NFL 2010-2011

bowld

Just thinking outloud (as I love those old Titans unis, but think they ought to stop wearing them)...

Could the Jets add gold without (1) ruining their identity/tradition and (2) looking like the Pack?

Hmmm...well, the Jets and the Packers DO use the same exact shade of Green, so it would be tough.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if Washington went back to these full time . . . (yes it is a game worn and yes it is part of my collection)

Misc208.gif?t=1266349851

I love this helmet and this identity. If there is a god he will make the 'Skins go back to these.

You have quite the collection of helmets. The ones you posted in the other thread a quite unique. Do you collect them for fun or are you in the business of memorabilia or sports equipment? just curious.

Well, if Washington went back to these full time . . . (yes it is a game worn and yes it is part of my collection)

Misc208.gif?t=1266349851

I love this helmet and this identity. If there is a god he will make the 'Skins go back to these.

You have quite the collection of helmets. The ones you posted in the other thread a quite unique. Do you collect them for fun or are you in the business of memorabilia or sports equipment? just curious.

This would look good with either a burgundy or gold facemask.

Misc208.gif?t=1266349851

Agreed.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Misc208.gif?t=1266349851

Agreed.

I actually don't mind the grey facemask because it is a classic helmet and uniform design from years past. I'll give it a pass, unlike the Cardinals who have no business utilizing a grey facemask with their new modern look. If grey wasn't an option I would opt for a burgundy facemask over gold unless they could actually make the facemask gold and not yellow. It used to bug the hell out of me that the San Antonio Riders of the WLAF wore helmets with yellow facemasks when metallic gold was one of their colors.

I'm going to miss the current logos. I think they work just fine. I don't necessarily think that every part of a logo needs to be representative of something. Who cares if the NFC logo has three stars when there are four divisions? It still looks balanced and it works fine. I don't want to jump the gun with judgement until I see the new designs, but from the rumors that I've already read I've got a good idea of whats coming and I'm not a fan.

New modified AFC and NFC marks for next season...nothing earth-shattering, they just match up a little better with the newer NFL logo.

I'll post when it's "safe".

It's about time, really... Honestly, the only "upgrade" I think that's necessary is to tweak the number of stars. Each should have four, I think.

Otherwise, drop the stars entirely and just use the "Endzone" font, the same that's in the NFL shield logo. I made a topic with some AFC/NFC concept logos not too long ago. Here were my concepts:

nfc_concept.png                    afc_concept.png

I'm going to miss the current logos. I think they work just fine. I don't necessarily think that every part of a logo needs to be representative of something. Who cares if the NFC logo has three stars when there are four divisions? It still looks balanced and it works fine. I don't want to jump the gun with judgement until I see the new designs, but from the rumors that I've already read I've got a good idea of whats coming and I'm not a fan.

The NFL seems to be the league of consistency, though... They introduced the modernized shield for the 2008 NFL season and now nearly every other logo/graphic that used the shield was quickly updated. Thus, it just makes sense that some of the older logos still in use will see updates more in line with what's new/popular in the NFL right now.

The NFL seems to be the league of consistency, though... They introduced the modernized shield for the 2008 NFL season and now nearly every other logo/graphic that used the shield was quickly updated. Thus, it just makes sense that some of the older logos still in use will see updates more in line with what's new/popular in the NFL right now.

Yeah, but it doesn't mean I have to like it :)

I like the current conference logos.

Especially the NFC's.

Looks really classy in the Super Bowl end zone

in it's nice blue color each year.

My guess is that the AFC logo will be made

to be the same size as the NFC, and both

will become similar in terms of stars.

sig-1.png

I like the current conference logos.

Especially the NFC's.

Looks really classy in the Super Bowl end zone

in it's nice blue color each year.

My guess is that the AFC logo will be made

to be the same size as the NFC, and both

will become similar in terms of stars.

This is what I'm thinking, too. The font will probably be changed to Endzone, and the stars will probably be standardized to four each. I'd actually like to see these modified conference logos, I'm curious how much of an update they're really going to receive.

Is the NFL also going to update its playoffs, draft and equipment logos that still use the old shield from 1970-2007?

I read on Wikipedia that there will be new Lamar Hunt and George Halas Trophies, as well, that will look similar to the Vince Lombardi Trophy. I guess they're going with a new trophy design since the AFC/NFC logos are being changed?

Is the NFL also going to update its playoffs, draft and equipment logos that still use the old shield from 1970-2007?

They did. In 2008.

That's what I thought, but sometimes I still see the old sheid logo floating around on various merchandise.

It used to bug the hell out of me that the San Antonio Riders of the WLAF wore helmets with yellow facemasks when metallic gold was one of their colors.

I did some research on this one...I believe that the intent was for the Riders to have "Vegas Gold" masks, but they couldn't ever get the color right, and they ended up using a standard yellow mask. Here's an official graphic:

SanAntonioRiders_HRS_1991-1992.png

The Vegas Gold was the flat, non-metallic alternate color to the Metallic Gold.

Archived