NFL 2010-2011

bowld

I'm on the other side, I hope the Browns never change to a logo.

I'm for a compromise. They need to introduce an actual logo as the primary, but they shouldn't put it on the helmets. They just need something other then a helmet for mid-field, for the networks to use, for a letterhead, etc....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm for a compromise. They need to introduce an actual logo as the primary, but they shouldn't put it on the helmets. They just need something other then a helmet for mid-field, for the networks to use, for a letterhead, etc....

I agree with this idea. If you look at college football; Navy, Army, Penn State, and Notre Dame all have blank helmets, but have a logo that signifies who they are. If the Brownies were to do this, it would be the smartest move without ruining the uniform.

I don't know what was wrong with that football logo they had a few years ago. Well, that they used a B instead of a C was wrong. Okay. So other than that.

The "B Football" logo is now designated to only be used on women's apparel, while the "Dawg Pound" logo is only to be used on kids products.

I agree with this idea. If you look at college football; Navy, Army, Penn State, and Notre Dame all have blank helmets, but have a logo that signifies who they are. If the Brownies were to do this, it would be the smartest move without ruining the uniform.

I really agree with this. A blank football helmet is not a logo. No team should have a football helmet as their logo at all. Just designate one of their logos as the primary (I'd prefer the elf, but the B-football isn't bad either.) That way they can keep the blank helmet, but actually have a logo to use on TV and on merchandise.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I would expect Atlanta to drop the throwback uniform and bring back the black alternates. They did not wear black jerseys or black pants all year.

Falcons just announced that they are continuing to wear the throwbacks next season. Apparently it's a "5 year deal."

So what EXCLUDES the Eagles from wearing those blue/yellow throwbacks? Don't those fall under this category?

From the Washington Post:

Because a lot of people expelled a lot of commenting emotions when Chris Cooley typed something about black Skins uniforms, figured I should help publicize the uniform-related comments of Skins GM Bruce Allen. The upshot--as emphasized by Skins blogger Matt Terl--is that throwbacks are in, but changes to the color scheme are out.

"Everybody is into these uniforms and whatever changes there might be," Larry Michael told Allen on a recent episode of Redskins Nation. "What can you tell us?"

"Well, first of all, I'm a traditionalist," Allen said, which should end the black uniform talk. "I'm very proud of the Redskins uniform, and I'm very proud of our helmet. I'm talking to Coach Shanahan about some ideas that we have of utilizing our colors that we're very proud of. But other than that, we're gonna stick to our historic base. I loved when the Redskins had those throwback games over the last few years, whether it's the arrow or the feather or the R. Y'know, just watching it on tape from afar, you're like, Oh, gosh, I remember..."

Change is coming for the Skins, thank god!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Because a lot of people expelled a lot of commenting emotions when Chris Cooley typed something about black Skins uniforms, figured I should help publicize the uniform-related comments of Skins GM Bruce Allen. The upshot--as emphasized by Skins blogger Matt Terl--is that throwbacks are in, but changes to the color scheme are out.

"Everybody is into these uniforms and whatever changes there might be," Larry Michael told Allen on a recent episode of Redskins Nation. "What can you tell us?"

"Well, first of all, I'm a traditionalist," Allen said, which should end the black uniform talk. "I'm very proud of the Redskins uniform, and I'm very proud of our helmet. I'm talking to Coach Shanahan about some ideas that we have of utilizing our colors that we're very proud of. But other than that, we're gonna stick to our historic base. I loved when the Redskins had those throwback games over the last few years, whether it's the arrow or the feather or the R. Y'know, just watching it on tape from afar, you're like, Oh, gosh, I remember..."

I smell an alternate or a return of the spear look coming! Please anything BUT the RadioShack helmet. I like the jerseys they wore for the 75th anniversary celebration however...

This one would be nice to see come back permanently as an alternate..

WashingtonRedskins_AUC_2003-9999_SO.gif

This one wouldn't be bad either but something might have to be done about the helmet...

washingtonredskins2007aze8.jpg

ColorWerx...is there any way where we can get the official files from the above throwback set?

I smell an alternate or a return of the spear look coming! Please anything BUT the RadioShack helmet. I like the jerseys they wore for the 75th anniversary celebration however

I believe they wore the Radio Shack helmets during George Allens days as head coach, I wouldnt be too surprised if his boy wants those helmets back. But I agree, the spear look was the best, and I can see it coming back.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I would expect Atlanta to drop the throwback uniform and bring back the black alternates. They did not wear black jerseys or black pants all year.

Falcons just announced that they are continuing to wear the throwbacks next season. Apparently it's a "5 year deal."

So what EXCLUDES the Eagles from wearing those blue/yellow throwbacks? Don't those fall under this category?

The rule only says they have to keep an alternate for five seasons. There's no rule that says they have to wear that designated alternate each season.

I think that those were just considered a "one-time throwback" deal, and not an official alt. Those other teams designated their throwbacks as alternates, to the league doesn't want teams to have"one-and-done" official uniforms. They are likely not required to wear them for all five years, but they probably just can't come out with a new alt during that time. It just has to do with marketing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It doesn't seem like there are any big changes on the horizon, but there's quite a bit of alternate and throwback activity coming in the next year or two.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I can never complain again since the Saints have brought a Super Bowl to my soul...but I owuld love if the Saints replicated the helmet stripes on the gold pants, add gold and white stripes to the black pants and perhaps add white pants......then perfection will be acheived.......well the SB was perfection,....

Saints2.pnglsu21bcs1.png

saintsflagbd4.jpg

I smell an alternate or a return of the spear look coming! Please anything BUT the RadioShack helmet. I like the jerseys they wore for the 75th anniversary celebration however

I believe they wore the Radio Shack helmets during George Allens days as head coach, I wouldnt be too surprised if his boy wants those helmets back. But I agree, the spear look was the best, and I can see it coming back.

When George Allen came in, the current helmet came with him. They kept the Green Bay knock off jerseys and pants throughout his coaching tenure, switching to the current set when Jack Pardee was coach.

Archived