NFL 2010-2011

bowld

What about the Seahawks? With the team doing a complete overhaul and distancing themselves from the Holmgren era, is there any chance they will change uniforms to coincide with the new regime? Maybe a reach back into the old look in some way? Sark did it with UW and it was very popular. Anyone know if Carroll and the Hawks may do something similar?

I hope not. The Seahawks have one of the most fitting identities in all of pro sports. I can't imagine how they'd improve upon what they have now.

Maybe it's only because of the past 2 horrible years but, as nice as the current set is, I feel like they need some sort of a change... anything different. Maybe it's just bringing back the retro look a couple times a season?

They need the grey to come back.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the Seahawks? With the team doing a complete overhaul and distancing themselves from the Holmgren era, is there any chance they will change uniforms to coincide with the new regime? Maybe a reach back into the old look in some way? Sark did it with UW and it was very popular. Anyone know if Carroll and the Hawks may do something similar?

I hope not. The Seahawks have one of the most fitting identities in all of pro sports. I can't imagine how they'd improve upon what they have now.

Maybe it's only because of the past 2 horrible years but, as nice as the current set is, I feel like they need some sort of a change... anything different. Maybe it's just bringing back the retro look a couple times a season?

I'd welcome the retro look a few times / season... if only to prove how superior the current look is.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd welcome the retro look a few times / season... if only to prove how superior the current look is.

I can only assume that you all cannot be serious.

Things I'd like to see:

Jets- get rid of the Titans unis. Those are terrible. Like someone else said, the 80's look would be great, but I'm not much of a throwback as alternate/current uni person.

Giants- bring back the red alternate. I always liked it.

Steelers- yellow helmets please :P

Bucs and Panthers- both have had pretty much the same uniform for quite a while. A little tweaking would be nice.

Colts, Packers, Raiders, and Chiefs- change something. Little too bland for my taste. I get the history and the Yankee like attitude towards changing anything. But not being a fan of any of the teams leaves me wanting something more. Even if it's subtle.

Seahawks and Browns- bring back the green and orange jerseys respectively.

League Wide- disallow throwbacks as alternates or new current uniforms. Challenge teams to be creative. Not saying a throwback day with uniforms when the occasion calls for it isn't awesome, but as an alternate or current look I'm very against it.

2ly2w09.jpg

Personally, and its a little bit of a pet thing of mine, that I don't expect to ever happen, I'd like to see the Patriots introduce red as there primary color again. They can use the flying elvis if they like, but for me blue just isn't the Patriots color. I think red with blue highlights was a unique NFL look, I think the blue with red is tooo close to the Bills and Giants. (I know about some of this boards problem with the slight historical mash up of having the Patriots in red, but I think that is a small point personally!)

Other than that, the Bills could do with a change, as I am sure plenty of people have pointed out, I'd like to see the Broncos go back to Orange as the primary color, for similar reasons to the Patriots going to red. I'd like the Seahawks to find one combination and stick to it. If it has to be the monochrome, then fine, but I'd prefer something with light pants.

I can't think of many others that need change.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

My Wish List:

1. My beloved Bills: Keep the logo, get rid of all traces of Navy and Nickel in the colour scheme, switch to a combination of the Throwbacks & Kelly Era unis.

2. Jets: Trash the Titans unis. Make the White-on-white-on-white-on-white look the primary road uniform.

3. Ravens: Ditch the white pants altogether, and wear the black pants at home with Purple jerseys, ala the expansion Ravens.

4. Bengals: Remove the white side panels on the Black and Orange uniforms. Make Orange the primary, with monochrome black as an alternate.

5. Jaguars: Keep the logo. Trash everything else.

6. Broncos: Make Orange the primary, with monochrome navy as an alternate.

7. Cowboys: Standarize silvers and blues.

8. Carolina: Make Carolina Blues the primary

9. Browns: Add some stripes to the Brown pants.

10. Cardinals: Either add some striping or a red facemask to the helmet, or change the helmet to red. Never, ever, ever wear red monochromes again.

11. Rams: The uniform and helmet designs are classic. Just swap the Metallic Gold for their old "Athletic" gold.

12. Chiefs: Need an update to the logo and uniforms. Like the Lions did last year, nothing drastic.

13. Seahawks: Wear the navy pants with both uniforms. Retire the Radioactive greens.

14: Niners: Fix the ridiculous sleeve striping and make the pants metallic to match the helmet.

I can only assume that you all cannot be serious.

OH-MY-GOD......How can anyone think the current Seahawk uniforms are superior than what they used to have ?????? That undiscribable drab bluish mess worn from head to toe....They went from bad, Seahawk blue scuba look, to worse, navy blue pants with Seahawk blue jerseys. Not to mention lime green jerseys with navy pants.....Totally embarrised (spell) to be a Seahawk fan now. Bring back the classic royal blue, kelly green, and silver. What was wrong with those uniforms anyway ? I'll compromise, Bring back those colors and use the updated new logo.

They'd probably look a helluva lot better in today's more shimmery fabric so I'd at least like to see how it'd look on the field.

That's a bad photo; those pants were made of the current shiny fabric as have virtually all NFL pants since the mid-80s (exceptions being the Redskins until the last couple of years, the Giants since 2000, the Cardinals and Jaguars since their most recent changes).

I loved their early 80's look with grey pants I believe.

Like this?

291320201.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

OH-MY-GOD......How can anyone think the current Seahawk uniforms are superior than what they used to have ?????? That undiscribable drab bluish mess worn from head to toe....They went from bad, Seahawk blue scuba look, to worse, navy blue pants with Seahawk blue jerseys. Not to mention lime green jerseys with navy pants.....Totally embarrised (spell) to be a Seahawk fan now. Bring back the classic royal blue, kelly green, and silver. What was wrong with those uniforms anyway ? I'll compromise, Bring back those colors and use the updated new logo.

at the risk of sounding like an anus but the uniforms are what embarrases you? not the fact with the exception of the last few years they have been a :censored: team for most of their existance? their uniforms is the least embarrasing part of that team. do they suck? yes. but does most of their history.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

at the risk of sounding like an anus but the uniforms are what embarrases you? not the fact with the exception of the last few years they have been a :censored: team for most of their existance? their uniforms is the least embarrasing part of that team. do they suck? yes. but does most of their history.

The Seahawks have NOT for most of their existance, sucked. They have had an over above average winning past. I grew up with this team since 1976. What attracted me as a kid was the logo and colors. Simple, striking logo, with sharp color scheme. Its not if they win or lose. Players come and go, constant uniforms instill pride, consistancy, stableness. Up until 2002, the team was respected by fans around the country for the professionalim, simplisty, and pride of the Northwest. Even their original colors reflected the surroundings of the area. Now look what they've become. A total drap mess. Really don't mind the updated logo, but the colors are awful........and to wear them from head to toe. At the very, very least, wear white pants as orginally designed.........

The Seahawks have NOT for most of their existance, sucked. They have had an over above average winning past. I grew up with this team since 1976. What attracted me as a kid was the logo and colors. Simple, striking logo, with sharp color scheme. Its not if they win or lose. Players come and go, constant uniforms instill pride, consistancy, stableness. Up until 2002, the team was respected by fans around the country for the professionalim, simplisty, and pride of the Northwest. Even their original colors reflected the surroundings of the area. Now look what they've become. A total drap mess. Really don't mind the updated logo, but the colors are awful........and to wear them from head to toe. At the very, very least, wear white pants as orginally designed.........

My thoughts exactly. Let the 'Hawks wear white pants, and no other kind.

Up until 2002, the team was respected by fans around the country for the professionalim, simplisty, and pride of the Northwest.

Hahaha, no they weren't. They were the team you forgot when you tried to list all the NFL teams from memory because they just went 8-8 like every year.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Seahawks have NOT for most of their existance, sucked. They have had an over above average winning past.

Seattle has a regular season franchise win-loss record of 250-266 and 257-276 overall (.484 and .482 win percentages respectively)

They went 21 years without winning a playoff game.

Try again please.

And before you start, the Rams have a better win percentage, even after the abominable misrule of the Georgia Frontiere regime.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Seahawks have NOT for most of their existance, sucked. They have had an over above average winning past.

Seattle has a regular season franchise win-loss record of 250-266 and 257-276 overall (.484 and .482 win percentages respectively)

Try again please.

And before you start, the Rams have a better win percentage, even after the abominable misrule of the Georgia Frontiere regime.

But if Pete Carroll can coach his team to an undefeated regular season, they'll have a perfect .500 record, solidifying their place as the NFL's most mediocre team of all time! :rolleyes:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Try again please.

you beat me to it.

the franchise has historically been mediocre at best. Thankfully, they went to a Super Bowl but other than that they haven't had that much more to cheer any more than anyother NFL team.

I think its easy to lose objectivity when you are so close to something (i.e. a huge fan of the team) Getting a new stadium, making the Super Bowl, getting a sleak new look and now getting Pete Carroll are all huge positives for the franchise. I would argue that leaving the past behind would be a good idea for the team. Forget the royal blue unis, forget the Kingdome...just move on and don't look back.

Archived