Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

What role do Conference USA schools play in all of this? Consider what would happen if, say, UCF, East Carolina, Houston and Southern Miss joined up with the remnants of the Big 12 (Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor and Iowa State) and the Big East (Louisville, Cincinnati, TCU, South Florida). You might have something like this:

Eastern Division

Central Florida

Cincinnati

East Carolina

Louisville

South Florida

Southern Miss

Western Division

Baylor

Houston

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas State

TCU

Not ideal, but IMO better than the mishmash the C*USA or Big East currently are. Also, it'd give both sides a chance to have a championship game (in Chicago, perhaps?) which is currently not possible in either the Big 12 or Big East.

What role do Conference USA schools play in all of this? Consider what would happen if, say, UCF, East Carolina, Houston and Southern Miss joined up with the remnants of the Big 12 (Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor and Iowa State) and the Big East (Louisville, Cincinnati, Rutgers, South Florida). You might have something like this:

Eastern Division

Central Florida

Cincinnati

East Carolina

Louisville

Rutgers

South Florida

Western Division

Baylor

Houston

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas State

Southern Miss

Not ideal, but certainly better than the mishmash the C*USA or Big East currently are.

Pretty reasonable. Basically a replay of 2003 where CUSA gets raided to fill out. The question here is since you have Rutgers in this what happens to UConn?

UCF and USF aren't going to get taken by an AQ conference.

USF's already in an AQ conference... for now, anyway.

I was talking about in the future, because the Big East collapse is going to cost them their place at the table. They may end up in the Big 12-Big East mash up, but I don't think that will be AQ.

If Mizzou, Kansas, K-State, Iowa State, Baylor, Cincinnati, Louisville and TCU along with USF are in it, then it probably will be. But I'm not so sure a few of those key schools won't be picked up by another conference.

There is no way in hell Baylor is going to be in an AQ conference after the Big XII collapses.

If they stay with the 4 other Big XII schools, along with the 4 Big East schools, then yeah. If Mizzou goes somewhere, as does Louisviile from the Big East, then no.

What role do Conference USA schools play in all of this? Consider what would happen if, say, UCF, East Carolina, Houston and Southern Miss joined up with the remnants of the Big 12 (Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor and Iowa State) and the Big East (Louisville, Cincinnati, Rutgers, South Florida). You might have something like this:

Eastern Division

Central Florida

Cincinnati

East Carolina

Louisville

South Florida

Southern Miss

Western Division

Baylor

Houston

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas State

TCU

Not ideal, but certainly better than the mishmash the C*USA or Big East currently are.

Pretty reasonable. Basically a replay of 2003 where CUSA gets raided to fill out. The question here is since you have Rutgers in this what happens to UConn?

On second thought, I swapped out Rutgers for TCU - IMO, they'd move to a conference with Baylor and Houston if it was an AQ. In this scenario, Rutgers stays with the rest of the Big East basketball schools whereever they end up (same conference or a new one) and goes football-only in another conference, probably the MAC.

In any case, I think UConn is ACC-bound. No sense in staying in a conference that's as unstable as the Big East when you can easily fit into a conference that will still give you a AQ opportunity in football and has as great or greater basketball prestige as the Big East.

I was talking about in the future, because the Big East collapse is going to cost them their place at the table. They may end up in the Big 12-Big East mash up, but I don't think that will be AQ.

If Mizzou, Kansas, K-State, Iowa State, Baylor, Cincinnati, Louisville and TCU along with USF are in it, then it probably will be. But I'm not so sure a few of those key schools won't be picked up by another conference.

There is no way in hell Baylor is going to be in an AQ conference after the Big XII collapses.

If they stay with the 4 other Big XII schools, along with the 4 Big East schools, then yeah. If Mizzou goes somewhere, as does Louisviile from the Big East, then no.

I think MIzzou goes to the Big Ten and Louisville goes to the SEC. Even so, Baylor brings nothing to the table. For one, they are a small, private school in the middle of Texas. Two, they have very little to bring forward in terms of sports. And three, they are a religious university, which makes them poison to the B1G and Pac-12/16. That means only the SEC and ACC would accept them, which, at this point, if laughable. That, and their fanbase absolutely sucks.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I think MIzzou goes to the Big Ten and Louisville goes to the SEC. Even so, Baylor brings nothing to the table. For one, they are a small, private school in the middle of Texas. Two, they have very little to bring forward in terms of sports. And three, they are a religious university, which makes them poison to the B1G and Pac-12/16. That means only the SEC and ACC would accept them, which, at this point, if laughable. That, and their fanbase absolutely sucks.

Yeah they don't bring much. But they do have better basketball and football programs than UCF.

Yeah they don't bring much. But they do have better basketball and football programs than UCF.

Actually, no they don't.

UCF

Since 2005: 8-5, 4-8, 10-4, 4-8, 8-5, 11-3

Baylor

Since 2005: 5-6, 4-8, 3-9, 4-8, 4-8, 7-6

UCF

Since 2005: 14-15, 22-9, 16-15, 17-14, 15-17, 21-12

Baylor

Since 2005: 4-13, 15-16, 21-11, 24-15, 28-8, 18-13,

I will admit, Baylor had a period between 2007-2009 where they were pretty successful. But for the most part, they've been pretty pathetic. UCF also has Marcus Jordan, and is trending upward, and has a nice new arena. Bottom line, Baylor is trending even at best, and UCF is rising rapidly.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Actually, no they don't.

UCF

Baylor

UCF

Baylor

I will admit, Baylor had a period between 2007-2009 where they were pretty successful. But for the most part, they've been pretty pathetic. UCF also has Marcus Jordan, and is trending upward, and has a nice new arena. Bottom line, Baylor is trending even at best, and UCF is rising rapidly.

Baylor has one of the top recruiting classes and are probably a preseason top 10 pick.

Actually, no they don't.

UCF

Baylor

UCF

Baylor

Baylor has one of the top recruiting classes and are probably a preseason top 10 pick.

I'm talking about overall as a university.

I'm talking about overall as a university.

For all your talk about UCF being a rising school, it's worth noting Baylor's like 100 spots ahead of them. And yeah, their basketball and football on the rise doesn't hurt either

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/baylor-university-6967

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Spleen why do you always start arguements, then when you're proved wrong you say "I was talking about ____"

Umm, because I was talking about as a whole?

I will admit, I did not know that they had a good recruiting class, but may I point out, good recruiting does not always equal wins.

Like I said before, the fact that they are a small, private, religious school is going to factor into which conference they go into.

This isn't the first time you've done that. But I'm still laughing at you bringing up Marcus Jordan, Perry would sh1t all over him, and anyone else at UCF

As a whole university, or however else you want to look at it, Baylor>UCF

Evidence?

This isn't the first time you've done that. But I'm still laughing at you bringing up Marcus Jordan, Perry would sh1t all over him, and anyone else at UCF

As a whole university, or however else you want to look at it, Baylor>UCF

I've been to both universities and I think UCF has a little more eye candy. But, then again, when you have over 28,000 females at a school, there's bound to be some lookers.