NFL 2010-2011

bowld

Is the NFL also going to update its playoffs, draft and equipment logos that still use the old shield from 1970-2007?

They did. In 2008.

That's what I thought, but sometimes I still see the old sheid logo floating around on various merchandise.

The current NFL Equipment logo(s):

This one is for "field use" only:

NFLEquipment_PM1_2008-9999.png

...and this one is for "retail use":

NFLEquipment_PM2_2008-9999.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New modified AFC and NFC marks for next season...nothing earth-shattering, they just match up a little better with the newer NFL logo.

I'll post when it's "safe".

I imagined they would do something like this, but its probably too earth shattering:

NFCAFC.jpg

New modified AFC and NFC marks for next season...nothing earth-shattering, they just match up a little better with the newer NFL logo.

I'll post when it's "safe".

I imagined they would do something like this, but its probably too earth shattering:

NFCAFC.jpg

Not to mention redundant. Why would they put "NFC" over a logo that's already in the shape of a N?

I'm thinking it's just going to be typeface shift to the same one used in the NFL shield, and maybe four stars in each letter. That's it.

It used to bug the hell out of me that the San Antonio Riders of the WLAF wore helmets with yellow facemasks when metallic gold was one of their colors.

I did some research on this one...I believe that the intent was for the Riders to have "Vegas Gold" masks, but they couldn't ever get the color right, and they ended up using a standard yellow mask. Here's an official graphic:

SanAntonioRiders_HRS_1991-1992.png

The Vegas Gold was the flat, non-metallic alternate color to the Metallic Gold.

Where did you get that helmet graphic?

What's the difference in those Equipment logos?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've heard rumors of a Packers throwback. Any truth to this one? Saw on GB Paper website

There was a report on Fox 6 Milwaukee last night confirming this, but Packers Pres/CEO Mark Murphy said they are months away from any kind of unveiling. A blue jersey is the odds-on favorite here.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Blue jersey with blue number in gold circle on the chest. Paired with tan pants, brown helmet. The original didn't have any numbers on the back, but I'm guessing they'll add large gold numbers.

Click picture for video:

Team_wants_to_add_offiad781c67-6319-4052-a4cb-ed47022806180000_20100222171718_640_480.JPG

Murphy doesn't exactly deny it - I think that's confirmation.

Well, FWIW, Uniwatch Blog (scroll down to the NFL logo) says that there are "new third jerseys for the Colts", with "'updated' thirds for the Cardinals (?), Eagles, Patriots and one other team [possibly the Bears]."

Let me guess: the Cards third will be black, the Eagles, still black, Pats, throwback, and the Bears will dump their orange for a throwback. Thoughts?

Was kinda hoping the Bears wouldn't putz around with alternates anymore, but after this offseason, silly me to expect that the Bears would do anything that remotely makes sense.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, FWIW, Uniwatch Blog (scroll down to the NFL logo) says that there are "new third jerseys for the Colts", with "'updated' thirds for the Cardinals (?), Eagles, Patriots and one other team [possibly the Bears]."

Let me guess: the Cards third will be black, the Eagles, still black, Pats, throwback, and the Bears will dump their orange for a throwback. Thoughts?

Updated 3rds for the Cards probably refers to the Plummer-era jerseys rather than a completely new "black" third jersey. (God help us if it is a black jersey)

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Black jersey with red sleeves? Red jersey with black sleeves? Actually, the latter would probably look pretty good.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived