Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

Evidence of the contrary?

Have you completely ignored all of my posts?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

This isn't the first time you've done that. But I'm still laughing at you bringing up Marcus Jordan, Perry would sh1t all over him, and anyone else at UCF

As a whole university, or however else you want to look at it, Baylor>UCF

I've been to both universities and I think UCF has a little more eye candy. But, then again, when you have over 28,000 females at a school, there's bound to be some lookers.

Well with Baylor, *INSERT APPROPRIATE BAPTIST STEREOTYPES HERE*

That helps explain it as well.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Big 10 needs to stop sitting idly by. If Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are all on the cusp of joining the Pac12, Texas A&M and West Virginia are pushing to join the SEC, and Pitt and Syracuse are ALREADY gone to the ACC, the Big 10 needs to start making a push.

I think them not not going after Mizzou could really back fire. I always thought that West Virginia, Virginia, and Virginia Tech could be nice potential pick ups, but if those are the 3 rumored to want to join the SEC to make a 16 Team Conference, then the Big 10 is going to run out of options. I don't think Rutgers and Maryland is there best option at this point.

Maryland's a strong athletic department that would help them grow BTN. As much as I've advocated against it in this thread, the B1G should probably pursue Missouri at this point, though.

I don't see how its a bad idea. Mizzou, at the end of the year, has a ranked football team and usually a highly seated basketball team during March Madness. They bring the Kansas City and St. Louis markets, which sure, are inhabited by Nebraska fans... but the way the Big Ten Network contract is constructed, they get a lot bigger piece of the pie when they have a team in that state.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Read on Twitter that if Texas back out of PAC, which is not speculated to happen at this time, Mizzou would replace them. Not sure how I feel about that. Yeah it'd be good to have the stability, but that many games 2-hours behind? I'd rather they go east if anything, but I guess I'd take it.

Mizzou is just trying to latch on to any conference that will take them at this point. Don't think the Pac12 is the best move for Mizzou. Not just because I'm in Big 10 country, but because I think the Big 10 fits competitively, academically, geographically, and in both Basketball and Football.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Maryland's a strong athletic department that would help them grow BTN.

How many schools in the B1G play lacrosse?

Oh, I almost forgot to mention Maryland's athletic department is flat broke, nobody at UM cares about football, and they don't have the tradition of a school like Indiana to make up for it in basketball.

Mizzou is just trying to latch on to any conference that will take them at this point. Don't think the Pac12 is the best move for Mizzou. Not just because I'm in Big 10 country, but because I think the Big 10 fits competitively, academically, geographically, and in both Basketball and Football.

It wasn't Mizzou latching on. They're actually being sought out. Not the top choices but definitely in the mix for 3 different conferences.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention Maryland's athletic department is flat broke, nobody at UM cares about football, and they don't have the tradition of a school like Indiana to make up for it in basketball.

They DO have basketball tradition and the founder of Under Armour is an alumn.

Maryland's basketball tradition is a fraction of Indiana's basketball tradition. Maryland isn't a blue-blood by any stretch of the imagination.

It's still telling when Kevin Plank is your personal ATM and you still have a $1.2 million budget shortfall in the athletic department. Maryland's ADs Debbie Yow and Kevin Anderson have botched the football situation to where they're basically paying Ralph Friedgen $2 million a year to watch the Terps play on TV, or provide color commentary, or whatever it is Fridge is doing these days.

The only advantage I'd see for any other school in the B1G in Maryland joining is Penn State finally getting a real rival in football. Maryland students and alumni have been begging and pleading with the AD to schedule a game with Penn State. UM-PSU in football is a big deal here, even though it has been decades since they last played.

Maryland's basketball tradition is a fraction of Indiana's basketball tradition. Maryland isn't a blue-blood by any stretch of the imagination.

It's still telling when Kevin Plank is your personal ATM and you still have a $1.2 million budget shortfall in the athletic department. Maryland's ADs Debbie Yow and Kevin Anderson have botched the football situation to where they're basically paying Ralph Friedgen $2 million a year to watch the Terps play on TV, or provide color commentary, or whatever it is Fridge is doing these days.

The only advantage I'd see for any other school in the B1G in Maryland joining is Penn State finally getting a real rival in football. Maryland students and alumni have been begging and pleading with the AD to schedule a game with Penn State. UM-PSU in football is a big deal here, even though it has been decades since they last played.

If Maryland does jump, Plank is gonna have to bust out his checkbook again. The ACC raised its exit fee to $20M last week.

Michigan is adding varsity men's this season (women's in 13-14), Northwestern has women's and competes in the American Lacrosse Conference, Ohio State has men's (competing in the Great West Lacrosse League) and women's (in the ALC), Penn State has both men's (Colonial Athletic Association) and women's (ALC).

The ACC is content with sponsoring a 4-team lacrosse championship. I could see the B1G doing the same with 4 in men's and women's.

That said Maryland can't afford to leave the ACC right now but if the B1G came calling (just like if the phone rings in Clemson or Tallahassee and the caller ID says "SEC"), it could be negotiated and they'd likely find themselves on the way out of the ACC.

They don't pay their players. Where does that revenue go? Don't forget about boosters. Stop saying the buyout is a hurdle. It is not.

Really? Where does the revenue go? Football and basketball revenue goes to non-revenue sports. And if there is anything left over it goes to profit but remember only about 22 schools in the entire nation turn a decent profit on athletics meaning the booster's money is already being well used. That's not to say some booster's can step in and donate more if needed (ex. FSU is trying to fund their new indoor practice facility that will cost between $12-15 mil and to get the fund raising started there were 6 individuals dropping $1 mil each) but schools like Maryland don't have gigantic booster bases to draw from. Not every school is blessed to have boosters like Florida, Texas, and the like.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I don't see anyone leaving the ACC. They've set themselves up pretty well in both sports and may strengthen a little bit more if they add UConn and Rutgers. Despite what that OKTC article AstroBull linked to says, West Virginia is very much in play for the SEC. I believe they've even applied already. Doesn't automatically mean they'll get in, but it is a sign of what's going on. Mizzou seems to be at the hinge of everything, almost literally. They seem to be in play for the everyone except the ACC, although I guess there was minimal talk about that last week, though nothing serious. But Mizzou could wind up anywhere, from the Pac-# to a Big XII/Big East merger. It seems the PAC deal with Texas, TTech, OU and Ok St may be inevitable, but if Notre Dame, whose talks with the Big Ten seem to be getting more serious, does in fact join up there, then Texas, if the Pac deal isn't finalized yet, may switch up and join ND in the Big Ten. In which case, it seems, Mizzou would be their replacement. OU and Ok St seem to be a done deal to the PAC, with Texas Tech probably still going, even without Texas. However, if the PAC deal is finalized, and ND joins the Big Ten, then Mizzou would probably be the 14th member. Of course, this all hinges (see that word again) on whether the SEC takes UWV as their 14th or Mizzou, or if they decide to go for 16, in which case Mizzou would probably be included, assuming they're not snatched up already. So really, Notre Dame's move or non-move, as they'll either stay Independent or join the Big Ten, would actually trigger everything, but then following that, Mizzou's decision would affect the most, it seems.