has a P on it. It is the same reason why they don't recolor the White Sox cap for the Bears or Chief Wahoo for the Browns. It wouldn't make sense. Although, it would be interesting to see the Orioles cap recolored to make the bird look like a Raven.

I get what New Era was/is trying to do... I'm just saying they're probably sell many more hats if they'd simply make them in the colors of the football team from the same area. For me, the only appeal of this series is the possibility of owning one hat that shows my civic loyalty to the Packers and Brewers. I'm not gonna buy a recolored version of the hat of a bseball team I care nothing about just because they happen to share an initial with the Packers. If the initial meant that much to me, I'd just buy a Packers hat.

I get what New Era was/is trying to do... I'm just saying they're probably sell many more hats if they'd simply make them in the colors of the football team from the same area. For me, the only appeal of this series is the possibility of owning one hat that shows my civic loyalty to the Packers and Brewers. I'm not gonna buy a recolored version of the hat of a bseball team I care nothing about just because they happen to share an initial with the Packers. If the initial meant that much to me, I'd just buy a Packers hat.

Agreed - especially when the Pirates' initial is so distinctively "theirs". Nobody's going to look at that Pirates cap and think it's anything but a re-colored Pirates cap.

If New Era hasn't gotten it, Twins Enterprise sure has. You can buy these from MLB:

pMLB2-5795497dt.jpg pMLB2-5832859dt.jpg

Just a few quick mock-ups...

Brewers/Packers

ade1cw.jpg

Rangers/Cowboys

9gkdpt.jpg

Mets/Jets

335fpxz.jpg

Rockies/Broncos

2tudw.jpg

The problem with most of those (the Mets/Jets one is the exception) is that they don't work as team hats for the NFL teams they're suppose to represent.

That's why a black and purple Red Sox hat works. It fits the Baltimore Ravens much more then it does the Patriots, even in the original navy and red colours.

Archived