NFL 2010-2011

bowld

Not sure what the mod to the Eagles alt could be. My first thought was that it was just a new cut - maybe they're using the alt to try out the Giants template. But then, I wondered why they wouldn't just make the change to all of their jerseys. there's not much room for tweaks with this thing (other than scrapping it altogether, which gets my vote). The number colors can't really be changed, nor can the trim.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, FWIW, Uniwatch Blog (scroll down to the NFL logo) says that there are "new third jerseys for the Colts", . . .

Why has this not created more intrigue around here?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Well, FWIW, Uniwatch Blog (scroll down to the NFL logo) says that there are "new third jerseys for the Colts", . . .

You pretty much answered your own question with the bolded part... ^_^

(IF i had to guess, it'd simply be the old-school Colts sets with the thee sleeve stripes, slightly different block numbers, and single-striped pants. Can't see the Colts doing anything out of the ordinary...they're too simple for that.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You pretty much answered your own question with the bolded part... ^_^

(IF i had to guess, it'd simply be the old-school Colts sets with the thee sleeve stripes, slightly different block numbers, and single-striped pants. Can't see the Colts doing anything out of the ordinary...they're too simple for that.)

That is my suspicion as well, but you never know.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

They're not that kind of organization. It would just be some sort of throwback, unless NFL Properties decided to shove some sort of modern design down their throats.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Was kinda hoping the Bears wouldn't putz around with alternates anymore, but after this offseason, silly me to expect that the Bears would do anything that remotely makes sense.

yeah...tell me about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came out wearing diapers and blue bonnets on their heads. Would actually be quite fitting.

It used to bug the hell out of me that the San Antonio Riders of the WLAF wore helmets with yellow facemasks when metallic gold was one of their colors.

I did some research on this one...I believe that the intent was for the Riders to have "Vegas Gold" masks, but they couldn't ever get the color right, and they ended up using a standard yellow mask. Here's an official graphic:

SanAntonioRiders_HRS_1991-1992.png

The Vegas Gold was the flat, non-metallic alternate color to the Metallic Gold.

thanks for the clarification. I think I actually did read that on this board before.

Love that damn helmet and logo. One of the best color combos ever IMO.

Was kinda hoping the Bears wouldn't putz around with alternates anymore, but after this offseason, silly me to expect that the Bears would do anything that remotely makes sense.

yeah...tell me about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came out wearing diapers and blue bonnets on their heads. Would actually be quite fitting.

IF the Bears had to do an alternate for this season, I'd like to see if they could replicate the "stripes stripes & more stripes" look from back in the day I ain't got a photo reference right off hand, but some of you may know what I'm talking about). Of course, that might also require the UnderArmour undersleeves to make that happen since we all know most football jerseys ain't got sleeves no more--and if the League as a whole moves to those shrinkwrap jerseys this upcoming season then none of them will--but I still think it'd be kinda neat to see if the Bears could pull that one off...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

yeah...tell me about it.

IF the Bears had to do an alternate for this season, I'd like to see if they could replicate the "stripes stripes & more stripes" look from back in the day I ain't got a photo reference right off hand, but some of you may know what I'm talking about). Of course, that might also require the UnderArmour undersleeves to make that happen since we all know most football jerseys ain't got sleeves no more--and if the League as a whole moves to those shrinkwrap jerseys this upcoming season then none of them will--but I still think it'd be kinda neat to see if the Bears could pull that one off...

This one?

HISTORY_OF_FOTTBAL_UNIFORM_5.jpg

EDIT: Found a shot with the socks.

Hmmm... so truncated shoulder stripes existed back in the day too?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What are the chances the Eagles do something throwback...ish?

I'd say slim to none. For one, the post mentioned "modifications", not a brand new one. For another, the owner and president pretty much deny that the team existed prior to them coming in and changing the colors. That yellow throwback a few years ago was a special thing for the 75th anniversary, and goes back far enough that they don't feel threatened by it. I really think that they are threatened by the popularity of the kelly green, the old players, Buddy Ryan, and the Vet.

While there are some Eagles throwbacks I like, like the Super Bowl XV set, I wouldn't want to see them go that route. A throwback in the NFL, unless it's for an anniversary celebration, should act like an alternate, as in it should complement the primary set's identity. The Steelers' and Cowboys' current throwbacks do this very well, for example. None of the throwback options available to the Eagles would complement the current primary set.

I'd say slim to none. For one, the post mentioned "modifications", not a brand new one. For another, the owner and president pretty much deny that the team existed prior to them coming in and changing the colors. That yellow throwback a few years ago was a special thing for the 75th anniversary, and goes back far enough that they don't feel threatened by it. I really think that they are threatened by the popularity of the kelly green, the old players, Buddy Ryan, and the Vet.

They'll fold given due time and pressure. Look at the Buccaneers. They denied pre-Glazer existence for as long as they could. If Central Floridians, fair-weather fans in both senses of the term, can finally get their team to relent on a dumb stance, just think what a motivated and unified Philadelphia contingent can do.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They'll fold given due time and pressure. Look at the Buccaneers. They denied pre-Glazer existence for as long as they could. If Central Floridians, fair-weather fans in both senses of the term, can finally get their team to relent on a dumb stance, just think what a motivated and unified Philadelphia contingent can do.

In the interest of full disclosure, and to be fair, many of that contingent you just named are what we like to call "snowbirds"--mostly relocated from up north somewhere, usually either newly wed or nearly dead--and thus do not count as "real" Floridians. So yeah...that really lends credence to both sides of "fairweather".

(And actually, it wasn't mostly "fan pressure" that did it...it was mostly pressure from several team vets that eventually got ol' man Glazer to back off--with a "scant" lil' bit of pressure from the NFL head office. ^_^ )

It used to bug the hell out of me that the San Antonio Riders of the WLAF wore helmets with yellow facemasks when metallic gold was one of their colors.

I did some research on this one...I believe that the intent was for the Riders to have "Vegas Gold" masks, but they couldn't ever get the color right, and they ended up using a standard yellow mask. Here's an official graphic:

SanAntonioRiders_HRS_1991-1992.png

The Vegas Gold was the flat, non-metallic alternate color to the Metallic Gold.

thanks for the clarification. I think I actually did read that on this board before.

Love that damn helmet and logo. One of the best color combos ever IMO.

I say it puts the Texans' bull head to shame.

Archived