NFL 2010-2011

bowld

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd just like to add that I really hope the Dolphins completely overhaul their look. Right now they just look bland. With the 49ers' change they are the only team that has block, drop shadow numbers right now which is just very nineties. Everything about them is pretty boring. The logo needs a change, too. It's really overdesigned.

I'd just like to add that I really hope the Dolphins completely overhaul their look. Right now they just look bland. With the 49ers' change they are the only team that has block, drop shadow numbers right now which is just very nineties. Everything about them is pretty boring. The logo needs a change, too. It's really overdesigned.

Very 90's? You do know that was a THROWBACK style when it was reintroduced by the 49ers in the 90's right? It was very popular back in the 50's and 60's so I would not say it was "very nineties".

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

It may have been inspired by a throwback style, but I'm fairly certain it wasn't really a throwback. Either way, I'd disagree 100% that block dropshadows are very '90s. I think that when done right, it can make the numbers really stand out by adding nice contrast, and still maintain a classic look. I'm not sure that the Dolphins' original shadow design was "classic", but I think that it worked well with their unique block numbers, and gave them a good look. The updated shadow works too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ravens have somewhat drop shadowed numbers as well

Not to mention the Bengals as well.

He stated block dropshadow numbers. Otherwise, we could include the Eagles in this as well (although they don't use a "drop" shadow, it's more of a 3d kind of thing.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I do not know if this is elsewhere - I looked. In doing the NFL fields I found the browns endzone script. I got it off of the PDF from the Browns Stadium website after looking high and lo for it (it's not on sportslogo.net)

It may have already been made, or someone may make a better version (if so, here: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/tickets/premium/legends.php is where I got it.)

I really appreciate this site and would contribute to improving it if possible.

idx6za.jpg

I do not know if this is elsewhere - I looked. In doing the NFL fields I found the browns endzone script. I got it off of the PDF from the Browns Stadium website after looking high and lo for it (it's not on sportslogo.net)

It may have already been made, or someone may make a better version (if so, here: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/tickets/premium/legends.php is where I got it.)

I really appreciate this site and would contribute to improving it if possible.

idx6za.jpg

You should receive more attention in the Requests section

I didn't request anything.

If you would like a clearer version, then request it. If you are just pointing it out, then just say that you have seen it on a team site.

"It may have already been made, or someone may make a better version", were your words. I take that as a RFI.

Not to worry - he didn't mean to bite your head off.

FWIW, I read your post and took from it that you were offering the graphic for inclusion in the site, unless somebody had already made one and it just hadn't been uploaded.

There's a thread for submissions somewhere, I'll see if I can find it. In any case, welcome - and thanks for the graphic. Didn't realize the Browns were using script end zone marks.

Not to worry - he didn't mean to bite your head off.

FWIW, I read your post and took from it that you were offering the graphic for inclusion in the site, unless somebody had already made one and it just hadn't been uploaded.

There's a thread for submissions somewhere, I'll see if I can find it. In any case, welcome - and thanks for the graphic. Didn't realize the Browns were using script end zone marks.

Yeah, I've found a few things out there not on the site and I'd like to help make the place better if possible.

The Seahawks have NOT for most of their existance, sucked. They have had an over above average winning past.

Seattle has a regular season franchise win-loss record of 250-266 and 257-276 overall (.484 and .482 win percentages respectively)

They went 21 years without winning a playoff game.

Try again please.

And before you start, the Rams have a better win percentage, even after the abominable misrule of the Georgia Frontiere regime.

you beat me to it.

the franchise has historically been mediocre at best. Thankfully, they went to a Super Bowl but other than that they haven't had that much more to cheer any more than anyother NFL team.

I think its easy to lose objectivity when you are so close to something (i.e. a huge fan of the team) Getting a new stadium, making the Super Bowl, getting a sleak new look and now getting Pete Carroll are all huge positives for the franchise. I would argue that leaving the past behind would be a good idea for the team. Forget the royal blue unis, forget the Kingdome...just move on and don't look back.

I'm not positive but I think the success of the Seahawks in the 80s rivaled that of the Seahawks of the 2000s. They didn't make it to the Super Bowl but were close and won the division and made the playoffs multiple times. In my mind, there is value behind the Royal and Green of old.

The Seahawks have NOT for most of their existance, sucked. They have had an over above average winning past.

Seattle has a regular season franchise win-loss record of 250-266 and 257-276 overall (.484 and .482 win percentages respectively)

They went 21 years without winning a playoff game.

Try again please.

And before you start, the Rams have a better win percentage, even after the abominable misrule of the Georgia Frontiere regime.

you beat me to it.

the franchise has historically been mediocre at best. Thankfully, they went to a Super Bowl but other than that they haven't had that much more to cheer any more than anyother NFL team.

I think its easy to lose objectivity when you are so close to something (i.e. a huge fan of the team) Getting a new stadium, making the Super Bowl, getting a sleak new look and now getting Pete Carroll are all huge positives for the franchise. I would argue that leaving the past behind would be a good idea for the team. Forget the royal blue unis, forget the Kingdome...just move on and don't look back.

I'm not positive but I think the success of the Seahawks in the 80s rivaled that of the Seahawks of the 2000s. They didn't make it to the Super Bowl but were close and won the division and made the playoffs multiple times. In my mind, there is value behind the Royal and Green of old.

Well, from 1977-1998 (20 + years) they had 164 wins and 192 losses for a winning percentage of .460. They won 3 playoff games in those 20+ years and went to zero Super Bowls.

From 1999-present (10 years ) they have 91 wins and 85 losses for a winning percentage of .517. They won 4 playoff games in 10 years and went to a Super Bowl.

Its tough to argue that the new millenium Seahawks have a better track record then the old time hawks. But of course we all know wins and losses have nothing to do with uniforms, but I digress :)

Didn't realize the Browns were using script end zone marks.

They did for the past few seasons, but switched back to the block wordmark this season

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived